Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

12 hours ago, barbara said:

Important question for anyone who has attend Bell Centre for a figure skating championship: Do you remember where the camera placements were?  At SC Kelowna, there was a crane camera in front of a section near the K+C that had to have created major obstruction issues for the fans behind it - or anywhere near it. Skate Canada and the Bell Centre do not have the information - I don't believe they know where any of the cameras will be.  But it's the crane set-up I'm most interested in.  Is that a regular expectation at events covered for major events or perhaps by CBC or TSN? (The set-up won't be the same as for a hockey game. )

Not sure if there's a standard but I know when I went to Worlds in Helsinki the crane cam was on the judges side the right corner. I think you can usually bet on these crane cams being positioned in one of the two corners of the rink closest to the judges. Likewise that time in Helsinki there was no information that the camera would be there, supposedly the excuse is the ISU sends people and plans for them there and the operator would move it up and down so sometimes I had to duck in order to view a skater if they happened to do a spin or something in this corner.

I would place bets that a major championship like Worlds will have at least 1 crane cam, especially if we already saw one in Kelowna.

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yes. 211 is one level up - the Bell Center seating is arranged in tiers. Check out A View From My Seat for more detail 

Thanks for the link! I was finding it so hard to find seat views. 

I'm still wondering tho why the 211 section is more pricey than the 110 section? 🤔

4 hours ago, baninainpajamas said:

Thanks for the link! I was finding it so hard to find seat views. 

I'm still wondering tho why the 211 section is more pricey than the 110 section? 🤔

No clue but it's probably based on the row number. 

7 hours ago, kiches said:

Not sure if there's a standard but I know when I went to Worlds in Helsinki the crane cam was on the judges side the right corner. I think you can usually bet on these crane cams being positioned in one of the two corners of the rink closest to the judges. Likewise that time in Helsinki there was no information that the camera would be there, supposedly the excuse is the ISU sends people and plans for them there and the operator would move it up and down so sometimes I had to duck in order to view a skater if they happened to do a spin or something in this corner.

I would place bets that a major championship like Worlds will have at least 1 crane cam, especially if we already saw one in Kelowna.

I know that with either CBC or CTV/TSN, there's always a crane camera and it's usually in the corner between K&C and the judges, but not always.

I'm seriously worried about my seats now lol. The ticket prices were insane and the possibility of something blocking my view... 😬 

1 hour ago, Taebear said:

I'm seriously worried about my seats now lol. The ticket prices were insane and the possibility of something blocking my view... 😬 

What section are they in?

2 hours ago, barbara said:

What section are they in?

I'm in Section 104, Row C. I'm across from the judges near the kiss and cry. I sat in almost the same area at SCI and the crane was at the opposite corner. Hoping the camera layout will be similar. :/

6 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know that with either CBC or CTV/TSN, there's always a crane camera and it's usually in the corner between K&C and the judges, but not always.

Oh no... That's where my seat is 😬

2 hours ago, Taebear said:

I'm in Section 104, Row C. I'm across from the judges near the kiss and cry. I sat in almost the same area at SCI and the crane was at the opposite corner. Hoping the camera layout will be similar. :/

I think that the seats that are a bit higher may not be impacted by the crane - but, for sure, the first row for spectators, row FF, in 106 and 108 have "partially obstructed views" (if you look for available tickets for the ladies events).  So that's both sides of K+C which makes it impossible to know which side the crane would actually be on.  It's possible that your seat will be fine, depending on the seat number.  It looks like part of the section, at the bottom, is blocked, but not all of it.   If you bought your ticket early, they may not have known if your view would be obstructed and that they simply blocked off the front part of sections 104-110 (though not all of 104 and 110 looked blocked, or "draped").  I'd contact Evenko or SC - not the Bell centre because they haven't a clue.

:peekapooh:I just reserved my hotel, yay!!! Now i need to get tickets for the FS :sadPooh:

3 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

Oh no... That's where my seat is 😬

:crazyshit:hopefully it'll be ok! On the plus side, if there's no camera you'll have an awesome view!

And we still don't know if the glass will be removed - maybe people going to Can Nats this weekend will have a clue how SC deals with the glass.  I heard of issues with such things at Torino.  On the seat info for hockey games, it says "The best seats for any hockey game are more debatable than other sporting event, so there is not a clear Best Seat for a Montreal Canadiens game. At the end of the day it is all up to personal preferrence, but generally speaking if you cannot score front row tickets on the glass in one of the scoring zones, you want to sit above row 10 (D) in the Red Level " - so that just confuses things a little more.  

4 minutes ago, barbara said:

And we still don't know if the glass will be removed - maybe people going to Can Nats this weekend will have a clue how SC deals with the glass.  I heard of issues with such things at Torino.  On the seat info for hockey games, it says "The best seats for any hockey game are more debatable than other sporting event, so there is not a clear Best Seat for a Montreal Canadiens game. At the end of the day it is all up to personal preferrence, but generally speaking if you cannot score front row tickets on the glass in one of the scoring zones, you want to sit above row 10 (D) in the Red Level " - so that just confuses things a little more.  

Ted said the glass will be removed a while back

Take a look at the video of previous Canada-hosted World's in 2013 - no glass. I always thought removing the glass was standard for international skating events until I went to ACI, because it looks bad on TV. But then ACI is a smaller event. 

2 hours ago, jinxxoo said:

Ted said the glass will be removed a while back

Yeah, Ted.