Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

15 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

What time does everyone start lining up for each of the events? At ACI 2019 I was lining up at 6 AM with others while some of the fans camped out overnight.

Early - but not as early as ACI.  The venue was SO much smaller and no assigned seats.  We were like animals scrambling over entire rows.  Okay , I would do it again, in a flash.  After the detailed schedule is released, then would a good time to choose what time you show up at the rink.

Is it really a good idea to line up so early in such cold conditions, especially with the virus worries? :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: No doubt fans still will but...

2 hours ago, Cynthia said:

What time does everyone start lining up for each of the events? At ACI 2019 I was lining up at 6 AM with others while some of the fans camped out overnight.

ACI was free seating so naturally people queued early to get good seats. 

Worlds has designated seat. You just need to be early enough to ensure you won’t miss the event after security check (which I expect to be the cause of the long queue). They may have designated time for door opening and we will only know nearer to the date. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:02 PM, yumeaki said:

The world is just not letting me planning my vacation in peace. 

I feel you. Was planning to take the train as well. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I feel you. Was planning to take the train as well. 

I thought the issues with the gas pipeline and railways had been sorted? 

15 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Unfortunately it’s affecting the entire network now. You can see updates on their website

https://www.viarail.ca/en

34 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Unfortunately it’s affecting the entire network now. You can see updates on their website

Oh cripes thought it was sorted.  😭

34 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

So how long will it take to resolve all of this? Booked train tickets for the World's so hoping that it can be done earlier. 

Also, should you wear something nice to the Awards ceremony? Been wanting to wear a dress to commemorate the occasion.

36 minutes ago, solene said:

Haha you are kidding right? It is just a gala, not a fancy event.

Easy now, just asking. Had never been to this event. Besides I thought it would be nice to dress up. Better yet, I will just go with a nice sweater and leggings.

9 minutes ago, Cynthia said:

Easy now, just asking. Had never been to this event. Besides I thought it would be nice to dress up. Better yet, I will just go with a nice sweater and leggings.

Hey, no harm in dressing up. :) Just make sure you keep warm!

11 hours ago, Cynthia said:

My experience for Worlds only was Saitama and it was very disastrous. They didn't have assign seating for the practice so people have to queue up from 4-5 AM in cold weather. Then for the competition, the stadium was very large (30,000+ seating) and they have only 1 entrance so the queue takes a really long time to move/get in. I even missed the opening part of the Gala because of the queue. 

For Montreal Worlds it's assign seating so you might not need to queue up so early. Just beware that you might need spare time for the queuing and security check. 

3 hours ago, Louitunes said:

Not even close. There was one nation in BC that took their blockade down, but the blockade in Ontario is still up, and because of the way the rail network is built, this one blockade has shut down all rail travel/ shipping for Eastern Canada. CN, who owns the tracks, issued the first 450* of an estimated 1000 temporary layoffs to their workers in Eastern Canada today as a result. 

Without delving into too much detail, since it's very off topic for this forum, it's a delicate situation. 

* Just fact-checked this: yesterday CN said this is how many people they anticipate having to  lay off, but as of this morning, so far they've only laid off 10, in what they're calling 'progressive lay-offs' designed to make sure they can get rolling again the second the blockades end. 

I wouldn't say it is off-topic as it impacts so heavily WC. I know nothing of the matter and would be very interested.

But this is just my opinion, I don't pretend speaking for others, nor being qualified in any way, being so new, and so ignorant.

33 minutes ago, SitTwizzle said:

I wouldn't say it is off-topic as it impacts so heavily WC. I know nothing of the matter and would be very interested.

But this is just my opinion, I don't pretend speaking for others, nor being qualified in any way, being so new, and so ignorant.

If you're interested, CBC.ca is a good starting point, they have all the latest news plus in-depth reports. Also try theglobeandmail.com and nationalpost.com, Canada's two biggest newspapers. 

Suffice to say, it's not as simple a situation as you may have heard and there are several sides to the story. Bottom line is the federal government has no choice but to act, but they have to get it right. 

Oh, this situation might also have scuttled Canada's chance for a seat on the UN Security Council, so it has worldwide implications.