sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

{sigh} I know he's a teenage boy but he really should take lessons in how to win fans' hearts from Shoma, Boyang and Yuzu rather than from Patrick Chan, you know...

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

OT but one thing I love of GoT is how realistic it is in showing the continuous behind-the-scenes-plotting and back-stabbing. It's sad but true. Well maybe FS is currently a bit less dark than that, but I've recently read some summary of '90s ID drama and that was... something:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp: ngl it creeped me out

Oh now you've made me imagine a throne for Yuzu.  But not an iron one, nononono, let's have a gold one. And sparkly.

7 minutes ago, TallyT said:

{sigh} I know he's a teenage boy but he really should take lessons in how to win fans' hearts from Shoma, Boyang and Yuzu rather than from Patrick Chan, you know...

It's more like he's taking lessons in how to do post-competition interviews from your average NFLer (American football). They all say meat-headed things like that. 

9 minutes ago, TallyT said:

At least Chan was talented :shrug:

it's more like he listened to Ashley Wagner.

2 hours ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

Before Yuzu won his first national title, he said in an interview something like he will not lose and got bashed for that sigh. 

Yuzuru and Vincent are extremely different in their approach to their own skating. I can hear in that 'I can be on the podium at Worlds even if people criticize me' the actual insecurity that Vincent covers up with a fake ego (he knows very well by now that lots of people criticize his jump technique and skating overall, and of course it will get to him, if his coaching team won't let him fix it). 

On the contrary, when Yuzuru says 'I will win', he's not trying to convince anyone, he's not trying to prove himself to other people. He's willing himself to do it, aiming at the top because then he HAS to deliver. It's very different, how Yuzuru deals with expectations and how other people do it. I think Yuzuru has a much bigger ego than Vincent's, but not in a negative way. Yuzuru is sure of himself because he knows skating and owns it. Vincent is insecure because he is young and learning and a lot of people around him treat him like he has to be that child prodigy you show around the family to gain approval. 

My two cents is all. 

12 minutes ago, TallyT said:

But not an iron one, nononono, let's have a gold one. And sparkly.

I know the perfect one! Google 'Laos Royal  Palace throne room' and you should see it...

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I know the perfect one! Google 'Laos Royal  Palace throne room' and you should see it...

Yes. And two big wings in background.

Just now, Paskud said:

Yes. And two big wings in background.

And not just the throne, the whole room is sparkly because of those mirror mosaic scenes on the walls...

The thing about Vincent's artistry, he is at the same level than Chen imo. At least for the LP. I have the impression to see the same person. So that LP is 98 national PCS worthy too, imo:biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Yume said:

The thing about Vincent's artistry, he is at the same level than Chen imo. At least for the LP. I have the impression to see the same person. So that LP is 98 national PCS worthy too, imo:biggrin:

Nationals scoring disagrees. :P

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

How does anyone UR an euler?

well, we could as well ask Yuzu and Rika how anyone can downgrade a 1Eu :xD:

for both of them it looked like a bad landing that they kinda saved with a small hop (and managed to stick a sal there too!)

Well, Yuzuru had that one planned, but the execution wasn't as good as his usual euler combo oh no now I remember he was doing that combo on injured ankle noooo :cry:

anyway, I think Jun Hwan's UR are partly height/built issue and part injuries. As he grows and gets more muscular he'll likely have more power in his jumps and he'll jump higher (he's still very young, one tends to forget because he's so tall, but he's as old as Yuzu in Nice, very far from his physical peak). iirc last season his jumps were worse from this point of view so there's already an improvement.

I hope Korean fed can be helpful for the injury part allowing Jun to skip some internal comps so he can take some time to rest and recover between major internal competitions.

also.... tbh I want the 3Lz3Lo to be scrutinized more too...

About Vincent, IMO more than his height/built (tho he got more muscular in upper body, too, compared to a couple seasons ago) it's his swirly take-off + air position that lack efficiency at the moment. Well idk how easy it is to improve a skater's air position but at least Tom Z has access to all the hi-tech equipment that can help with that. But I don't trust him that much in general:/ (talking about TomZ, not Vincent)

6 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

I do like the GoT-like drama we think FS contains.

Oh it definitely exists. As much as we harp on tech panel they definitely know what they're doing.

It was more obvious with the 6.0 era due to block judging but IJS doesn't seem to be that far off now from 6.0 judging.

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

Oh it definitely exists. As much as we harp on tech panel they definitely know what they're doing.

It was more obvious with the 6.0 era due to block judging but IJS doesn't seem to be that far off now from 6.0 judging.

Oh, TP certainly has things it does. Especially during the Olympics. This "sport" cares more about narratives and money-making.

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I admire his self-confidence, I'm just not convinced it's justified...Worlds is going to be an even deeper field than here and everyone will be bringing their A game please everyone bring their A game...I'm looking at you Kolyada...

I hope Kolyada podiums. I also hope he can train with Yuzu. Both unlikely.

1 hour ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

I hope Kolyada podiums. I also hope he can train with Yuzu. Both unlikely.

In Kolyada's case, I'm not sure training with Yuzu is the answer. Kolyada already has a work ethic and amazing technique. It's the mental game he needs to focus on, in my opinion. I don't know if that's something TCC could help him with.