Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

5 minutes ago, baninainpajamas said:

So it sound spike its only for people looking for accreditation (i.e not the general public)? 

I understand it as meaning, accreditation will be mandatory for general public.

It sounds like the guidelines only apply to personnel needing accreditation e.g. journalists, photographers, etc.

I think it's what we already knew before, the measures taken for athletes, staff, media, in a bit more detail, as those people themselves have been informed.

Though if they implement it to the general public, I might have a small issue, because after my cold last month, I've been stuck with a lingering cough that comes and goes (most likely due to dried airways, I guess). I can already imagine getting a fit and everyone freezing and then rushing me away >_>

12 minutes ago, jitterbug70 said:

It sounds like the guidelines only apply to personnel needing accreditation e.g. journalists, photographers, etc.

This wasn’t emailed to ticket holders.  There is nothing set up to protect the audience except about 200 hand sanitizer dispensers.

Journos receiving accreditation instructions. So this means it’s NOT cancelled then

*tearing my hair out* 

2 minutes ago, Sukigirl said:

Journos receiving accreditation instructions. So this means it’s NOT cancelled then

*tearing my hair out* 

Just because journalists got accreditation instructions that doesn't mean the Province of Quebec will not override the ISU's decision with a recommendation to cancel, nor does it mean that the World's will happen with an audience. 

I'm still waiting on what the Province of Quebec says... 

They mention the meeting today in the article as something that hasn't yet happened, so the final decision hasn't been taken yet...

hace 1 minuto , KatjaThera said:

They mention the meeting today in the article as something that hasn't yet happened, so the final decision hasn't been taken yet...

ISU said “in the morning”... and in 40 min it will be noon there, right? So maybe we can expect an answer in the next 2-3 hours?! 

So the instructions from ISU were issued prior to the Quebec meeting? Let’s see what happens. I’ve held off on cancelling my accommodation.

1 minute ago, baninainpajamas said:

yeah at the very least by the end of the day something should be announced! 

Really hoping we get an update sooner than later :( need to plan according then (cancelling accommodation etc.)...this is such a mess..tho i hope it's cancelled...i dont want to risk it :( 

Just now, yuzuangel said:

this "meeting" is taking a while....what does that mean?

Those who, like me, hope these Worlds will take place, but with really good prophylaxis, must hope ISU and Skate Canada representative have put more competence into a very strong process to avoid any contamination during these Worlds, than they have put into all the "marketing thing" (Awards Show and, cherry on the cake, that red carpet announced right in the middle of an epidemic); and can argument steadily for holding the event, in front of Québec administration.