Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

17 minutes ago, baninainpajamas said:

when will that happen though? Will they shut it down on the eve of when practice start? during the competition? There's only 5 more days until the first official practice, are they really going to hold out until the last minute to do so? 😭

It's ISU. You can expect the worst from them.

I’m afraid they have with other events- it’s as though it reaches a tipping point of bad news where suddenly something must be done.  As far as I can tell it’s all reactive rather than planned to any great extent.  

Even if they decide to hold competition (with or without audience), I think all enthusiasm and excitment is already gone. It will be a forced one, without any magic, with nerves all around, dead atmosphere and false PR that nobody will believe. And that dreadful award show for a dessert. What for? It has nothing to do with the spirit of the sport at this moment.

Getting stuck in this limbo must be a nightmare for both attendees and athletes rn. Perfect preperation time for a perfect final of the perfect season.

My government banned all gatherings counting more than 100 people, so all theatres, national opera, symphony halls got shut down as, of this morning. Theatres and concert facilities have the option to broadcast the shows online, which some already announced they will, providing via social media the technical specifications for tickets holders. And mind you our authorities are no way the smartest ever, believe me, however they were capable to come up with some common sense solutions. Whay can`t ISU?

What makes me optimistic about the real risk of spreading the virus (provided the high-risk follies are cancelled : red carpet & Co, and even Awards), is that the public, in its great majority and given the high price of tickets, is chiefly made of fanyus and other dedicated, probably responsible fans, likely to abide by their own demanding self-policy for health safety, of themselves and others. 4CC have shown it, everybody wearing masks.

As to shortage of masks, ready-made masks are more for infected people and health workers, but I think these home-made ones, recommended by Honk Kong University (and by WHO, though not a warranty given their early statements) would be enough for attendees having neither symptom nor risk factor (recent contact with a positive person etc) :

But the whole treatment of all this Worlds by everybody implied, makes me so pessimistic. I hope athletes and their teams don't have to deal with additional headaches from them... There was already the leaked mail...

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

This reporter wants to talk to people

All right then! Let the people of the press to do the job!

11 minutes ago, katonice said:

Is this a competition of how dumb can you be?

Of course, they'll encourage people to mingle all week long.

OF COURSE.

They want skaters to give autographs at Fan Fest, but... this are World Championships. The most important competiton of the season. None of the skaters has time or nerves to go to people. And when? Between practice and SP?

4 minutes ago, Paskud said:

They want skaters to give autographs at Fan Fest, but... this are World Championships. The most important competiton of the season. None of the skaters has time or nerves to go to people. And when? Between practice and SP?

I think it’s probably gonna be Tessa and Scott and Elvis and co., not competitive skaters.

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Unless if by “legend” they meant retired Canadian skaters 🤔 I’m trying REALLY hard to give the ISU the benefit of the doubt here.. still struggling to find any upside though 😂🤦🏻‍♀️