Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

Lets say they really cancel world next week..any chances of postponing it to later date and what will happen to entries for next year world?

I tend to think it could have been maintained, had Skate Canada, ISU and whoever responsible, acted reasonably.

At least Québec government (I don't even know their "label") seem to exert some power to say stop to such a mismanaged event.

I am sorry for SEIMEI 3.0 (which must be perfect by now) and maybe for "Nessie".

I am not yet relieved for people who have tickets, as we don't know if they will be refunded.

“At the time of publishing this statement, the ISU has not been informed of any specific decision from the Quebec Health Ministry in regard to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships scheduled to be held in Montreal on March 16-22, 2020.

Pending such a decision the ISU continues with its preparation and implementation of precautionary measures. The ISU will communicate any decisions of the competent authorities as soon as they are available.”

Reading between the lines, ISU’s statement today implies that unless ordered specifically to cancel by the relevant authorities, they will proceed with Worlds as planned.

I wonder, reading between the lines too, if they are not pressured into implementing real, efficient processes to avoid spreading the virus.

9 minutes ago, jitterbug70 said:

“At the time of publishing this statement, the ISU has not been informed of any specific decision from the Quebec Health Ministry in regard to the ISU World Figure Skating Championships scheduled to be held in Montreal on March 16-22, 2020.

Pending such a decision the ISU continues with its preparation and implementation of precautionary measures. The ISU will communicate any decisions of the competent authorities as soon as they are available.”

Reading between the lines, ISU’s statement today implies that unless ordered specifically to cancel by the relevant authorities, they will proceed with Worlds as planned.

If the show goes on, you can be sure no proper preventive measures will take place with Mr. I-knownothing-SU. Should I hope the gov see thru their incompetence? Sigh...

20 minutes ago, monchan said:

If the show goes on, you can be sure no proper preventive measures will take place with Mr. I-knownothing-SU. Should I hope the gov see thru their incompetence? Sigh...

Unless it is a sine qua non condition to Québec allowing the event, and Québec check its implementation...

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I wish they’d hurry...

Exactly  :/ this is really frustrating 

:offtopic2:

And while we are at it, can SOI Japan cancel remaining stops?

Just now, Paskud said:

clearly not, yuzu and fanyus must be milked for their money

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

please >_<;

I’m generally a pretty laidback person. Not much fazes me but this? This is agonizing. This is stress I do not need in my life. Stop dicking around and make a decision for everyone’s sake.