Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

36 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Yes that's what I got as answer since I called Evenko today Monday March 16, asking for my refund of my all events ticket. They said that they have processed my refund since Friday March 13. They have deposited my refund in full amount as the amount of my purchase in my credit card account.

If there is a delay, it depends on the bank to register my refund on my credit card. It may take up to 5 or 10 days, before the refund appears on my credit card account.

So strange isn't it. My credit card is Canadian, from National Bank of Canada.

I will wait patiently for my refund.

It doesn't look like we have a choice but to wait. Also, since they have processed the refunds already, the banking process is going to take a long time before it gets to us. 

And ticket refund just showed up on my card. Lost a bit due to exchange rates but that’s not something I’m gonna cry about. 

I just got all my single day tickets refunded on my credit card.  There were no exchange rate losses!  I received the exact amount I paid in Japanese yen back in December when yen was a lot weaker.

I saw a few Japanese tweets on twitter that said they got full refund after they called their credit card companies and explained that canceling the tickets were not their faults.  This could be only Japanese credit card companies but maybe you want to try???

I havent received my full refund but i did get a portion refunded to my credit card and i didnt get any exchange rate issue. i received the amount i paid for in USD and even got the foreigh exchange fee charged by my cc refunded. so im surprised some people has this issue

also to provide an update, i called evenko and they said the rest of my refund were made to my debit card since 3/13 so it should be in a matter of days i will see it posted on my statement.

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I havent received my full refund but i did get a portion refunded to my credit card and i didnt get any exchange rate issue. i received the amount i paid for in USD and even got the foreigh exchange fee charged by my cc refunded. so im surprised some people has this issue

also to provide an update, i called evenko and they said the rest of my refund were made to my debit card since 3/13 so it should be in a matter of days i will see it posted on my statement.

Thanks for your information. I just wrote Evenko an email so hopefully I will hear from them soon as to why I didn't get full refund.

2 hours ago, Melodie said:

Thanks for your information. I just wrote Evenko an email so hopefully I will hear from them soon as to why I didn't get full refund.

Already received the refund this morning. My credit card has -$1759.82 and I need to transfer it to line of credit. Experiencing technical difficulties getting through to the bank, so might need to call them later. 

UPDATED: Went to the bank teller in person to transfer the refund from credit card to line of credit so I have $117 leftover.

So I just checked with the bank since the refund was lower than the original amount. I thought the diffference was because of exchange rate, so I went there just to confirm. I then told them the event got cancelled due to the virus. The customer service lady, bless her, gave me a form of reclaim. I didn't even ask her to do that. Chances are I may get the refund in full.

For those who got some deduction may be due to exchange rate, I think trying to explain to the bank may be worth it!

Don't know where else to put this. Have y'all seen this foolishness?

https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/1263855020522561537?s=20

also, there's a bunch of tweets in my feed expressing astonishment that the awards went over budget when they weren't even held. WTH. 

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

also, there's a bunch of tweets in my feed expressing astonishment that the awards went over budget when they weren't even held. WTH. 

There is some discussion about it in General Skating Chat and SparkleSalad even thinks it would be instead of the regular Exhibition, and not in addition to it, allowing (mostly retired) skaters whose agent is Zakarian (I saw he was also Evgenia Medvedeva's agent, he had an awkward piece of PR about her) to bill the organisers of the event, with of course a big chunk for Ari Zakarian. How can ISU tolerate that?

6 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

There is some discussion about it in General Skating Chat and SparkleSalad even thinks it would be instead of the regular Exhibition, and not in addition to it, allowing (mostly retired) skaters whose agent is Zakarian (I saw he was also Evgenia Medvedeva's agent, he had an awkward piece of PR about her) to bill the organisers of the event, with of course a big chunk for Ari Zakarian. How can ISU tolerate that?

I don't know how the ISU tolerates it, but that explains so much. 

So we would have gone to the gala and been completely cheated. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't know how the ISU tolerates it, but that explains so much. 

So we would have gone to the gala and been completely cheated. 

They said since the announcement that only the medalists would perform and the rest would be the awards show + retired skaters and acrobats. It's a partnership with Art On Ice which Ari produces so I'm sure the acts would have all been lifted from there and used to promote AOI as well.

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What a stunningly arrogant and self-promoting person who clearly cares little, if at all, about the actual venue (Worlds!) but more about how much money he can make.  And if we "get" to see the virtual awards (which I'd prefer over using an actual gala for them), why even try again next year?  Why did the ISU go for this?  It doesn't promote skating competitions or skaters.  I still mourn not being able to go to Montreal, but this would have been so massively disappointing and maddening.  Any way to have it cancelled for next year?  (Not that ISU listens to anything we, as actual fans of the sport, have to say.)

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think this should be posted in General Yuzu Chat as well.  It relates to all of us and not just those lucky few who almost got to go to Worlds.  It's an abomination and the takeover of the exhibition we all expect and deserve at the end of a competition.  And what's this "over budget" thing anyway?  Did ISU pay him for this? Why?  It's unmasked promotion and HE should pay, especially considering the outrageous prices for tickets this year.

8 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

They said since the announcement that only the medalists would perform and the rest would be the awards show + retired skaters and acrobats. It's a partnership with Art On Ice which Ari produces so I'm sure the acts would have all been lifted from there and used to promote AOI as well.

Yes, and the more Zakarian talks about it, the more I question whether we actually would have gotten the medalists or not. 

@barbara Someone posted it in the General Skating Chat so there's a discussion going on over there. 

8 hours ago, barbara said:

Any way to have it cancelled for next year?  (Not that ISU listens to anything we, as actual fans of the sport, have to say.)

It's already announced on the WC site so unless they pull a bait and switch again and give us a full gala this time...

The point of the awards was to attract non-skating fans who care about celebrities and fashion, not skating, so, yeah, they really couldn't care less about what the skaters or the fans want. Ari has probably signed a multi-year deal with ISU already. All we can do is not tune in to the virtual awards, I suppose, but it's Yuzu drought so how many of us can resist? 

Really, though, given the state of things, i'm not sure we'll have to worry about the awards show going ahead next year anyway...