Alex_Trusova

2020 World Figure Skating Championships - Tickets and Discussion!

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

I’m too distressed to notice that!:13877886:and now I just read that Yuzu may not go to ACi because it’s too early in the season! :dpooh:

where did you read that?  I think that was just someone musing...not fact?

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Or, crazy idea, they could have just used any of the current world champions, even if not Canadian, for the promotion. It's not like Chen and Zagitova - or even P/C for that matter - are unknown entities, even to semi-casual watchers :13877886:

Chen is a known entity but he doesn't sell tickets. For all of the hype around him in North America, when it comes down to business like this we see the indications that they know where their bread is buttered. Nathan is currently headlining the US Stars On Ice tour, fresh from winning his second WC, and there are tons of tickets available as cheap as $25. Of course shows and competitions aren't exactly equivalent, but if Americans aren't jumping at the chance to see Nathan skate for under $50, it's highly unlikely that they're going to drop more than $1000 to travel to Canada for him. I completely agree that these ticket prices are ridiculous, but purely from a marketing perspective I can see why they're promoting the event with the only Canadian skaters who have any remote prayer of winning a medal plus the most popular skater with the most devoted fanbase on the planet. 

something something fanyus ruining the sport by charging exorbitant ticket prices .. oh wait

1 hour ago, Xen said:

this is not how hanyuconomy works. 

Uhm... yes it is. I don't consider it hanyuconomy, simply fanconomy, but, same thing. ;-) 

I fully expect a run on the all-event tickets, with the most expensive going the fastest, selling like hot cakes. 

I'd love to be proven wrong when the time comes, but... 

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

I’m too distressed to notice that!:13877886:and now I just read that Yuzu may not go to ACi because it’s too early in the season! :dpooh:

Where did you read that? Was it a reliable source? 

1 hour ago, kiches said:

If I used twitter or something else I may have tweeted them too about this pricing.

I just did! Plenty of people giving them a piece of their minds on Twitter right now. 

2 hours ago, Veveco said:

On top of everything, the Yuzu pic is flipped horizontally. Did they think no one would notice? No respect whatsoever. :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

I'm obviously kidding, I don't care at all about the stupid editing... But I am angry with the organizers for those prices so I'll nitpick at anything. 

I seriously think they're re-using an old poster from previous events, the more I look at it. 

16 minutes ago, Winnie_20 said:

I fully expect a run on the all-event tickets, with the most expensive going the fastest, selling like hot cakes. 

Good God, that would suck. For many reasons but mostly because it would be rewarding this kind of stupid gougery. 

Hace 4 horas, Veveco said:

I was so happy to go to Montreal, now I don't even know if I can afford (and if I can, do I want to play a part in this farce?) 

This is something I have been thinking the whole night about...do I really want to buy those tickets?! Wouldn’t it be much more appropriate to donate the same amount of money to a charity project in Sendai?!! :13877886: and then my heart just fears it  might be the last Worlds with Yuzu and I hate the organizers because they fully know it!!!

Hace 4 horas, yuzuangel said:

True, there should be at least one category with reasonable prices :( (it looks like many seats are not being sold?)

I guess the upper ones in the venue are going to be sold as individual event later and the grey ones down, close to the ice are reserved?!! Or do you think they will release some of them in a second wave?

This is so frustrating...

Obviously, I have no idea how it will look when tickets are sold, but it feels doubtful it will sell out. So it feels safer to wait for individual event tickets + maybe closer to event date when we would know more about attendance and such haha. Unless there will be scalpers with even more ridiculous prices...? 

I can only selfishly hope Yuzu comes for 2021.. (look at my country flag :P) I'd go no matter what. And it's close enough to Helsinki, maybe some of that good luck will rub off..!?  :embSwan:

1 hour ago, Dreamer said:

....they had to use an unflattering photo when there are so many very beautiful ones to choose from

That was my very first thought when I saw the picture. It's probably the very worst angle for shooting his face. Makes it appear that he has no chin. I don't think I've ever seen this picture before. I wonder where they dug it up.

The picture of Weaver and Poje isn't particularly flattering either.

How long did they have to design this?

23 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

And it's close enough to Helsinki, maybe some of that good luck will rub off..!?  :embSwan:

OMG I really wish :hihi: maybe Scandinavia is lucky for Yuzu but all the events just happened to be in Finland? AND it's the WC before the Olys :headdesk:

31 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

That was my very first thought when I saw the picture. It's probably the very worst angle for shooting his face. Makes it appear that he has no chin. I don't think I've ever seen this picture before. I wonder where they dug it up.

The picture of Weaver and Poje isn't particularly flattering either.

How long did they have to design this?

Lol all of the submissions to the banner competition are way better than this :hihi:

17 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

OMG I really wish :hihi: maybe Scandinavia is lucky for Yuzu but all the events just happened to be in Finland? AND it's the WC before the Olys :headdesk:

Scandinavian WC -> Olympics.... a 2-peat? :hihi:

I definitely won't be going in 2020 with those prices but for anyone that's wondering if the price/ice level ratio is worth it, here's my opinion:

Montreal 2020 map / Saitama 2019 map

My S level all-event tickets for Saitama were cheaper than the P3 level here (1365 CAD) and in fact were closer to P4 (1080 CAD). Of course in Saitama we could not choose our seats but I got lucky with 4 row short side, close to the kiss&cry and athlete entrance/coach area. Originally I was praying to NOT get short side, that was my only wish BUT LET ME TELL YOU it was the biggest blessing to get those exact seats. We tried seats on the first rows on the judges' side for a practice session but even if you are relatively close to the ice, there are so many cameras, judge/tech panel seats etc that obstruct the view. We also saw another program from the door/entrance at the top of S level judges' side (we could not get to our seats fast enough, those toilet queues anyone? :shakehead:) and even there the skaters looked like ants. So in the end, from the short side, we could see better. The other side of the rink is not that far (what I feared) and when the skater is close to you, IT'S REALLY CLOSE.

Another thing is how the arena is build. Saitama Super Arena has lower but deeper seating stands and from the pictures I saw of the Centre Bell, it has very steep, high-rise stands. So my guess is, if you get P4 and P5 seats (the highest up), it would be really high

Now the good thing is that in Montreal you can choose your seat (?) so my strategy for the best price-to-seat payoff would be: CHOOSE the lowest row/closest to the ice in the orange P3 area on a short side. That would be the first 4-5 rows of P3. Any higher than that imo is not worth that price. If you can afford the red price category P2 then, again, choose the closet to he ice row OPPOSITE the judges so that there are less cameras in the way. Maybe for the red close to the kiss&cry is good too, but don't choose orange behind the kiss&cry cus you won't see anything. 

tldr: If you decide to pay those bloodsuckers, then choose your seat wisely. Short side IS GOOD and the last rows are preferably avoided. Hope this helps :headdesk2: