Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

2 minutes ago, liv said:

I"m still not sure what to hope for here. In NA they are still holding the major professional team sports with fans in attendance. Hockey and basketball (and spring training baseball) are still going on with no restrictions other than to not give fans high 5s, no autographs, barring press access to locker rooms etc... and this with the knowledge that in the US they are seriously lacking numbers of tests for Covid19 so no one knows how many actually have it and how it is spreading around the country... I know the skating will attract a more international group of fans than those sports so that makes a difference, but it shows that not all sport is coming to a stand still yet... so I can see why they have yet to make a decision. The Bell Centre would be full of hockey fans if it wasn't full of figure skating fans...

u ignore the fact that any game lasts apprx 2 hours and takes place during one da\y

here we r talking about 10hours a day pf 10k ppl stuck in one arena for 5 days/

hardly the same thing

anyway, for me the NO go has just been decided by the govrt.

anyone returning/entering the country will be placed immediately in 14 days quarantine.

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I’m at the airport :sadPooh: this will be the second time I fly across the world to see these two programs only to be left heartbroken...

Have a safe trip! No one knows what will happen yet, but hopefully you can relax and zone out for a while from all the confusion at least while on your flight.

Easier said than done I know ~_~ But let the stress ease out for a while 

1 minute ago, NILI N said:

u ignore the fact that any game lasts apprx 2 hours and takes place during one da\y

here we r talking about 10hours a day pf 10k ppl stuck in one arena for 5 days/

hardly the same thing

I"m sorry. I do realize the events are different. I was just pointing out that things are still occurring where big money is involved and people are still gathering... and I was pointing out how that might not be good considering the lack of testing in the US.  I wasn't saying that I thought the event should still occur, only that I understand the uncertainty.

I do realize that all it takes for anyone to become sick with flu or cold is to randomly touch something for a second and then touch their own face...  so sometimes 5 minutes or 5 hours beside someone may not make a big difference.

36 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I’m at the airport :sadPooh: this will be the second time I fly across the world to see these two programs only to be left heartbroken...

I know that feeling from Worlds Milan.  Sending virtual hugs. ❤️

2 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

For myself, based on what we know today about the virus, I am definitely willing to take the risk in order to see Yuzu (and, to a much lesser degree, other skaters) compete. So at that level, I hope to be watching the first practices a week from today. 

I am also willing to take the risk (I'm also type 1 diabetic lol) I'm not so well off financially that a cancellation without a refund or won't be getting a refund anytime soon is not appealing to me (plus the fact that I bought one of my tickets from someone else is going to make that a nightmare).

Those who are writing to officials are better off requesting that measures are put into place to ensure sanitation and safety of spectators as well as athletes imo. 

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Have a safe flight. Hoping for the best, whatever that may be :hugs:

Have a safe flight to whoever is flying!! Stay safe, avoid unnecessary contact and wash your hands ❤️

As important as washing hands : hydrating them after, to give back one's skin a protection, removed by washing.

We must each make the best decision for our own health, life and home situation!!

:grouphug:

For those still planning to travel:

I watched a video on the dirtiest parts of the plane:

it is the headrest(!! MRSA and ecoli), the pocket holder(e coli...apparently used diapers and tampons!!), tray table, screen and seat belts and the washroom door handles!!  :acceptable::yuck:

sort of in that order!!

So bring antiviral, antiseptic wipes to wipe all that down while you are gloved before you are set to go.

just saw that

guess, the we cant expect the canadians, not only skate canada or ISu, to make an educated decision.

but i really dont understand u guys.

why take the risk?

n those of u who r already on their way? why so early?

IMO, Trudeau can't solve his way out of a paperbag....

Alberta now has 7 cases of confirmed COVid 19. All related to travel though.

I saw a memo dated Mar 7th, 2020, that patients in ER, hospitalized or very sick will be tested for coronavirus 19 in addition to the viral panel.

Now, Canada advises all Canadians not to go on cruises!!  Duh!!

Rebel news... people watch that stuff?? Basically inflammatory. Not worth listening to...

If I had the money to go, I would go. Montreal is low risk right now. In a month, maybe not. 

1 hour ago, NILI N said:

just saw that

guess, the we cant expect the canadians, not only skate canada or ISu, to make an educated decision.

but i really dont understand u guys.

why take the risk?

n those of u who r already on their way? why so early?

Many have extremely long journeys, others go early for a holiday pre event.  Personally I have a holiday after the event.  Each person decides whether it is a risk they wish to take to go.