sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

3 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh dear...Vincent, does he know a tale of The Emperor's New Clothes? Hearing the truth may hurt sometime but that is the only way to truly understand how you look from outside. 

Boyang might have grown taller? It seems Boyang, Jun, and Vincent are all growing, while Shoma stays below 160cm and Nathan below 170cm, good for them I guess. 

Sometime I feel like Vincent has that kind of attitude because of his coaching team aka the adults around him. When your coach out there said " jumps are fine, its how his ankle work", how he's gonna fix the root of his issue when coaches don't seem to acknowledge it ? 

32 minutes ago, Paskud said:

worlds podium:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

I don’t see anything wrong with his quote. Of course he can be on the worlds podium. All top 8 men have a chance. Look what happened during GP. 

I think this forum is a bit too harsh on Vincent. Why :sadPooh:

Congratulations to medalists. It was the best skate by Shoma I've seen for a long time, definitely the best skate of this program. I agree some things were not called, but a score around 190ish is ok imo. The new WR will be broken multiple times next month anyway.

I'm happy for Boyang, that was really not bad after that hard beginning of his season. Should he won? In my opinion no, placement is fair. But of course this is one of the things that can be discussed...

Vincent's bronze... I don't know, that wouldn't happen if it was not US, and Keegan was kind of robbed, but I'm not gonna think about it further. It happened. And yeah right, Worlds podium :laughing:

Yay for Keiji cleanish program! I was so happy for him. Sad that Jun didnt get another medal, but there's always next time.

6 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with his quote. Of course he can be on the worlds podium. All top 8 men have a chance. Look what happened during GP. 

Samarin has more chances to podium at worlds than Vincent.

And I don't want to know what disaster needs to happen for no Yuzu/Shoma/Nate podium in whatever order.

well it's nice that Vincent skates because he loves that:img_21:

loving the sport it's probably necessary in order to keep going on, especially when there aren't great chances of making a living thanks to figure skating and training is very expensive.

the more I think about Vincent, the more I doubt he is a ultra-perfectionist at heart, contrary to some other skaters... Over-criticism isn't always good of course, and I'm not saying Vincent shouldn't be confident (confidence takes you a long way in a competitive sport), but maybe a little bit more of self-awareness would be nice (or maybe coaches could help him be grounded instead of reinforcing his believes). Or maybe it's just that we are used to more self-criticism from skaters... (and hey at least Vincent only speaks about himself without disregarding competitors. I mean, this is at worst self-delusion, not at all comparable to all the vitriol flying back and forth between certain skaters in the past:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:)

btw IMO he has good reasons to say he could podium at worlds because

1) men are unpredictable, and despite how unlikely it is for most of top men to mess, it can happen...(I should know, I've seen it happen under my very own eyes)

2) if the URs aren't called, like at Olys last season, he has a huge BV (and when there are no calls, boosted GOE and PCS usually follow)

if you combine 1 and 2, it might be enough for a couple of top men to bomb to have one open slot for the podium, and that's not as unlikely (I think e.g. cleanish Misha has comparable SB to Vincent despite Vincent getting a few URs calles here wait we don't even know if Misha will be at Worlds:14066882:and same for Keegan. A Vincent without UR has a BV that's hard to catch up with GOE and PCS only...(especially because of how GOE and PCS are given). Not many guys are attempting 2quads in SP and 3-4 quads in FS...

of course point 2) should never happen....:shrug:

unrelated but I like Vincent's FS costume:tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw: tbh it's my fave on that podium, but I like that none of the guys backed down on sparkles:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

even more unrelated: Boyang is still listed at 1.70m....weird...ISU bio says Vincent is 1.75  JunHwan 1.78 (wasn't he taller tho??), Samarin 1.78 and Roman Sadovsky 1.84....there are some very tall boys in the new generations:tumblr_inline_n2pjd648pi1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, hoodie axel said:

I do like the GoT-like drama we think FS contains.

OT but one thing I love of GoT is how realistic it is in showing the continuous behind-the-scenes-plotting and back-stabbing. It's sad but true. Well maybe FS is currently a bit less dark than that, but I've recently read some summary of '90s ID drama and that was... something:tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp: ngl it creeped me out

When we see that 3 of the 6 men who were at GPF are Voronov, Brezina, Messing, three men who don't have some of the bests technical arsenals, the best consistency, the best PCS, who didn't medaled later at continental championships, i say everything is possible. And its not like his potential scoring is so low that he can't even expect a top 5. It would have been more accurate for him to say "i can be on worlds podium....if other skaters bomb". But no one says that.

And i think that boy says some things on purpose. Like he knows what people is saying about him on internet and he's like "let me annoy you even more":68468287::laughing:

34 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Samarin has more chances to podium at worlds than Vincent.

And I don't want to know what disaster needs to happen for no Yuzu/Shoma/Nate podium in whatever order.

tbh a lot can happen to prevent that podium. Bad, bad things that happened before when most people already predicted exactly the same podium for GPF, but also something a'la Nate Olympics SP can happen, it takes one mistake really and another follow easily then...

But I wouldn't put Vincent outside US as first candidate for crashing podium.

1 minute ago, Yume said:

And i think that boy says some things on purpose. Like he knows what people is saying about him on internet and he's like "let me annoy you even more":68468287::laughing:

At this point, I won't be shocked if it's true.

It's just that the nonsense about URs from his was dumb, lol.

He's in the mix. I just don't think a podium is realistic for him at all.

And i think that there is generally two reactions in a situation where judges tell you that your jumps who were great or fine months ago, are bad or not so great.

1) You lose confidence like Medvedeva.

2) You act like you are over-confident like Zhou. Everything is fine. 

I think option 2) is better for Zhou because that allows him to stay motivated and works. I think he works on his jumps, even if his words make think the contrary.

Now it can also be his ego that is too big...:laughing:

I think I liked Keiji's performance the most in the last two group. I was happy for him that he managed to land the two 4S and two 3As as well. I was wondering if he popped the 3S only because he was close to the board, or there was another reason for it. Anyway, it doesn't really matter, he skated really well overall. I noticed that once he is not so focused on the elements, then he can perform so much better. 

I was also happy for Boyang getting a medal here <3 His performance was better at Nationals, and some parts in the program is still empty but I hope he'll be able to improve until Worlds and skate to two very good programs there (where we'll see his perfect 4Lz too! <3 )

It was nice to see Keegan skate well, too. With Vincent's URs in the SP I think he'd have got the bronze medal but yeah...it didn't happen. But it was good to see him happy in the k&c, it was his first 4CC after all and he competed well here.

Jun had many problems with his jumps today, which wasn't that surprising given how many competitions he had recently, and the boot problems/injury make everything worse.  I just hope he'll have a bit of rest now and can get into better form again for Worlds. 

It's okay that the TP called his jumps, I just don't get why they started to call the jumps after Vincent's free skate. It's okay if they're strict but I wish they were more consistent in it...:/   

Shoma was in a fighting mode today, maybe if he's struggling with injury he is able to fight more, I don't know. He really looked like a bulldozer today. His 4F is still a triple, but even with the calls and a bit less PCS he probably would've won it anyway. I am not surprised about the WR, I am more surprised that it took the men three months to get a new WR and it says something about the men's field without Yuzu (Yuzu's WR wasn't high at all, and he was still far from his top form early November...).

38 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Boyang is still listed at 1.70m....weird...ISU bio says Vincent is 1.75  JunHwan 1.78 (wasn't he taller tho??), Samarin 1.78 and Roman Sadovsky 1.84....there are some very tall boys in the new generations:tumblr_inline_n2pjd648pi1qdlkyg:

Boyang and Vincent look the same height, maybe Vincent a bit taller. Jun is over 1.8 m now. And Roman is a giant compared to many other skaters XD