sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I love Shoma podiums. I hope this one is extra high. :peekapooh:

You meannie...  he's now as tall as Boyang though!!!!

Just now, Louitunes said:

You meannie...  he's now as tall as Boyang though!!!!

It's not my fault he's next level tiny and adorable and belongs on my mantelpiece! 

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm, it would be close. The number of URs is not that high and the PCs difference was much higher (8 pts), plus Boyang did SO his 4Lz. 

A part of me (maybe irrational part) think that 8 points is too much. It's like Uno is the only one who improved since the first senior season and Boyang still the same.

I know that Shoma is stronger artistically...

hace 4 minutos , TallyT said:

whereas Shoma is not only (this competition) fighting injury, but is also humble.

The US media bear quite a bit of the rest of the blame, by getting up the back of a large part of the world.

So Uno's URs are excused because he's humble and he's injured? Well, if only that same generous criteria applied to Yuzu, Boyang and many others as well...

I agree that US media sucks but how is JPN media any better? I haven't forgotten the articles where they lied about jump height to push the narrative that Shoma's jumps are comparable to Yuzuru's.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's not my fault he's next level tiny and adorable and belongs on my mantelpiece! 

He'd never climb up there!!!   :rofl3:

1 minute ago, Yume said:

A part of me (maybe irrational part) think that 8 points is too much. It's like Uno is the only one who improved since the first senior season and Boyang still the same.

I know that Shoma is stronger artistically...

Only perfect performances can raise your PCS when they have already breached the 80's imo... Boyang still has to deliver this year. I hope he will give it his all at Worlds.

sooooo...Keegan wuzrobbed? :xD: Poor Keegan. I don't like his programs but I feel like he's often overlooked

I think the placement is okay. Japan media’s bragging articles and rivalry narratives are probably gonna be annoying though. I’ll never forget their behavior before the olympics - spreading rumors and report false results, for example saying Shoma won 17 worlds lol. 

I’m also salty a three quad fs with uncalled URs scores higher than Yuzu’s Helsinki one. but whatever. It’s to be expected. Not supposed to compare scores across comps they say. There’s no consistenty in judging even during the same competition.

Well rather a change about from the SP.  Thank goodness.  Really enjoyed the last group of men.    Off back to bed.  :big-bed-smiley:. Thank you all for your company. X

4 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

So Uno's URs are excused because he's humble and he's injured? Well, if only that same generous criteria applied to Yuzu, Boyang and many others as well...

I agree that US media sucks but how is JPN media any better? I haven't forgotten the articles where they lied about jump height to push the narrative that Shoma's jumps are comparable to Yuzuru's.

Okay, could you please point me towards anybody with two brain cells and who is not blatantly biased who has ever truly praised or excused Shoma's jump technique on anything except the 3A? 

Most of us do not read or speak Japanese. Most of us read and speak English. English media, US media, is everywhere, there is no avoiding it if you wish to watch figure skating.