Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

So... was the resolution of the meeting this morning that they will let ISU decide? Or are they still discussing?

Whatever the decision, all of this is just so depressing...

It's so unfair to put a heaviness for decision to go or not to go on the shoulders on people who already spent a lot of money for their tickets, flights, accommodations etc. Especially with so little (almost none) info about protection strategies towards the audience and general poor crisis/risk management. Those people don't deserve to feel this level of responsibility for the situation as well as uncertainty and moral hesitation.  I feel really sorry for those of you who have to directly deal with  this limbo and dillemas.

I even started to wonder if that's the strategy of organizers - all that mess, disinformation, not addressing the issues. Maybe they hope that many people decide not to come, they'll still keep their money, but have less attendees = less problems, lower risk.

I'm very interested what will be a decision for Polish athletes. Not an easy one to take as well. 

14 minutes ago, airi said:

Whatever the decision, all of this is just so depressing...

I know right :/ so done with everything 

18 minutes ago, kingbanana said:

So... was the resolution of the meeting this morning that they will let ISU decide? Or are they still discussing?

The former, I think. Our stupid government even had the gall to say that it's not their responsibility to dictate which events get cancelled or not. :banginghead:

If Trudeau's government doesn't believe it's their responsibility to protect public safety, we're screwed. Not just Montreal, but the whole country. And not just because of coronavirus. What the hell kind of drugs are they even on?!

The same government that legalized recreational cannabis, which they are probably all smoking :13877886:

Instead of waiting for ISU to give a last-minute response, I have just made my mind not to go :sad-smiley-046:

We all know this coronavirus has an asymptomatic incubation period of up to 14 days, and it's super contagious - even though I have my masks, body thermometer, hand sanitizer, alcohol swab, disposable gloves... I can't say for sure that I won't be infected or I'm not going to spread the virus to anyone. On March 2nd we have the first case in NY State identified, now we have over 170 cases. That's how fast it can spread in a general population where no serious action has been asked besides "wash your hands frequently and avoid the sick people".

What's more...the competition will last until 21st, who knows what would happen in these 11 days? If anyone I have contact with is confirmed positive, I might very likely have to be sent for a 14-day quarantine, and that would be a tough story to tell my boss.

This is definitely my own thoughts, not to panic anyone :( but I do hope for those who have determined to go, consider the risks and take precautions, so that you can enjoy the trip feeling prepared:smiley-happy105:

6 minutes ago, PeachMoscato said:

Instead of waiting for ISU to give a last-minute response, I have just made my mind not to go :sad-smiley-046:

We all know this coronavirus has an asymptomatic incubation period of up to 14 days, and it's super contagious - even though I have my masks, body thermometer, hand sanitizer, alcohol swab, disposable gloves... I can't say for sure that I won't be infected or I'm not going to spread the virus to anyone. On March 2nd we have the first case in NY State identified, now we have over 170 cases. That's how fast it can spread in a general population where no serious action has been asked besides "wash your hands frequently and avoid the sick people".

What's more...the competition will last until 21st, who knows what would happen in these 11 days? If anyone I have contact with is confirmed positive, I might very likely have to be sent for a 14-day quarantine, and that would be a tough story to tell my boss.

This is definitely my own thoughts, not to panic anyone :( but I do hope for those who have determined to go, consider the risks and take precautions, so that you can enjoy the trip feeling prepared:smiley-happy105:

good for u

u have taken the right decision

as for refuns, i think we should unite n sue SC and/or ISU and/or quebec autorities

thats what the Israeli monistry of health says: [apart from  14 days isolation for anyone coming to israel now]

Restrictions on Mass Gatherings and Conferences

1. All large community events or mass gatherings of more than 5,000 people are forbidden.
  2. All international travelers in the last 14 days are to avoid attending any gatherings of more than 100 people.
  3. International conferences in Israel are forbidden.
  4. Israeli residents returning from international conferences out of the country must be placed under a 14-day home isolation (for those returning on or after March 4th 2020 - non-retroactive).
  5. For older adults over 60 and people with chronic background diseases such as heart conditions, diabetes, hypertension, respiratory diseases or immunosuppression, it is recommended to avoid gatherings, contact with international travelers, contact with sick people, and contact with people suspected of a coronavirus infection.

4 minutes ago, NILI N said:

thats what the Israeli monistry of health says: [apart from  14 days isolation for anyone coming to israel now]

Restrictions on Mass Gatherings and Conferences

1. All large community events or mass gatherings of more than 5,000 people are forbidden.
  2. All international travelers in the last 14 days are to avoid attending any gatherings of more than 100 people.
  3. International conferences in Israel are forbidden.
  4. Israeli residents returning from international conferences out of the country must be placed under a 14-day home isolation (for those returning on or after March 4th 2020 - non-retroactive).
  5. For older adults over 60 and people with chronic background diseases such as heart conditions, diabetes, hypertension, respiratory diseases or immunosuppression, it is recommended to avoid gatherings, contact with international travelers, contact with sick people, and contact with people suspected of a coronavirus infection.

they have just updated the number

no  more than 2000 ppl, not 5000

I can’t believe no action has been taken :Poohgaveup:

I wonder if other feds might follow the Polish. It’s game over for ISU if the bigger countries start pulling out as well

2 hours ago, holina said:

The same government that legalized recreational cannabis, which they are probably all smoking :13877886:

It's like they're afraid to act like grownups. I get that the country just took a massive economic hit from the pipeline brouhaha, but that's no reason to be afraid of taking definitive steps to avert a public health crisis. Businesses will recover as long as their customers stay alive

37 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

I can’t believe no action has been taken :Poohgaveup:

I wonder if other feds might follow the Polish. It’s game over for ISU if the bigger countries start pulling out as well

Yes. For example, if the Russians drop out, that'll be it. 

That might actually force their hand. 

honestly, the fact that the ISU isn't willing to cancel and give a refund shows how money hungry they are. They rather risk the health and safety of the athletes and fans than cancel the event. call me nasty but one day i really hope they get full boycott because there's gotta be a way for them to pay for these actions