sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

Shona, Keegan and Jason were very intense. Vincent and jun didn't feel quite as intense. Boyang brought back the intense. Just my impression ( but my husband, who had been lolling off, was very intently watching Shona, Keegan and Jason, boyang

Yuzu, time to compete at 4cc next year,

Shoma, already got his title, time to get yours

Hahahaha translator kinda fucked it up by saying 'I can bring that to the next level' talking about injury 😂 no pls Shoma no next level injury, we already had that covered last year thanks to Yuzu

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Bring... his injury to the next level? 

Yeah, weird phrasing there. 

Anyway I'm super happy for Shoma. Finally gold! After all this time.

6 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

For the record, there have been occasions where some of us here got into 'fights' over how Uno's jumps are problematic and how mindblowing it is that judges/TP seem to love his intenseTM performance that those problems rarely get called. I am one of those who agreed that Uno shouldn't have gotten silver over Fernandez in PC. Earlier this season, it took me forever (as in I was salty and keep mentioning it even after the event) to let go when Uno got almost 100 pts in SP despite missing a combo. I've been moaning over how JP feds seem to put all their political power over him and that's how he got the scores he always got. There are many of us who are just as critical of Uno as we are of Zhou. Problematic technique is problematic, no matter who the skater is.

I am just tired of repeating myself again and again. And is on the verge of being indifferent towards FS as a sport and towards some skaters, unfortunately including Uno. The fact that I occasionally still voice my criticism of Zhou is actually a sign I still somewhat care that he is competing at all. 

This.

IT's like every time we criticise skater A's technique and are disgruntled about their scores, somebody turns up with 'how come you don't say that about skaters B and C' but then we say it about skater B later and then there's a chorus of 'how come you don't say that about skaters A and C' and round and round it goes. WTF?! I'm pretty sureearlier this season you pointed out Yuzu's wobbly combo GOE and I laughed about the crack the judges were on! Why is there this ridiculousness of 'you don't say it about the others'? We say it about everybody when they don't rotate/land badly/pre-rotate!

!!!!

MOAR TEQUILA AAARRRGGH

Just now, SparkleSalad said:

Omg it looks high! Thank you, ISU for calling gold last this season! 

So much fun!

Shoma won? Good for him. I think he really needed this ,  a major  international gold. Happy for him

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

Hahahaha translator kinda fucked it up by saying 'I can bring that to the next level' talking about injury 😂 no pls Shoma no next level injury, we already had that covered last year thanks to Yuzu

I found the translators at this competition is just not good enough. I can understand they are volunteers but still...

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Congrats to Vincent too but somehow I feel he's going to be disappointed with that finish! 

I know why, you could hear the coach yelling 'Season best, Vincent! Season best!' as if he had expected to go in first and was disappointed with the low score. I can undetstand that, but I hope he will accept the calls he got on the protocol, it's really the only way to go up from there.