sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

That’s a region that includes the continent, not a continent. 

Yes, I understand that now but my textbooks said otherwise and I'm gonna go after those writers with the broken bottle after I'm done with my current mission.

5 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I wish he had decided to go to TCC and train with Yuzu, Jason and Jun

I wonder if we’ll ever know why he bailed 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Yes, I understand that now but my textbooks said otherwise and I'm gonna go after those writers with the broken bottle after I'm done with my current mission.

Well then I must be drunk. I told you kids school was a waste of time!

He doesn't seem to be as driven as Yuzu...I'd stake my life...Yuzu

You have to be very committed and willing to sacrifice for great things

Yeah, Shoma rightly won this, I'm thinking. Not sure what happened, but Boyang got off the music after his first spin, and it stayed through the entire step sequence. And then again through last section, before he finally caught up with the split jump.

He is looking fresher though. Could have projected more, and Chinese nationals was overall better, but here he showed some nice sections of choreography. Anyway, larger rink, plskthx.

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Well then I must be drunk. I told you kids school was a waste of time!

No no you're right, they were wrong, but you should be drunk and yeah it is!

I'm just happy Boyang podiumed....

I did not anticipate that Vincent would make it on the podium...I thought Jun or Keegan

18 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

My geography textbooks lied.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australasia

They specifically said the country was Australia and the continent including all the islands Australasia. Ha!

Australiasia includes New Zealand and some of the surrounding island nations.

1 hour ago, Nutmeg said:

I think Boyang has better choreo than Shoma this season.

I actually think so too, but Shoma has the better execution. During Boyang's skate I imagined Sui doing this choreography and it would have been a masterpiece for years to come. 

I've never seen anybody saying that Boyang should get higher PCS than Shoma. Shoma deserves more than him for sure. But on the other hand, Shoma does get gifted in tech and jump GOE... 

I'm very happy for Boyang's skate, he looks trained and fit, but at the same time I miss his beaming smile and I don't think he is in a good place mentally. Not relaxed enough. And I don't think he has to be this hard on himself, just do his best, because honestly, no matter what, the political PCS and GOE of his components he cannot overcome by himself. He relies on them making mistakes. 

Putting the ongoing judging discussions aside, this freeskate was really entertaining with many SBs and shouldn't be overshadowed by anything.

Especially the final group was a cascade of great performances unlike several other events this season. I think this is the first final group ever in men's skating with NO pops and NO falls, aye? Never believed that this is even possible in the era of quads, so kudos to everyone, guys! Great job!!

:cri:

I've never been a huge fan of Shoma's jumping technique and crossover-filled choreos, but considering his health condition, the diabolic silver streak and his position after the short, this was a remarkable effort and I was really happy for him today. For me it has perhaps been the most memorable performance since LOCO days.

Boyang!!! Thank God he climbs back to old heights. Some jumps are still a bit shaky, but he pushed through from start to finish like a champ. His total package and artistry get visibly better from season to season. Hope, he can peak in Saitama and make the podium.

Jason is an honor to watch this season. Never thought that he could gain such consistency after a devastating season within half a year. Especially the success rate of his 3A career nemesis is amazing. Not perfect, but much better than I could hope for. Kudos for the attempted 4S, too. Thumbs up :2thumbsup:

Vincent and Jun fight the battle for this season's UR king... incredible what happened with the TES today. Try to explain someone, who's not familiar with the panels and judging, why there was zero reduction in their SPs and such a massive drop in the FS two days later... Same with Bradie yesterday.

Independent from this Jun is the better performer for me. Hope, team cricket can fix his UR issues in the future. However, I don't expect any miracles at Worlds yet.

Happy for Keegan, too. He could finally get his stuff together and perform really well. I had to chuckle a bit, because the shaky landings and impossible savings 100% fit the Chaplin theme :laughing:

I AM OVER THE MOON MY SON HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED AND IS BEING SHOWERED WITH LOVE AND APPRECIATION 

2 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

I AM OVER THE MOON MY SON HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED AND IS BEING SHOWERED WITH LOVE AND APPRECIATION 

Omg Donovan!!! Is this real?! This is incredible! Bummed the audience will miss out on Julian’s mop and Kazuki’s robot but WOW! 

4 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

He got a huge reaction from the public (even though it wasn't his greatest skate). Like... Really big. I think only Americans and the last group got bigger applause. 

And... I have so many things to comment from my live experience but it's 1 am and I really need to sleep after all the driving :13877886: I will just say that watching the last group with pretty clean programs (URs aside) and so many (mostly deserved) SBs was awesome for a first experience ! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: I'm sure there is lots to be said about the scoring as always, but that is for another day...

9 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Omg Donovan!!! Is this real?! This is incredible! Bummed the audience will miss out on Julian’s mop and Kazuki’s robot but WOW! 

That is so, so, so, so infinitely sad. I was too overjoyed to think of that and now I'm heartbroken again 😭💔 

But yes, it's real!!! Azjjcjfjfsjhs

Also, since this turned into a Keiji thirst community during his fs, have at thee, my fellow Keiji lovers.