sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

4 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

4CC - the title that like...all the Japanese men have gotten except Yuzuru. Lol

Silver curse lol. He only did 4CC three times. Even Shoma who has a shorter career did 4cc five times. His body need to let him go to 4CC more.

6 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

4CC - the title that like...all the Japanese men have gotten except Yuzuru. Lol

I forgot about that. Shoma has something Yuzu doesn't finally. 

This music is the wrong choice.

3 minutes ago, tkinashi said:

hey yuzu, you might wanna give 4cc a shot next year

I suspect Nathan may join if Yuzu goes... :D

I believe 4CC gold needs to be kept safe from Smaug to keep the universal balance... 

14 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

Question is.... Would Boyang have won if Shoma's many URs were called?

Probably. 

5 minutes ago, shanshani said:

sooooo...Keegan wuzrobbed? :xD: Poor Keegan. I don't like his programs but I feel like he's often overlooked

I feel he gets overlooked too.  He was marvellous tonight.  Unlike yourself I love his programmes.  It's a shame.

I'm a huge Shoma fan, and I have no problems admitting his jumps ae iffy and should be called out as such. If that changes positions on thenpodium for him, so be it. I'd much rather have fair judging and skaters whose skating I don't like on the podium than what we have now.

Well I made it past 2am! Thank you all for keeping me company! What an event. I’m off to bed - have a good night/day, everybody!

I am not a fan of Zhou's LP.  It is a Chinese theme...but fails horribly compared to Yuzu's Seimei.

Vincent has very little interpretative skill IMO, Boyang was miles better IMO

18 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I agree.  I'm pretty sure Shoma is even more criticized for his jumps than Vincent.  His fans don't even try to defend his jumps

Actually at least on golden skate Vincent was heavily criticized for his jumps and apparently lack of musicality which I disagree with. Shoma on the other hand hardly anyone mentioned his jumps.

10 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

So Uno's URs are excused because he's humble and he's injured? Well, if only that same generous criteria applied to Yuzu, Boyang and many others as well...

I agree that US media sucks but how is JPN media any better? I haven't forgotten the articles where they lied about jump height to push the narrative that Shoma's jumps are comparable to Yuzuru's.

By some people, yes they are.  Just as Vincent's are by some people (just less of them). Note I did say it's unfair.  But - as far as the fan response to them both is concerned - it's anything but restricted to figure skating (some of the fights over umpiring in Aussie Rules in our family make the FS ones look bloodless).

I'm with the person who said Shoma should NOT have gotten silver at PC.  I would have loved Boyang to win here and think his underscoring is worse than Yuzu's.

I was wondering why I was the only one in a good mood. Forgot I'd taken a pill for my headache. :D

So in summary

Things I got: 

- a great last group

- Vincent’s urs getting called

- Shoma and Boyang on the podium 

- Shoma not dying

Things I didn’t get:

- Consistent, understandable tech calls

- a result that completely compensated for the mess of the sp

- 4CC champion Boyang

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

This.

IT's like every time we criticise skater A's technique and are disgruntled about their scores, somebody turns up with 'how come you don't say that about skaters B and C' but then we say it about skater B later and then there's a chorus of 'how come you don't say that about skaters A and C' and round and round it goes. WTF?! I'm pretty sureearlier this season you pointed out Yuzu's wobbly combo GOE and I laughed about the crack the judges were on! Why is there this ridiculousness of 'you don't say it about the others'? We say it about everybody when they don't rotate/land badly/pre-rotate!

!!!!

MOAR TEQUILA AAARRRGGH

Yep.

And it is mostly the case of things somebody said/did or didn't say/do on twitter or other forums and then people complain about it here.

I rarely go to those, so every time things like this happen, I am like "Huh? Where??? Whut??". I tried to backtrack the convo in the thread to see if it really happens here, and it's getting tiring.

_____

Boyang, you are the gold medallist, as far as I am concerned. Come back stronger for WC, my boy! Please regain your magnificent Lz! And keep healthy!!!

____

Spoiler

Also, so that I have it on record here. You should all be prepared for the homecooked scores in WC for Uno and Miyahara (this will be the test whether they still have her back, or drop her now that they have Kihira who also comes from the same coach). There I said it. Hidden because OT, somehow.