sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

Oh boy. So happy for Shoma and Boyang. Vincent has obviously worked hard to improve since the Olympics. 

And Keegan is the bridesmaid yet again. But overall, not a bad showing for the Canadian boys. 

Congrats to Shoma on the first senior major title of his career! Also congrats to Boyang, he's back!!!

Just now, Yume said:

How in heaven Boyang' s TES can be lower than Shoma's?!

His landings were pretty wobbly even on triples. Lower Goe is all. 

Congrats Shomy!! I hope this interpreter is a better one than the one for Rika...

1 minute ago, Yume said:

How in heaven Boyang' s TES can be lower than Shoma's?!

For some reason Shoma got away today when no one else did.

edit: and yeah, Boyangs jump landings today were pretty so-so. hoping to see softer knees, more flow out at worlds

1 minute ago, ICeleste said:

I'm not a fan of Vincent but it's really unfair that he got such a huge TES drop while Uno's URs were blatantly ignored. And it's unfair that he's so heavily criticized while Shoma gets away with it. I guess FS fans don't mind overscoring as long as the skater who benefits from it is japanese.

For the record, there have been occasions where some of us here got into 'fights' over how Uno's jumps are problematic and how mindblowing it is that judges/TP seem to love his intenseTM performance that those problems rarely get called. I am one of those who agreed that Uno shouldn't have gotten silver over Fernandez in PC. Earlier this season, it took me forever (as in I was salty and keep mentioning it even after the event) to let go when Uno got almost 100 pts in SP despite missing a combo. I've been moaning over how JP feds seem to put all their political power over him and that's how he got the scores he always got. There are many of us who are just as critical of Uno as we are of Zhou. Problematic technique is problematic, no matter who the skater is.

I am just tired of repeating myself again and again. And is on the verge of being indifferent towards FS as a sport and towards some skaters, unfortunately including Uno. The fact that I occasionally still voice my criticism of Zhou is actually a sign I still somewhat care that he is competing at all. 

Just now, Cassidy said:

Question is.... Would Boyang have won if Shoma's many URs were called?

Hmm, it would be close. The number of URs is not that high and the PCs difference was much higher (8 pts), plus Boyang did SO his 4Lz. 

1 minute ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

I hope the podium is high enough, I need to see Shoma climb it

Have you seen the ladies' VC? Rika was having hard time climbing it. Rika's 154cm and Shoma is 158cm...

Wow first international title for Shoma, eh? Comeback king and queen both from Japan confirmed.

Yay Boyang wakes up this season and takes the silver :10815002:

Too Bad Junliet bronze medal streak does not continue :13877886:

Congrats to Vincent too but somehow I feel he's going to be disappointed with that finish!