Jump to content
sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Pairs and ID SP & FS + Gala

Recommended Posts

ISU Four Continents Championships 2019

Four Continents Championships

Anaheim / USA

04.02.2019 - 10.02.2019

 

 

This is the thread for 4CC Pairs & ID SP & FS/RD & FD-related discussion

 

 

*times listed hereon are in your local time

Instructions for Streaming

 

  • Live QQ
    • Hosted and commentated by Hua Hua 

    • Good quality

    • the user comments flying across the screen can be turned off with a toggle on the bottom right of the video

  • Ok.ru (Gala)

  • Fuji TV

  • CBC

    • Available only in Canada

    • Requires VPN outside of Canada

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results

 

Pairs

 

  Name Total SP FS
1. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) 211.11 2 1
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN) 211.05 1 2
3. Cheng PENG / Yang JIN (CHN) 205.42 3 3
4. Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC (USA) 196.82 4 4
5. Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER (USA) 184.18 7 5
6. Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA (USA) 180.36 5 6
7. Evelyn WALSH / Trennt MICHAUD (CAN) 159.05 6 8
8. Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE (CAN) 158.91 8 7

 

Ice Dance

 

  Name Total RD FD
1. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES (USA) 207.42 2 1
2. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN) 203.93 3 3
3. Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER (CAN) 202.45 4 2
4. Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE (USA) 201.66 1 4
5. Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER (USA) 189.87 5 5
6. Laurence FOURNIER-BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN (CAN) 186.91 6 6
7. Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU (CHN) 169.11 7 7
8. Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN (CHN) 156.89 8 8
9. Misato KOMATSUBARA / Tim KOLETO (JPN) 149.14 9 9
10. Chantelle KERRY / Andrew DODDS (AUS) 138.53 10 10
11. Wanqi NING / Chao WANG (CHN) 130.92 11 11
12. Matila FRIEND / William BADAOUI (AUS) 118.22 12 12

 

Videos:

 

Pairs

Ice Dance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My heart cries at how few the pairs entries are. Especially because some of my fave the pairs had to WD (aussie bbs:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:  Ryom/Kim:sad4:)

but...S/H are finally back :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: ok I'm not expecting them to be at their best, after all at chinese nats they were still at a point where they weren't ready to show the FS... but they are finally back:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  Rooting for them and P/J the most here, but with 3 US pairs being rivals for podium I'm not expecting a particularly friendly scoring. MT/M could be on podium too.

 

Dance....well, it's unlikely C/B will be ahead of H/D and tbh the same applies to W/P. If all 3 teams make no mistakes (and I think thus far H/D has been solid) I just don't see judges placing the current US champs and GPF champs anything but first. But the battle for silver and bronze will be seriously lit:cheer: so many good teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Dance....well, it's unlikely C/B will be ahead of H/D and tbh the same applies to W/P. If all 3 teams make no mistakes (and I think thus far H/D has been solid) I just don't see judges placing the current US champs and GPF champs anything but first. But the battle for silver and bronze will be seriously lit:cheer: so many good teams!

Solid? They had the lowest BV at GPF because of how many levels they lost. In competition where you had H/B and S/B, who strugled with levels on patterns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peng and Jin all the way in the pair's for me.  They had me at.... "Lets dance with a sword".  :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

 

In the ice dance Laurence Fournier Beaudry and Nikolaj Sorensen have the most stunning free programme with gorgeous floor work and fab lifts.  Really rate them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

My heart cries at how few the pairs entries are. Especially because some of my fave the pairs had to WD (aussie bbs:tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg:  Ryom/Kim:sad4:)

but...S/H are finally back :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: ok I'm not expecting them to be at their best, after all at chinese nats they were still at a point where they weren't ready to show the FS... but they are finally back:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  Rooting for them and P/J the most here, but with 3 US pairs being rivals for podium I'm not expecting a particularly friendly scoring. MT/M could be on podium too.

 

Dance....well, it's unlikely C/B will be ahead of H/D and tbh the same applies to W/P. If all 3 teams make no mistakes (and I think thus far H/D has been solid) I just don't see judges placing the current US champs and GPF champs anything but first. But the battle for silver and bronze will be seriously lit:cheer: so many good teams!

It is a shame there are so few entries in pairs.  I wonder why?  I imagine a contributor might be injury.... ???  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Louitunes said:

It is a shame there are so few entries in pairs.  I wonder why?  I imagine a contributor might be injury.... ???  

there's not so many Pairs teams outside of Europe (this season there's just not so many Pairs, period), and some still are shipping while preparing for Worlds, so that's not really unusual. Although I think it's the lowest number since 2014 Olympic season, sigh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Solid? They had the lowest BV at GPF because of how many levels they lost. In competition where you had H/B and S/B, who strugled with levels on patterns.

in the new system GOE can easily make up for lost levels.

H/D are not doing mistakes that judges can't ignore, so they are getting more than enough GOE and PCS to offset any BV loss. in GPF free dance, S/B, S/K, G/F...actually literally everyone had higher BV than H/D, but H/D still won the FD.

So yeah, IMO H/D have been solid. Or rather, their scores have:P

Unless they make a visible mistake (like a stumble) that forces judges to reconsider the high goe and pcs, this competition is theirs to lose. C/B are US#2 so it's unlikely they will be getting higher GOE and PCS than US#1, plus they had to skip the GP so no momentum.

W/P maybe could get higher GOE and PCS, but like C/B they have no momentum, other than being Canada#1. But 4CC is in USA so that's doubtful too.

 

1 hour ago, Louitunes said:

It is a shame there are so few entries in pairs.  I wonder why?  I imagine a contributor might be injury.... ???  

yes, there were quite a few WD. Miu Suzaki/Ryuichi Kihara

Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR (I believe because of injury too, this season has been particularly unfortunate for them:sad-smiley-046:) and Ryom/Kim from PRK WD too (I've read that it could be because of Visa not sure tho, maybe for PRK citizens is harder to get paper for USA? Or maybe PRK didn't want to send them to compete in USA? well at least afaik there was no injury)

with those there would have been 11 pairs, still not so many but...more than we have now.:sigh:

Also, there are only 2 chinese teams (I'm guessing they lost one spot last season because S/H skipped to focus on OWG)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Also, there are only 2 chinese teams (I'm guessing they lost one spot last season because S/H skipped to focus on OWG) 

But every country has 3 spots for 4CC (that would be pointless because there's already too few entries, usually). They just chose to send only two. My suspicion is Yu/Zhang are still not ready after injury. And I don't think another pair has TES minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, airi said:

But every country has 3 spots for 4CC (that would be pointless because there's already too few entries, usually). They just chose to send only two. My suspicion is Yu/Zhang are still not ready after injury. And I don't think another pair has TES minimum.

whops I didn't know :embSwan:

and yeah, it's probably like you said about the 3rd pair :smiley-sad058:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Fuji will be streaming Dance, Pairs, and gala live and uncut on YouTube.

 

Exhibition

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

Ice Dance RD

Spoiler

 

 

Ice Dance FD

Spoiler

 

 

Pairs SP

Spoiler

 

 

 

Pairs FS

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to catch the pairs short before I go on Friday - looking forward to seeing S/H again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...