sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Men SP & FS

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I hear nothing but criticism of Shoma's URs. He just has a lot of fans who love him despite them. 

I agree.  I'm pretty sure Shoma is even more criticized for his jumps than Vincent.  His fans don't even try to defend his jumps.

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Junhwan CHA   KOR
TES: 73.56
PCS: 84.95
Deduction: 0
Segment Score: 158.50
Total: 258.83

THE TEC PANEL LITERALLY WOKE UP WHEN VINCENT SKATED I GUESS!

I have a feeling that there was an extremely lively meeting after the SP yesterday. Perhaps Shin got the ref on his side.

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

You're being so careful today. :rofl:

I need more of that tequila but I  have to ungrit my teeth and stop biting my tongue to have any, what a pity.

GOOD JOB BOYANG YOU WERE GREAT!! YOUR TAKEOFFS GIVE ME LIFE!!!!

SHOTTTTSSSS!!!!

THAT was the best I've seen from Boyang in a while...

Now, will the judges like it, is the question.

Oh my god!!! So proud of Boyang! Finally did a good skate! He deserves it!

in Yuzu’s words: your jumps are amazing.

2 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

I'm not a fan of Vincent but it's really unfair that he got such a huge TES drop while Uno's URs were blatantly ignored. And it's unfair that he's so heavily criticized while Shoma gets away with it. I guess FS fans don't mind overscoring as long as the skater who benefits from it is japanese.

I can understand how you feel but I think Vincent and even more his coach have to bear some of the blame for the hostility by their attitude to criticism, whereas Shoma is not only (this competition) fighting injury, but is also humble and does the Yuzu thing of "all my fault must work harder"... even if he doesn't end up fixing it, it does disarm people a bit.  

The US media bear quite a bit of the rest of the blame, by getting up the back of a large part of the world.

And to be fair, it also comes down to something that isn't fair but is human nature. Shoma is simply more loved, and we tend to soften up on those we love (after all, had Shoma been against Yuzu, who is more loved yet again, the criticism would be far harsher)

Boyang!!!! :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw::8232307:

How I have missed you. 

Well, all is said and done. 

I'm honestly just relieved, but still salty about vincent. Today he might have done better and got fair (ish) scores, but the SP... that's still a crime. 

He shouldn't have medaled. 

Uno just got yet another undeserved medal... I've lost count of how many of them he's got. It's very sad that figure skating has become such a circus show with 0 objectivity. 

Justice for Boyang and his fully rotated wonderful jumps. Ughhhhhhh.

4 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Boards Boyang!

If the boards were bigger, Boyang would get a beautiful running edge out of his jumps :hihi:

Or maybe he'd still jump 0.1 cm away from them