Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

49 минут назад, holina сказал:

So May 31 is coming up soon....just wondering what are people’s thoughts about buying (or not buying) tickets after having some time to think this over?

Maybe I will try to go for good middle-priced tickets if they will be on sale. I know that a lot of times tickets are on sale in parts, so I must see what tickets will be released and decide fast what to do. I really can't plan that far ahead my working schedule, so if anything comes up, at least good tickets must be easier to resell.

I know that I have been grousing about the prices. 

I was at Stars on Ice yesterday and had seats in the 2nd row...it was literally eyeopening.

Now I am tempted to go with Gold...

5 hours ago, holina said:

So May 31 is coming up soon....just wondering what are people’s thoughts about buying (or not buying) tickets after having some time to think this over?

Will there be new tickets released (for example, single sessions) later?  And will they also be expensive?

I am still not quite sure what to do....the tickets are expensive but I don’t want to risk not being able to see Yuzu in my country.  Perhaps go for the mid-priced tickets?

I was going to try for both GPF and Worlds. But with Worlds prices this high, I'm having a hard time justifying spending that much money. Hopefully Torino ticket info will be released soon so I can weigh my options. Maybe I'll try for mid range tickets for Montreal? Though I really like sitting in the front much much better.

I just have a feeling, there is no need to stress about the high prices, the Gold circle seats will be gone in a blink of an eye. 

All I can say is the orange level tickets are as high as I feel comfortable going in terms of price, so I will aim for those in a good spot come May 31. 

10 hours ago, river said:

Even though it's the first pancake, it's still watching Yuzu make a pancake in person unless he does something surprising with his schedule.)

Now suddenly I have a vision of Yuzu in an apron, walking to center ice with crepe pan in tow...:pancake:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All I can say is the orange level tickets are as high as I feel comfortable going in terms of price, so I will aim for those in a good spot come May 31. 

I think there might be a lot of us aiming for the orange tickets. :13877886:

Day 1: Prices are RIDICULOUS!

Day 2: But I can only go Worlds for 2019/2020 season!

Day 3: Actually... there are 'affordable' price categories.... 

Day 4: They are out to squeeze fans' money. Do i want to fall into this trap?

Day 5: No confirmation that Yuzu will be there (no thanks to ankle)

Day 6: He will attend if everyone prays enough for his ankle!

Day 7: There may be single event sales at later date!

Day 8: Good seats may be sold out! Do not underestimate Hanyuconomy

Day 9: Repeat above all over

How many more days to May 31? 

Also, i was just googling for information like "What to do in Montreal", "How many days needed in Montreal", "Day trip from Montreal".... 

Even if I had the money, I'm still having an impossible time trying to get past the financial risk if he doesn't show up. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: The only other competition I could possible go to next season would be NHK and I think I've used up a lifetime of luck to see him in Saitama so I don't have much hope of getting tickets. 

But then there's this little voice in my head saying "quad axel quad axel quadaxelquadaxelquadaxelquadaxel" :13877886:

20 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Even if I had the money, I'm still having an impossible time trying to get past the financial risk if he doesn't show up. :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: The only other competition I could possible go to next season would be NHK and I think I've used up a lifetime of luck to see him in Saitama so I don't have much hope of getting tickets. 

But then there's this little voice in my head saying "quad axel quad axel quadaxelquadaxelquadaxelquadaxel" :13877886:

This is really a gamble... for someone with bad track record :dry:. Well just one withdrawal in the past is enough to make this investment risky. I'm pretty sure I'm not flying over if he's out. I wonder if i can sell the ticket cheaply just to cover some loss.

But at least you have NHK! Though that is still a will he will he not attend question? 

3 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

This is really a gamble... for someone with bad track record :dry:. Well just one withdrawal in the past is enough to make this investment risky. I'm pretty sure I'm not flying over if he's out. I wonder if i can sell the ticket cheaply just to cover some loss.

But at least you have NHK! Though that is still a will he will he not attend question? 

I'm sure he'll be assigned to NHK but with so many fans deciding to skip WC because of the cost I think it might just be the biggest bloodbath ever, especially if Dai is the host pick. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: If I give up on WC now and try for NHK tickets when they're released in August/September I might risk being left with nothing. All the feds really should get together and work out a schedule ticket schedule for the sake of us fans. :13877886:

On the other hand, if something happens again I think he'll prioritise WC because one more and Nathan has 3 to his 2 golds and the kuyashii will be too much for him to bear. Perhaps the risk is lowest for WC. :think: I'm sure he would have gone to Milan even if he had to leave on crutches had it not been an Olympic season.

Or Skate Canada could just lower the prices a little bit and none of us would have to go through any of this back and forth. :14066882:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

I'm sure he'll be assigned to NHK but with so many fans deciding to skip WC because of the cost I think it might just be the biggest bloodbath ever, especially if Dai is the host pick. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: If I give up on WC now and try for NHK tickets when they're released in August/September I might risk being left with nothing. All the feds really should get together and work out a schedule ticket schedule for the sake of us fans. :13877886:

On the other hand, if something happens again I think he'll prioritise WC because one more and Nathan has 3 to his 2 golds and the kuyashii will be too much for him to bear. Perhaps the risk is lowest for WC. :think: I'm sure he would have gone to Milan even if he had to leave on crutches had it not been an Olympic season.

Or Skate Canada could just lower the prices a little bit and none of us would have to go through any of this back and forth. :14066882:

When you get right down to it, the only competition he's consistently attended in the past few years has been ACI. 

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Well, surely there is always re-sale option in NHK so ticket couldn't be that hard to get except that that will mean similar pricing to Worlds. So the final decision is again, which event has the higher probability of him attending. 

Did I just assume he will break another leg? :59227c768286a__s:

Is it because Skate Canada has less sponsorship compared to Japan which leads to higher cost? How can ticket price be so much higher? :13877886:

I think it is pure greed and milk Yuzu's fans while you still can😒

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Je suis sûr qu'il sera affecté à la NHK, mais vu le nombre de fans décidant de ne pas participer à la Coupe du monde à cause du coût, je pense que ce serait peut-être le plus grand bain de sang de tous les temps, en particulier si Dai est le choix de l'hôte. : tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: Si je laisse tomber maintenant les WC et que je cherche des billets pour la NHK quand ils seront libérés en août / septembre, je risquerais de ne plus rien. Tous les fédéraux devraient vraiment se réunir et élaborer un horaire de billetterie pour le plus grand plaisir de nos fans. : 13877886:

D'un autre côté, si quelque chose se reproduisait, je pense qu'il accordera la priorité à WC car un de plus, Nathan a 3 contre 2 en or et le kuyashii sera trop difficile à supporter. Le risque est peut-être le plus faible pour WC.  Je suis sûr qu'il serait allé à Milan même s'il avait dû partir avec des béquilles si la saison n'avait pas été olympique.:pense:

Ou bien Patinage Canada pourrait simplement baisser un peu les prix et aucun d’entre nous n’aurait à passer par là. : 14066882:

Hello:8122685:,

Do you think Yuzu will be assigned to skate Canada at Kelowna ?