Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

9 minutes ago, zootown said:

About asininity...an update on ticket relocation for Sat. I got a call from Bell Center because they relocated my seat, after calling them back and stating I would like a refund instead they answered they cannot simply give me a refund. They need to contact Skate Canada and ask them to refund me. They also suggested me to email Skate Canada. Do we want to place a bet on the response time of Skate Canada? Is it ok to sell you a ticket, then change it 10 days to the event and then make you run laps around instead of simply giving you back your money??? Asinine or dishonest? Will update the Planet when I know more!

how about the refund those who cant make it due to flight cancellations?

3 hours ago, katonice said:

What 1000 figure skating fans are they talking about? No one's going to be there for that stupid red carpet, unless they force us to queue along it in order to get into the venue. 

20 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What 1000 figure skating fans are they talking about? No one's going to be there for that stupid red carpet, unless they force us to queue along it in order to get into the venue. 

Have you forgotten the dangerous idiots at the airport for 4CC?

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Have you forgotten the dangerous idiots at the airport for 4CC?

There's no way that was a thousand people. 

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

There's no way that was a thousand people. 

If there's a chance to see Yuzu sadly I think a thousand people will turn up despite the dangers. People line up outside in freezing temperatures overnight after all to see him. 

There's no way for me to say this without it sounding bad, but will those people be traveling to Montreal at all, considering quite a lot of them appeared to be from now heavily COVID-19 - afflicted countries?

On the other hand, easily 1000 Canadians would show up under any conditions whatsoever for Tessa and Scott.

:think:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

We don't even need to queue at 2 or 3- this is hours before the stupid awards show and we have seats.  It's not like we even need to be at the rink until a bit after 4.

8 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

There's no way for me to say this without it sounding bad, but will those people be traveling to Montreal at all, considering quite a lot of them appeared to be from now heavily COVID-19 - afflicted countries?

On the other hand, easily 1000 Canadians would show up under any conditions whatsoever for Tessa and Scott.

:think:

Even if it's just 500 though it could still be a potentially dangerous situation. And if people can't resell their tickets, people who were otherwise contemplating not to push through might end up going anyway. 

Anyway we'll see how Skate Canada plans to organize this. They haven't really announced who will be given entry to the red carpet. Maybe they will try to regulate it in some way

1 hour ago, katonice said:

If there's a chance to see Yuzu sadly I think a thousand people will turn up despite the dangers. People line up outside in freezing temperatures overnight after all to see him. 

Does anyone think that Yuzu will even be on the red carpet?  Can they make him? Clearly he should win most valuable and will be in the top three nominated and all three are suppose to be, but will he?  How are the current athletes suppose to stay healthy if they are exposed, so closely, to so many people?  Yuzu has asthma - maybe that will be enough for the ISU to excuse him from this stupid red carpet deal.

2 hours ago, barbara said:

Does anyone think that Yuzu will even be on the red carpet?  Can they make him? Clearly he should win most valuable and will be in the top three nominated and all three are suppose to be, but will he?  How are the current athletes suppose to stay healthy if they are exposed, so closely, to so many people?  Yuzu has asthma - maybe that will be enough for the ISU to excuse him from this stupid red carpet deal.

I'd rather Yuzu skip the red carpet. Hopefully, they will at least keep spectators a good distance away from the skaters.

Here is a very cool site that is tracking the COVID-19 cases around the world. Look at it using a PC or laptop. A phone doesn't have enough screen space so it's harder to see.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Eta: Here's a mobile version:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/85320e2ea5424dfaaa75ae62e5c06e61

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

How close do we get to see the skaters...?

I hope we don’t see them at all. Yelling and shouting and spit flying everywhere...

hard to imagine this not turning into a health disaster, honestly...so many people from heavily affected countries attending, the ISU seemingly being more interested in its awards show than safety, and the situation south of the border is a complete poopshow on top of all that. the ISU better hope it gets lucky and no one who turns up has coronavirus

20 minutes ago, shanshani said:

hard to imagine this not turning into a health disaster, honestly...so many people from heavily affected countries attending, the ISU seemingly being more interested in its awards show than safety, and the situation south of the border is a complete poopshow on top of all that. the ISU better hope it gets lucky and no one who turns up has coronavirus

Ikr. Can see the headlines now: "Scores of people contract the Coronavirus after attending the World Figure Skating Competition in Montreal". 

That will sure attract all those new figure skating fans that the ISU wants.

ISU is definitely getting too invested in their self-interest to see the bigger picture. Red carpet at this time. Ha! 

If they are going to invite Yuzu and he is too polite to turn down, I hope Yuzu mama can put her foot down to stop him. 

Anyway, is ISU youtube channel geo-blocked in Canada? May end up streaming some comps in the hotel (IF i don't pull out from the trip last minute. Aii... work responsibility is making my brain flip flop every minute).