sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Pairs and ID SP & FS + Gala

4 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Stunning doesn't begin to cover it!  It would be stunning if H/D placed 2nd.  But to drop to 4th!!!  I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.  Has that ever happened in a major international ice dance competition?  I'm used to 6.0 days when dancers would fall and still win the competition.

They've been ignoring their levels and relying on high GOEs (?? which were questionable to be honest) for this season (as per their interview post GPF) which is never a good thing because you'll never know when those levels will be your downfall. I don't know why it happened in this competition though. Protocols will be interesting.

Yes, I thought the top 3 teams skated really well tonight. Their programs were all very different and the difficulty was high, the performance level was high.... a well skated event.

lol.  I've literally never looked at ice dance protocols except to see how many 10's P/C got for PCS.  This is like trying to decipher hieroglyphics.  I'm just comparing numbers and letters between teams to figure out what happened

7 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

From protocols, it looks like H/D’s first lift was downgraded to base level. Anyone know how to read the ID protocols?

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/fc2019/fc2019_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf

AHAHAHAHAHA, Gadbois lift with basic level :rofl2:

Don't worry, medals collect dust and only spiritual wins matter.

EDIT: And they still got big GOE on that lift. And those PCS. :shakehead:

On a completely unrelated note, all these ice dancers are so attractive and well-proportioned...especially these tall, dark and handsome men  :mischief:

4 minutes ago, liv said:

Where is judge #1 from ? That person did not like Hubbell and Donahue at all!!!

Great Britain. :D It was his first ISU competition as a judge.

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Great Britain. :D It was his first ISU competition as a judge.

He probably hates Romeo and Juliet lol

6 minutes ago, happy_fish said:

On a completely unrelated note, all these ice dancers are so attractive and well-proportioned...especially these tall, dark and handsome men  :mischief:

There's a really funny moment from Canadian Nationals where they're taking a picture of the ID podium, and Paul suddenly realizes he's a full head shorter than the other guys...but you'd never know it out on the ice.

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

Aw man. I bet they are kicking themselves now. Seems like a very amateurish mistake to make. What a way to lose 🙁☹️