Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

This 'worlds might be rescheduled but not before October' is exactly the same statement they made after cancelling the short track speed skating Worlds too, so I'm not convinced we should take it seriously

As far as I am aware of, I am not betting on any Worlds plans unless confirmed to have another (delayed) go. Planning the trip is one thing but having to put down $2400 on an unconfirmed event sounds illogical. Rather be saving it for ACI 2020 and Skate Canada International 2020. Much less hassle and money to deal with (at least for me).

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

should have been the moment they cancelled it, but ... :shrug:

I really wish they had sent an email by now. Even just to say "Cancelled/postponed - more information to come."

Edit: It's not an email, but at least an announcement I guess.

I have three tickets for Monday's 6:00 Aura show that were gifted to me by a New Zealand satellite - Is anyone in Montreal who could use them?  I'm going to post this on the other Meet-up site, too.

email from evenko:

evenko has taken note of the Quebec government’s decision to cancel the World Figure Skating Championships, which were scheduled to be held at the Bell Centre from March 16 to 22. As a result of the international nature of the event, and the large number of international delegations invited, evenko supports the government’s decision, which is focused on controlling the risk of spreading the virus.

Refunds will be processed in the following manner:

• Clients that purchased via evenko.ca or by phone will automatically receive a refund on the credit card used to make the purchase.

Please note that refunds can take up to ten (10) business days depending on the financial institution.

• Customers that purchased their tickets in person must return to the Bell Centre Box office to obtain their refund.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Experience Centre by email at [email protected] or by phone at 514-790-2525 or at 1-877-668-8269 (toll free) and an agent will gladly assist you.

We sincerely regret any inconveniences this cancellation may have caused you and thank you for your understanding.

- The evenko team

1 hour ago, buttercup said:

email from evenko:

Received the email too, but I paid for these tickets on a previous credit card. I now have a new credit card. Seeing how we just got the new email about refunds, should I wait to inform Evenko about my new credit card number so the refund can go there instead of the old credit card number? Seems a bit soon to do that (this is what I just found out today when I was on the phone with them).

**UPDATE** The old credit card number is not valid anymore so the bank will transfer the refund to the new credit card number. 

Montreal has banned all large indoor public gatherings. If Worlds hadn't been cancelled yesterday it would've been today. Sigh I wish this virus would take a rest 😔

I got the Email too.  Will be happy when I get the refund however will loose £100 booking fees as all the tickets were individual ones.  :8122879:

3 hours ago, katonice said:

Montreal has banned all large indoor public gatherings. If Worlds hadn't been cancelled yesterday it would've been today. Sigh I wish this virus would take a rest 😔

Profoundly good idea to shut all the pools. No matter how much chlorine you put in, they're always vectors for disease. 

The media just reported that Sophie Trudeau has tested positive for COVID-19. I'm relieved the Quebec government pulled the plug when they did, although the ISU and Skate Canada should've done it much sooner. The Australian F1 has also been called off, and the ATP announced that men's tennis tournaments scheduled over the next six weeks will be cancelled.

9 minutes ago, jitterbug70 said:

The media just reported that Sophie Trudeau has tested positive for COVID-19. I'm relieved the Quebec government pulled the plug when they did, although the ISU and Skate Canada should've done it much sooner. The Australian F1 has also been called off, and the ATP announced that men's tennis tournaments scheduled over the next six weeks will be cancelled.

Why did they pull out at the last minute, I don't know either. It's bullshit, EVERYONE knows there's a virus going around, PULL the plug out of it when you still can. Even the Tokyo Olympics in Japan is still proceeding and people are acting like Japan has some sort of death wish. How the hell can you ask for a death wish at such a urgent time like this I don't get it. Kudos to the wife for voluntarily self-quarantining herself while she just tested positive though.

1 hour ago, Cynthia said:

Why did they pull out at the last minute, I don't know either. It's bullshit, EVERYONE knows there's a virus going around, PULL the plug out of it when you still can. Even the Tokyo Olympics in Japan is still proceeding and people are acting like Japan has some sort of death wish. How the hell can you ask for a death wish at such a urgent time like this I don't get it. Kudos to the wife for voluntarily self-quarantining herself while she just tested positive though.

She's the wife of the Prime Minister...not quarantining herself right now would be really bad optics. But I also think she's a very genuine person and would do.it anyway. 

1 minute ago, buttercup said:

I'm forever scrolling, attempting to get to the end. There is just so much happening. It's making my head spin.

Bit of advice: put the phone down and walk away before your brain explodes. There's only so much disaster news a person can take. Give yourself a breather and go pet a dog or something. The bad news will still be there when you get back.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Bit of advice: put the phone down and walk away before your brain explodes. There's only so much disaster news a person can take. Give yourself a breather and go pet a dog or something. The bad news will still be there when you get back.

Oh, absolutely. I'm not a masochist lol