sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

1 hour ago, LeadenMyr said:

DONOVAN SMILING :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Jason and Shoma together - two sweet puppies!!!

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

:facepalm: Pleeeeease take care.

What the...does the boy hate the idea of being able to walk when he hits his 30s that much? That just sounds crazy to keep skating on.

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

What?!!!

Why is he competing? I thought he was not fully healed but it was okay for him to skate and now he says there is a new injury :smiley-shocked032:. Does he want to destroy his ankle or something :smiley_hairpull:

That sounds really bad... I mean, I don't know much about skating, but spraining your ankle once a week doesn't sound sustainable, even for those of us who just need feet to walk, let alone an athlete?

Also, sigh

I just checked the schedule. sigh again

Oh my, Shoma.... is 4CC really that important??

let us pray that he won´t sprain his ankle once again at 4CC !!! Shoma please be careful

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

That....that doesn't sound good at all:tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5: probably needed more time to strenghten his ankle and now instead he's competing...I wish he had wd tbh but now he's here and set on competing... well...I hope his jumps can have the nicest landings possible without falls or twisting so his ankle can survive (I'm assuming it's the right ankle because he dropped the 4F and iirc at Nats the issue was in the right leg...do we know for sure?)

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Okay, only for me this whole thing looked suspicious? Big drama during nats: injured right before SP, visibly in pain, next day didn't go to practice, no jumps in RT in practice before FP, attended victory ceremony without skates, wd from gala and shows he was listed to. Few days later (not even a week): oh, everything heals well, soon will come back to practice. Am I too used to Yuzuru's months of rehabilitation or it shouldn't look like that? I know Yuzu's ankle is more vulnerable, but still...

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Okay, only for me this whole thing looked suspicious? Big drama during nats: injured right before SP, visibly in pain, next day didn't go to practice, no jumps in RT in practice before FP, attended victory ceremony without skates, wd from gala and shows he was listed to. Few days later (not even a week): oh, everything heals well, soon will come back to practice. Am I too used to Yuzuru's months of rehabilitation or it shouldn't look like that? I know Yuzu's ankle is more vulnerable, but still...

How is it suspicious though?

1 minute ago, MeowZu said:

How is it suspicious though?

Either his injury isn't that bad actually, but someone decided to do big drama around it during nats.
Or his injury IS bad but his team treat it in weird way.

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

IMO it sounds more like a partial dislocation than a sprain...sprains are soft tissue injuries and should take a while to heal...but what it could be is that, rather than a bunch of different injuries, it's all the same one that he keeps aggravating. If Shoma is one of those people whose bodies deal with inflammation quickly and pain subsides in a short time, then he could be thinking he's healed when really he's not. If it's a new injury every time...eek. 

But if it's just a partial dislocation ( and it's being mis-translated as 'sprain' in the news releases) then he could pop the ankle back into place and go merrily along as if nothing happened, over and over again

22 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Either his injury isn't that bad actually, but someone decided to do big drama around it during nats.
Or his injury IS bad but his team treat it in weird way.

What's drama ?I think skipping practice/reducing jump during RT is the thing that most skater would do if they're in pain. Recovering from injury is always tricky, with lots of unexpected things could happen, one day it heal well and the next day it get worse. There's multiple stages of spraining with different timeline to recover, not everyone hurt their right ankle the same way as Yuzuru's.