sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

2 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

That is so, so, so, so infinitely sad. I was too overjoyed to think of that and now I'm heartbroken again 😭💔 

But yes, it's real!!! Azjjcjfjfsjhs

Also, since this turned into a Keiji thirst community during his fs, have at thee, my fellow Keiji lovers. 

PlanetKeiji.com someone make it happen.

The last group was worth it to wake up to - a lot of good skates from men is the thing we don't see often.

Of course I can go on that Boyang's scores should be closer to Shoma's cuz a lot of Shoma's GOEs were too high (sadly nothing new here) and I'll get them closer on PCS (maybe around Jason's for Shoma but who am I kidding?). But whatever... congrats to skaters for having good performances! Especially Boyang, Jason, Keegan and Keiji who had troubles all season :clap:

Heh, I knew that going to sleep was a good idea. Some Japan media will be now so ugly like never, yikes.

At least Zuzu is very kuyashii now.

WC in Saitama will be Olympics 2.0. Glorious.

:offtopic2:

Shortly about Rika vs. Satoko:

1. Japan media isn't JSF. Being Japan media favourite doesn't mean JSF supports you. Otherwise Marin's scores would rise long time ago. But Marin is loved by Japan media, not JSF.

2. I have quick question to everybody who thinks JSF loves Rika more than Satoko: Did you saw last Japan Nats? It can (or not) change now, of course, after results, but did you saw Japan Nats?

Congrats to the medallists!:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

I see tech panel was kidnapped and replaced overnight:confused: I wish the calls could be more consistent, it's...confusing and kinda cruel to the skaters when one day they get a pass and the next they don't :sigh: (I am for more consistent strictness)

But the most important thing is that some men not only lived but did well:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Keegan finally skating well, no calls, no pops! Keiko too! and Shoma got gold in style :biggrin: comeback was the theme in singles... (was the skate better than helsinki fs to get 104 tes and higher pcs? If yes I'm happy and it was about time....also, the last time Shoma was holding a WR we know what happened:P)

particularly happy that Boyang survived the smaller rink too:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:  when I learned it wasn't regular size I was preparing myself for the worst scenario:1:

Happy that Donovan is getting exposure :10742289:

just a sneak peek at protocols doesn't make me roll my eye too hard, looks about what I could expect from usual scoring. After reading on twitter Shoma's 4F was gorgeous I thought I'd see +5 but looks like they didn't go too overboard? (Or was 4F not that gorgeous?). I'm just mildly lolling at 9.5 in TR (canadian judge really loved that skate). I hope my zen won't disappear after watching the whole event. Kazuki :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: Julian:tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380: that invalid element:sad-smiley-046: and ouch that was a full carrot cake for JunHwan

ETA: ok maybe I spoke too soon, my zen is slowly slipping away already:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

ETA2: "I don't feel too much pain in my ankle and if I don't twist it the wrong way I should be fine."

:facepalm:

No Shoma, you need some rest and treatment, especially if you want to keep competing for the whole quad...

20 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

also, the last time Shoma was holding a WR we know what happened:P)

When did Shoma hold a WR? In some Lombardia trophy maybe or I don't remember?? 

In any case yes, 197 as a Free Skate score is something Yuzuru can eat for breakfast. The best thing I can imagine happening at Worlds is multiple skaters (like Boyang, Chen, Shoma) breaking that WR skate after skate, and then comes Mr. Hanyu and writes his name on it with a marker... 

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

In any case yes, 197 as a Free Skate score is something Yuzuru can eat for breakfast. The best thing I can imagine happening at Worlds is multiple skaters (like Boyang, Chen, Shoma) breaking that WR skate after skate, and then comes Mr. Hanyu and writes his name on it with a marker... 

Yep, 104 in SP at Lombardia. This season.

I could not stay up for this because I had to getbup early today, but that was a good final flight. 

Shoma skated well, esp considering his injury, but my goodness the basic crossovers seemed glaringly more obvious today. He deserved the win, though.

Boyang. That is far more like it. He is just a slow cooker that doesnt start to boil until around this time each year. I like that program.  I want that 4lutz done properly, sir!!! The most gorgeous lutz needs to be on display!! Well deserved silver. 

Vinvent is vincent. Nice home bronze. 

Junhwan. You can see the injury impacted him here. His urs were more obvious, things werent as sure. I wish Korean skate fed would let him be rather than dragging him home for minor comps after they can see how well he is doing internationally. Anyway, I always enjoy his performances. 

Jason. Ok, tried the 4s, but at least he tried. After seeing this program at ACI, has it ever improved. I will never love it, but I am enjoying it... and his jumps have come a long way. 

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Yep, 104 in SP at Lombardia. This season.

yes and yes, it's a likely scenario that there will be some multiple breaking wrs at Worlds if top guys go clean...

and yeah, the last time Shoma had a WR (well, Nathan held WR too) Yuzuru went on resetting everything :biggrin:(ACI doesn't count, ok? he needed the early season kuyashii for things to click)

8 hours ago, Xen said:

Honestly, if I were to use politics to explain stuff, the result isn't that surprising. 

IMO, this is how it's ranked. 

1. Yuzu-of the non-JP feds, only US views itself as having a competitor that could reach Yuzu's level, and it's Nathan. I think in China, usually we view Yuzu as just too high above, so it's a pointless political fight to get into. 

2. US fed views Shoma, Nate and Boyang to be a cluster, but since 4Lz is the bigger threat, USfed goes after Boyang first. JPN also goes after Boyang and CHN fed goes after both Nate and Shoma. 

3. USfed views Vincent as a potential backup for Nathan, and will boost Vincent versus Shoma and Boyang, but views Boyang as an easier target due to PCS cookies that Boyang never gets. 

4. Hence if both Shoma and Boyang are equally clean, Boyang gets more likely targeted, because he's a bigger threat due to his TES and the fact he doesn't have a UR issue that can be called at any time (which Shoma does have)

In so far as politics go, I think Shoma is just a side distraction since he lacks the 4Lz and 4Lz3T combo, plus has a giant UR issue. It does however, keep Japan distracted since JPN feels compelled to protect Shoma (if only just to protect its 3 spots). The most plausible TES threat to US is Boyang-and if you look at US commentary and Boyang erasure, it's kinda obvious that there is a dis-credibility campaign going on (if this were a political race). 

(BTW, my bet is that if Nathan were skating here and went clean, Shoma would either get calls, or that PCS will drop to under 90 which is what happened at GPF).

nice analysis! it seems almost conspiracy-theory-esque but it's fun and probably true :D