sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

The tech panel got pretty busy in the FS...maybe they got burned/crucified for the SP results?

I wish that all the competitiors had been equally scrutinized.

2 minutes ago, buttercup said:

Off topic but I swear Yuzu is the only one that manages to make the euler not look like some kind of janky mistake.

Agree. I've seen plenty of "Jump over the hot potato" euler today at 4CC :D

Well you can say one thing about this competition: it certainly wasn't boring. Lots of popcorn and good skates from the men, finally!

1 minute ago, caterpillar said:

He got 5 ur calls (6 if you coult 1eu), out of 7 possible jumping passes. So bv and goe took a hit, to say the least

You. *hic*  Gimme link, yeah? You obviously have protocols.

Okay satellites, as fine as this discussion is, it's almost 3am where I am, so :bed: I'm off to bed. 

Good night!

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Whole post

Agreed. I would add that Yuzu/Shoma/Nathan are also more consistent than Boyang. When Boyang bomb, he bomb really hard and that's the reason why his goe/pcs wouldn't rise fast. I think Boyang's score is fair most of the time, its just others were overscored alot. The lack of transision really hurt him, and it doesn't hide his weakness as well as Shoma's, Nathan's. His spins need some work, and it need to be fit with music for better goe. 

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

Okay satellites, as fine as this discussion is, it's almost 3am where I am, so :bed: I'm off to bed. 

Good night!

May you have dreams not of rage and fury!

5 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I don't know about homecooked scores but the media definitely will be hyped for Rika. Satoko has lost her JPN national title to Kaori and Rika has won over Satoko during gps so unfortunately Satton may not have her usual treatment if she's received one in the past...

As for Shoma, if they can see Yuzu is not 100%, Shoma may get boost but if Yuzu's in his top shape when he hits the ice, there's no way Yuzu'd lose with or without so called homecooked scores.  

Miyahara definitely received favoured treatment in the past; there's no 'if' about it.

Oh, I don't mean them letting Uno win over Yuzu. No, not THAT crazy*. It's Uno vs. everyone else. If Yuzu is there and 80% healthy (which is 100% for everyone else), the only ones who will be trying to push him off the top of the podium will be US feds and media. What I mean is, if people are outraged that TP ignored his URs today, be prepared for it even more in WC. Yuzu might still escape it, but your other favourites might not.

*I said that, but, ugh. Who knows. With how EC and 4CC happened this year, I might need to readjust my standard for fudging and crazy. 

Just now, Katt said:

Agreed. I would add that Yuzu/Shoma/Nathan are also more consistent than Boyang. When Boyang bomb, he bomb really hard and that's the reason why his goe/pcs wouldn't rise fast. I think Boyang's score is fair most of the time, its just others were overscored alot. The lack of transision really hurt him, and it doesn't hide his weakness as well as Shoma's, Nathan's. His spins need some work, and it need to be fit with music for better goe. 

This is the thing. Because everybody else is overscored, Boyang's score might be correct but it's usually not fair because fair is relative to what happens to others and that's just really anger-making.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

May you have dreams not of rage and fury!

Nah, I'll only dream of salt. Thanks though!

Yay carrot cake and lots of rage, my favourite!

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

Nah, I'll only dream of salt. Thanks though!

Keeps those demons away, salt. :D 

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

This is the part that hurts me. I know it sounds stupidly naive, but why on earth does this have to happen? Can everyone just be judged fairly, please. Sigh.