sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Pairs and ID SP & FS + Gala

Well what a stunning upset. :hihi:  Will be interesting to look at protocols, clearly there was a technical issue. 

Super happy for Piper and Paul! :dancingpooh:

14 minutes ago, airi said:

I know Americans have to win here, can that be Chock/Bates please?

Your wish is granted. X

Just now, airi said:

H/D are 4th, 119+

Hah? The GOEs being handed out during the performance didn't reflect that! It has to be that they lost levels and BV....

Wow. So it's Shocked and Bates for the win?? Good for them, although personally it could've been them or either one of the Canadian teams and I wouldn't have been surprised. all were high quality.

I  thought I saw a glitch by Madison in a couple of spots.. but thought I was wrong since the levels given were high... wow. Well , you can knock me down with a feather. I"m happy to be wrong about the predictability of ice dancing.... although i still think it is that way, despite this result.

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I was just thinking the same thing. This is 6.0 era judging: no movement of placement between RD and FD, and judges flinging high scores at the predetermined winners like rose petals or confetti...ergh.

Also, there should be an automatic 10point deduction on any program in any discipline that uses a warhorse so uncreatively...

I liked Chock/Bates but I don't think their program had the same technical difficulty as G/P and W/P.

In the light of these results, I take the above salty comment back...:mischief:

1 minute ago, happy_fish said:

Well what a stunning upset. :hihi:  Will be interesting to look at protocols, clearly there was a technical issue. 

Super happy for Piper and Paul! :dancingpooh:

Stunning doesn't begin to cover it!  It would be stunning if H/D placed 2nd.  But to drop to 4th!!!  I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.  Has that ever happened in a major international ice dance competition?  I'm used to 6.0 days when dancers would fall and still win the competition.

Well, in any case I'm happy for both Canadian teams, their dances tonight were amazing, glad they're getting medals. 

And I just want to add that I really see the difference doing so many ice shows this fall made to Weaver and Poje 's skating. They're so sure-footed and in tune with each other on the ice now. And Piper and Paul are starting to get that way too.

Good competition some great routines.  So happy for Piper and Paul. :happydance:

Not only us, but they too, were stunned, to the point of angry.

ETA: I'm of course very happy for Piper and Paul, I've lost hope to see them podium, no matter how well they do, and yet here they are. :D

I see now the first lift was downgraded and also spin to only level 2 O.O but the lift's BV is only 1.0, wtf what happened there I didn't see such big troubles