Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

25 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

oh no, you’re taking the train? :sadPooh: I really hope something can be sorted out.

I was thinking but I have yet to book anything. However, I may end up taking flight for Montreal - Toronto just to save time. Will the train cancellation affect route from Montreal to QC? Looks like I have to check the bus now. 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:02 PM, Yuzu_legend said:

Hi guys!

FYI I have created a new thread (2020 Worlds Montreal - PH Meetup & Projects) and a PM group as well. I have already included in the PM group all satellites that wrote here they would like to join!!!! 

Montreal get ready, we are coming!!!:dancingpooh:

:snpeace:

Hi, may I please be added to the PM group as well? Thank you! Sorry, posted on wrong thread! Please ignore!

1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

I was thinking but I have yet to book anything. However, I may end up taking flight for Montreal - Toronto just to save time. Will the train cancellation affect route from Montreal to QC? Looks like I have to check the bus now. 

I think it might. :/ 

Via Rail is temporarily ending most passenger services nationwide, expanding an earlier work stoppage that restricted train cancellations to the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal corridor”

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I think it might. :/ 

Via Rail is temporarily ending most passenger services nationwide, expanding an earlier work stoppage that restricted train cancellations to the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal corridor”

I'd like to think our government would actually prize Reconciliation and Indigenous peoples' lives above making Greenhouse-friendly companies $$, but I suspect the Crown will do its utmost to shut down the protests on the rail pretty soon but in such a way that they can pretend they are taking the kinder, gentler approach.  Regardless, I'd look into train alternatives as an alternative, just in case.  I'm going to ask a few friends who use the TO to MON section of the corridor whether Megabus or Greyhound is the better option, should VIA be down.  I can let you know what they say.

Selling one P2 all-event ticket section 111 row H - good seat on the judges' side near athlete entrance.

originally paid CAD $1680.75 but willing to negotiate.

Paypal or Venmo is accepted, DM if interested!

SOLD

9 часов назад, SparkleSalad сказал:

:yznotimpressed: Great. And I have Toronto-Montreal train ticket. So should I now rush for a bus ticket without waiting for refund? I can look into flights but I dunno if there're cheap options.

5 часов назад, Songster01 сказал:

I'd like to think our government would actually prize Reconciliation and Indigenous peoples' lives above making Greenhouse-friendly companies $$, but I suspect the Crown will do its utmost to shut down the protests on the rail pretty soon but in such a way that they can pretend they are taking the kinder, gentler approach.  Regardless, I'd look into train alternatives as an alternative, just in case.  I'm going to ask a few friends who use the TO to MON section of the corridor whether Megabus or Greyhound is the better option, should VIA be down.  I can let you know what they say.

Do you think situation will not change in a month? Greyhound is already too expensive or sold out for the day I need, Megabus is more or less OK, but I'm afraid if I'll wait it will be sold out too.

https://www.viarail.ca/en

Цитата

In order to expedite refunds, passengers can also cancel upcoming trips online themselves without service charges under the following conditions only: 

One way trip: the scheduled departure time has not yet passed and is no later than Feb 20. 

Round trip or multi-segment trip: as long as first trip segment’s scheduled departure time has not yet passed and is no later than Feb 20, all segments will be refunded, even if additional segments fall after Feb 20.

Note that partial cancellations are not possible online.

So maybe it's still early for me to panic.

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

:yznotimpressed: Great. And I have Toronto-Montreal train ticket. So should I now rush for a bus ticket without waiting for refund? I can look into flights but I dunno if there're cheap options.

This rail shutdown doesn't impact me at all, but there are enough people in this site that were planning on the train option that, maybe, someone could look into  renting a van for the week and splitting the cost (you'd have to have somewhere to park it in Montreal, though..)  I just checked and you can rent a van for $350, including fees, at the weekly rate.  Just a thought.....

2 часа назад, barbara сказал:

This rail shutdown doesn't impact me at all, but there are enough people in this site that were planning on the train option that, maybe, someone could look into  renting a van for the week and splitting the cost (you'd have to have somewhere to park it in Montreal, though..)  I just checked and you can rent a van for $350, including fees, at the weekly rate.  Just a thought.....

I only need to travel from Toronto to Montreal on the planned date, but will see how it goes. In worst case scenario (if no train and bus will be sold out) a very kind friend suggested to give me a car ride.

re-posting

Hi

I have rented an 65 m apartment 1.1 km from the venue

Its walking distance. However since i m not well, i wont be able to walk....  N there is nowhere i could park. hopefully i will attend the competition.

Since its non-refundable  i was wondering if someone is interested.

15-23 cost around 670us$.

N then i will look for somewhere with a parking lot.

Pls let me know

btw

did those who bought all event receive tuesday practice tic?

32 minutes ago, NILI N said:

re-posting

Hi

I have rented an 65 m apartment 1.1 km from the venue

Its walking distance. However since i m not well, i wont be able to walk....  N there is nowhere i could park. hopefully i will attend the competition.

Since its non-refundable  i was wondering if someone is interested.

15-23 cost around 670us$.

N then i will look for somewhere with a parking lot.

Pls let me know

btw

did those who bought all event receive tuesday practice tic?

Can't help with the place you rented - but can say I did get my Tuesday practice ticket, but only a week ago.

18 minutes ago, barbara said:

Can't help with the place you rented - but can say I did get my Tuesday practice ticket, but only a week ago.

Tnks

Will write to them then

ISU’s response to the coronavirus. Seems Skate Canada haven’t any details on how they’ll protect the audience, though. :/