sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Pairs and ID SP & FS + Gala

3 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Is base level even lower than Level 1?

Yes, basic level is the lowest, then there are four levels for lifts, from 1 to 4

For basic level the requirement is to hold the lady off the ice for min. 3 seconds

5 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, basic level is the lowest, then there are four levels for lifts, from 1 to 4

For basic level the requirement is to hold the lady off the ice for min. 3 seconds

I imagine every ID pair at this competition is going to take note and learn from this. No more ignoring levels, I expect.

OMG I can't believe I've jinxed H/D so much to make them miss the podium entirely.... I'm sorry argh I need to stop talking about predictable ID, what even is this season? ahhhhh:13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886::13877886:

How could that happen tho? :facepalm: I didn't want it to happen like this, I just wanted some nice scoring...

BUT

I really love this podium. Like I LOVE LOVE it. Super yay for C/B and G/P:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

(I also need to take back what I've said about pairs too, it wasn't home-cooked comp, it was a nice event with very close results and overall reasonable scoring, I think. Sorry for the preemptive bias and feel free to point it out next time I make gloomy predictions about underscoring/overscoring on US soil)

ETA: it looks like J1 was just super super strict with everyone on components (tho the PCS to W/P...why the lowest of all top 4???? tho she/he loved G/P in PE IN and CO. Can't say I disagree there:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:)

It’s like the tech panel slept through all the short programs for every discipline and then woke up for the frees......

5 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

It’s like the tech panel slept through all the short programs for every discipline and then woke up for the frees......

Not for everybody. Not for Shoma or Eunsoo.

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

Not for everybody. Not for Shoma or Eunsoo.

Maybe they got up to get the coffee during those 2. :68468287:

2 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Maybe they got up to get the coffee during those 2. :68468287:

Offf, yes, mandatory coffee breaks.

Now I can't wait to see S/H exhibition. :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg:

i said earlier that ice dance had become predictable, like it used to be, and then these results came in and I changed my mind... I change my mind again, look at positions 5-12... and other than H/D falling to 4th, the top 3 remain in the same order as after the r/d...so, if H/D hadn't had a brain fart on the first element, and W/P and G/P switching in the free dance, everything would have remained the same.

20 minutes ago, liv said:

i said earlier that ice dance had become predictable, like it used to be, and then these results came in and I changed my mind... I change my mind again, look at positions 5-12... and other than H/D falling to 4th, the top 3 remain in the same order as after the r/d...so, if H/D hadn't had a brain fart on the first element, and W/P and G/P switching in the free dance, everything would have remained the same.

yes, that's why I also said that unless a serious mistake/fall happens, ice dance is so predictable. Serious mistakes like this happen rarely for the top teams so it was surprising today. Otherwise everything would've been the same, and even with a better free dance, Piper and Paul wouldn't have been on the podium...