Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

21 hours ago, baninainpajamas said:

Thanks for the link! I was finding it so hard to find seat views. 

I'm still wondering tho why the 211 section is more pricey than the 110 section? 🤔

Probably because 211 is closer to the center is my guess.

10 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

Oh no... That's where my seat is 😬

Me too! I'm thinking the crane camera will be in section 110 since they have the most rows blocked in that section. :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

9 hours ago, barbara said:

I think that the seats that are a bit higher may not be impacted by the crane - but, for sure, the first row for spectators, row FF, in 106 and 108 have "partially obstructed views" (if you look for available tickets for the ladies events).  So that's both sides of K+C which makes it impossible to know which side the crane would actually be on.  It's possible that your seat will be fine, depending on the seat number.  It looks like part of the section, at the bottom, is blocked, but not all of it.   If you bought your ticket early, they may not have known if your view would be obstructed and that they simply blocked off the front part of sections 104-110 (though not all of 104 and 110 looked blocked, or "draped").  I'd contact Evenko or SC - not the Bell centre because they haven't a clue.

I think the partially obstructed views in the sections next to the KnC are due to the construction of the KnC, similar to the sections next to the Judges Stand.

I looked at my SCI video to try to see where the TV cameras were located, and I spotted cameras in the center of the long sides, one camera was behind the first row of judges and the other camera was directly opposite on the other side. The Bell Centre seating chart has a row or 2 shown in white in front of section 101 and also a small white square in section 114 behind the judges, so I suspect that's where the center cameras will be. At SCI, there was also a TV camera at the corner on the judges side, where section 110 is at Bell Centre, so I think we'll get a camera there. They also reserved space for photographers and I think some of that gray space in front of 108 and 109 are for the photographers. There were also smaller TV cameras and I think they will position one in section 104. I noticed a view from that corner in other competitions.

1 час назад, IceWings сказал:

Me too! I'm thinking the crane camera will be in section 110 since they have the most rows blocked in that section.

I think lower rows of 110 and 109 are blocked cuz of skaters entrance there.

I think the partially obstructed views in the sections next to the KnC are due to the construction of the KnC, similar to the sections next to the Judges Stand.

That's what SC answered to my mail with a question, though usually KnC construction doesn't obstruct the view, especially if it will be near 107 were seats are blocked.

Only crane camera is usually a problem in one of the corners or short side (it was for me during Helsinki 2017 SP).

:sadPooh:I just bought the ticket for the free ahahahaha. I didn't need my kidney anyway.

Can someone add me to the PM group, please:68556365:?

21 hours ago, Lunna said:

I think lower rows of 110 and 109 are blocked cuz of skaters entrance there.

That's what SC answered to my mail with a question, though usually KnC construction doesn't obstruct the view, especially if it will be near 107 were seats are blocked.

Only crane camera is usually a problem in one of the corners or short side (it was for me during Helsinki 2017 SP).

The FAQ says the skater's entrance is located by section 108 beside the Kiss & Cry. Did that change? Would love it if the skater's entrance is next to 109 - 110, closer to where I'm sitting!

25 minutes ago, IceWings said:

The FAQ says the skater's entrance is located by section 108 beside the Kiss & Cry. Did that change? Would love it if the skater's entrance is next to 109 - 110, closer to where I'm sitting!

SC has not been consistent and sometimes totally contradictory in responses to my questions about all the sections at the K+C end of the rink (and also about where the stage or "platform" will be for the awards, though I think the Bell Centre map of concert seat layouts may be a clue). My latest email is to Evenko about the crane camera placement.  If they can't answer, it'll be the TV networks I ask next.  The very first spectator rows in section 106 - at the top price level - are "partially obstructed views" - and that can't be the K+C set-up, Top dollar and an obstructed view? Insanity.

5 minutes ago, barbara said:

SC has not been consistent and sometimes totally contradictory in responses to my questions about all the sections at the K+C end of the rink (and also about where the stage or "platform" will be for the awards, though I think the Bell Centre map of concert seat layouts may be a clue). My latest email is to Evenko about the crane camera placement.  If they can't answer, it'll be the TV networks I ask next.  The very first spectator rows in section 106 - at the top price level - are "partially obstructed views" - and that can't be the K+C set-up, Top dollar and an obstructed view? Insanity.

Looking at the seating chart, 106 is behind the KnC. I have heard people sitting behind the KnC (at PC Olys for instance) say that their view of the KnC was blocked by the sponsor board so maybe that's what they mean by partially obstructed view.

I didn't read it, was looking at the seating map and on the map it looks like that entrance is under 110, though 110-108 are close, so that doesn't matter much.

As for camera crane - sadly you never know unless there was a comp before at the same arena.

I've finally decided to go to Worlds, too. Booked my flight yesterday and got practice tickets, but now I'm hesitating on whether to get what left-over tickets there are left for the Men's SP, FS and the Awards thing, or wait until the tickets get sent and see if someone I know might be selling :1: It is depressing to see how far back some of those seats are, and then see how expensive they are... Luckily I managed to find a good deal for my plane tickets and a cheaper hotel than the one I had initially booked, so at least I'll save some there...

Hi there, I have a pass for the week, but i might only attend women event and gala, let me know if you would like tickets for men events, i have a ticket for section 102, row j, 800$ canadian for both. Since is a pass for the week, there is all the logistic around sharing the ticket. Maybe when the tickets will be deliverd It will be easy to buy single tickets, i know people waiting for resale, but they are charging way too much i think

Heys! 

I've bought tickets for both the men's short and free, both in cheaper sections, since this will be my first ever event (am still kuyashii for missing the ACI ticket window)

All-event tickets would have set me back a huge chunk of money... And I think I also want to do a small bit of sightseeing around Montreal too. 

9 hours ago, IceWings said:

Looking at the seating chart, 106 is behind the KnC. I have heard people sitting behind the KnC (at PC Olys for instance) say that their view of the KnC was blocked by the sponsor board so maybe that's what they mean by partially obstructed view.

Which seating chart are you looking at?  The montreals2020 site (which seems to be official, though if you just look at the venue map, it doesn't show anything blocked....), it is all of the front, maybe 20 rows, of section 107 that is blocked for K+C.  You wouldn't think that the first spectator row of the adjacent section would have anything obstructed, except maybe into the K+C.  Also Evenko says they do not have a final layout of the event for camera placement so they don't know where the crane camera will be.  Next up, the broadcast networks....

Question: a week or so ago, maybe, someone wrote that they saw that there were white areas just behind the judges and at the front of section 101, presumedly for TV camera placement.  The locations are certainly similar to what the set-up was at SC, but I was curious if someone has seen an actual ticket map that shows this for Worlds???

1 hour ago, Eche said:

Hi there, I have a pass for the week, but i might only attend women event and gala, let me know if you would like tickets for men events, i have a ticket for section 102, row j, 800$ canadian for both. Since is a pass for the week, there is all the logistic around sharing the ticket. Maybe when the tickets will be deliverd It will be easy to buy single tickets, i know people waiting for resale, but they are charging way too much i think

I've sent you a DM.....

Hace 4 horas, KatjaThera said:

I've finally decided to go to Worlds, too. Booked my flight yesterday and got practice tickets, but now I'm hesitating on whether to get what left-over tickets there are left for the Men's SP, FS and the Awards thing, or wait until the tickets get sent and see if someone I know might be selling :1: It is depressing to see how far back some of those seats are, and then see how expensive they are... Luckily I managed to find a good deal for my plane tickets and a cheaper hotel than the one I had initially booked, so at least I'll save some there...

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: yay!!!!!! I hope we get the chance to meet!!! :67638860:. Btw guys, we are now 42 persons in the PM group...come and join us! :peek:

About the arena layout - both times I've been to SCI, the entire short end where the athlete's entrance and K&C are was used for competition related things (and the crane camera)  and the seating begins farther back. If they've got rows blocked on top of that, it's got to be for a broadcast booth or something similar.