Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

Ari has said it’s a disaster to him. 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

For a short moment I even felt a tiny shadow of empathy towards him. Look, he had such a big dream for such a long time and it was so close...

Tbh I can't even blame him. I blame ISU, SC - those entire well established instituations said big yes to that crazy idea with its sick assumptions. 

My proposition is to let them give honorary costume award to Shulepov to sweeten the hard moments and close that chapter forever.

2 hours ago, monchan said:

They plan to hold wc later in the year (in 20-21 season). Lol the skaters are not messed up enough with this last min change now they want them to do 2 wc in one ss? ISU never disappoints indeed. I'll see if their funny plan can work out at all.

Would anyone fall for their schemes with these prices again? Especially after releasing better tickets later on. I have a feeling people will be more careful and buy later after this.

14 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Omg the awards lol will they still bother to announce the winners?

Don't see the point now.  All gone to hell in a handcart. 

3 hours ago, NILI N said:

i wonder when is due course

According to Evenko's own website, up to ten business days. 

But what about all those who bought tickets from other fans? According to Evenko's information, refunds will be issued directly to the credit card used for the original purchase. So anyone who re-sold their tickets will have to issue the refund to the person who bought from them. I certainly hope they will. 

1 hour ago, Fay said:

:shrug: not to be a jerk about it but, 

do we care?

3 hours ago, cereus said:

Given how long it took to send the tickets in the first place, I am not optimistic about the timeline.

Evenko is the official ticket provider if you bought tickets on the Montreal2020 website?  My credit card statement says BilletCentreBell.Ca  so do I need to try to get money from Bell Center or is this basically the same thing???

Just now, barbara said:

Evenko is the official ticket provider if you bought tickets on the Montreal2020 website?  My credit card statement says BilletCentreBell.Ca  so do I need to try to get money from Bell Center or is this basically the same thing???

When you click on the links for ticket purchase on the Worlds website, they take you to Evenko. so you should get an automatic refund as they say. 

4 hours ago, river said:

I have such mixed feelings about this... most importantly, it's the smart thing to do from a public health standpoint. And that's absolutely the most important thing.

But... as someone who has had tickets since they went on presale... I was really looking forward to live Ballade and SEIMEI...

Do you think you'll go to Montreal anyway - for maybe four days or so?  I'm trying to use the opportunity to see Montreal with other supremely depressed Fanyus.

3 hours ago, SitTwizzle said:

For people who have purchase their tickets from others, it will be complicated.

I contacted the person I bought a couple of tickets from and she has already Paypal'd me back all that I sent her initially.  Easy peesy....Hopefully you still have the email address or name of the original ticket holder.  If it was Paypal, there will be a record of it there.

Just now, barbara said:

Do you think you'll go to Montreal anyway - for maybe four days or so?  I'm trying to use the opportunity to see Montreal with other supremely depressed Fanyus.

I'm not sure. I'm debating the wisdom of travelling internationally during a pandemic without a good reason. (And yes, watching Yuzu counts as an excellent reason.)

I've also been a bit under the weather (not in a COVID-19ish way, don't worry!) today, so if that's still the case by Monday, obviously the trip's off.

Just now, river said:

I'm not sure. I'm debating the wisdom of travelling internationally during a pandemic without a good reason. (And yes, watching Yuzu counts as an excellent reason.)

I've also been a bit under the weather (not in a COVID-19ish way, don't worry!) today, so if that's still the case by Monday, obviously the trip's off.

I haven't even tried to cancel the Airbnb that I booked only last night, hoping to see some of Montreal.  And I have a couple coming to my house to look after my dog (and house) for the entire week.  They are already in the country (from Toronto!) and I can't just toss them out, so making some kind of plan.....

I think it's important for us all to remember that it was not ISU and not  Skate Canada who made this decision.  They "were informed today by the Government of Quebec" that it would be cancelled.  They'd have probably waiting until Monday to do it if they'd had the chance.