sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

This is the thing. Because everybody else is overscored, Boyang's score might be correct but it's usually not fair because fair is relative to what happens to others and that's just really anger-making.

Its sad but what can we do ? i still remember Boyang's first senior season, when his pcs rise quite well because he landed his jumps and people complain alot. But its kind of stay still when Shoma/Nathan up their BV and his score finally make sense (ofcourse he improve alot too). The same with Yuzuru. He got high score as he deserve, but when you see the amount of crazy transition he did compare with other guys, the gap is not enough. When I see his back counter 3A or SE-4S-SE only got 0.5pts more than the same jump with normal entry, sometime even telegraph, I wonder if its really worth it. 

6 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

This is the part that hurts me. I know it sounds stupidly naive, but why on earth does this have to happen? Can everyone just be judged fairly, please. Sigh. 

Never has been.. I spent some time reading the GS archives over Worlds 13 was it? where Patrick won over Takahashi, WAAAY more dubiously...

1 minute ago, Katt said:

Its sad but what can we do ? i still remember Boyang's first senior season, when his pcs rise quite well because he landed his jumps and people complain alot. But its kind of stay still when Shoma/Nathan up their BV and his score finally make sense (ofcourse he improve alot too). The same with Yuzuru. He got high score as he deserve, but when you see the amount of crazy transition he did compare with other guys, the gap is not enough. When I see his back counter 3A or SE-4S-SE only got 0.5pts more than the same jump with normal entry, sometime even telegraph, I wonder if its really worth it. 

Yep. This is honestly the root of why we all get so angry and angsty over judging. 

15 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Boyang's SP choreo is my favorite choreo this season besides Yuzu's :D Not sold on the FS yet, but it was better here than I've ever seen it.

It was much better at Chinese Nationals imo. He seemed to enjoy himself a lot and it showed in a very engaging presentation. Here it looked like he focused on the jumps a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

I’d like some tequila with all that salt please :biggrin:

Yes please take it away from me, I'm looking at protocols. :facepalm: 

Guys.

Yuzu is usually scored by the same standards that Boyang is scored by, and he still gets those scores and wins all those things and we're so lucky, he is just so incredibly amazing. 

On the other hand guys, Boyang managed to stay away from the boards a bit more this outing! 

That was what worried me the most- smaller rink, will Boyang end up in the audience seats on his 4Lz? And his 3A in the SP, he had a smaller jump than usual due to taking off with insufficient space on the short side. But he's learned to adjust his jumps. Also, StSq4- that hasn't happened this season yet, am I right?

I give the prize among continents to Australia. Is the continent Australasia? Obviously I did not ace geography. Anyway. Shout out to the skaters who brought those performances and definitely made me happy and to J9 Peter Rankin who judged at least some part of the same competition I just lost my sanity and my diet to watch.

16 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I give the prize among continents to Australia. Is the continent Australasia? Obviously I did not ace geography. Anyway. Shout out to the skaters who brought those performances and definitely made me happy and to J9 Peter Rankin who judged at least some part of the same competition I just lost my sanity and my diet to watch.

Continent and country both Australia. :P And, yes, we should do better.