Instructions for Streaming

• Ok.ru (Free Skate)
    • Good quality
    • Free
  • NBCSN
  • Live QQ
    • Hosted and commentated by Hua Hua 
    • Good quality
    • the user comments flying across the screen can be turned off with a toggle on the bottom right of the video
  • Fuji TV
  • CBC
    • available only in Canada
    • requires VPN outside of Canada
  • Other links might be added later

Time and practice schedule

Results page

The rosters for the event are now out, and the following skaters will be participating:

Men
  1. Andrew DODDS (AUS)
  2. Brendan KERRY (AUS)
  3. Mark WEBSTER (AUS)
  4. Keegan MESSING (CAN)
  5. Nicolas NADEAU (CAN)
  6. Nam NGUYEN (CAN)
  7. Boyang JIN (CHN)
  8. He ZHANG (CHN)
  9. Micah TANG (TPE)
  10. Leslie Man Cheuk IP (HKG)
  11. Harrison Jon-Yen WONG (HKG)
  12. Keiji TANAKA (JPN)
  13. Kazuki TOMONO (JPN)
  14. Shoma UNO (JPN)
  15. Nikita MANKO (KAZ)
  16. Kai Xiang CHEW (MAS)
  17. Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS)
  18. Donovan CARRILLO (MEX)
  19. Junhwan CHA (KOR)
  20. June Hyoung LEE (KOR)
  21. Sihyeong LEE (KOR)
  22. Micah Kai LYNETTE (THA)
  23. Jason BROWN (USA)
  24. Tomoki HIWATASHI (USA)
  25. Vincent ZHOU (USA)

Withdrew: Chih-I TSAO (TPE)

Result

Name Total SP FS
1. Shoma UNO (JPN) 289.12 4 1
2. Boyang JIN (CHN) 273.51 3 2
3. Vincent ZHOU (USA) 272.22 1 5
4. Keegan MESSING (CAN) 267.61 5 3
5. Jason BROWN (USA) 258.89 6 4
6. Junhwan CHA (KOR) 255.83 2 8
7. Keiji TANAKA (JPN) 251.54 7 6
8. Tomoki HIWATASHI (USA) 236.79 9 7
9. Brendan KERRY (AUS) 224.44 10 9
10. Nam NGUYEN (CAN) 216.49 8 10
11. Nicolas NADEAU (CAN) 209.65 11 11
12. Kazuki TOMONO (JPN) 206.41 12 12
13. Andrew DODDS (AUS) 191.40 13 15
14. June Hyoung LEE (KOR) 188.10 16 14
15. Sihyeong LEE (KOR) 183.98 21 13
16. He ZHANG (CHN) 179.89 15 18
17. Donovan CARRILLO (MEX) 174.70 14 20
18. Micah TANG (TPE) 174.59 17 19
19. Micah Kay LYNETTE (THA) 174.44 19 16
20. Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS) 174.10 18 17
21. Harrison Jon-Yen WONG (HKG) 148.54 20 22
22. Leslie Man Cheuk IP (HKG) 146.60 23 21
23. Nikita MANKO (KAZ) 138.40 22 23
24. Mark WEBSTER (AUS) 126.41 24 24

Final Not Reached:

Kai Xiang CHEW (MAS)

46.38 25  

Videos:

SP Group 1

SP Group 2

SP Group 3

SP Group 4

SP Group 5

FS Group 1

FS Group 2

FS Group 3

FS Group 4

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Looks like it will be hard competition to Shoma.

4 hours ago, Paskud said:

Looks like it will be hard competition to Shoma.

Yes, maybe he's still not fully recovered...If he really takes out the 4F from the SP then it's probably the case.

In another news, Shin Amano will be in the men's tech panel :popcorn:

Those practice notes + changed SP layout worry me. On its own a bad practice is nothing weird, especially if it's the first one, and bad practices have rarely translated into a bad comp for Shoma, but he wouldn't drop one quad entirely without some kind of serious issue.

I just hope Shoma hasn't rushed back to training so he could compete here instead of skipping 4CC and have more time to fully recover... well of course Japan would have likely lost a spot for next season 4CC but...Worlds in Japan are more important. Especially with both Japan's top men recovering from injury...

in the meanwhile....where is Boyang????? JW still hasn't posted anything about him yet. Has he at least arrived?:tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:

ETA: ok he's there:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes, maybe he's still not fully recovered...If he really takes out the 4F from the SP then it's probably the case.

In another news, Shin Amano will be in the men's tech panel :popcorn:

this is gonna be interesting...:hihi:

19 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

in the meanwhile....where is Boyang????? JW still hasn't posted anything about him yet. Has he at least arrived?:tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:

ETA: ok he's there:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:this is gonna be interesting...:hihi:

Yes, I just wanted to post about Boyang, he's there :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

re Shoma: he was thinking about withdrawing from both Challenge Cup and 4CC so yes this + going safe in the SP could mean that he's not fully recovered yet.

He usually goes to many competitions and three months without competing may have been too long for him, so maybe that's why his team wanted to send him to one of the competitions...

I'm on my annual post-holidays and post-birthday Diet and have been craving carrot cake. And just look at that, Shin Amano is here to deliver me some carrot cake! :D 

On 2/2/2019 at 11:05 AM, sallycinnamon said:

Time and practice schedule

The rosters for the event are now out, and the following skaters will be participating:

Men
  1. Andrew DODDS (AUS)
  2. Brendan KERRY (AUS)
  3. Mark WEBSTER (AUS)
  4. Keegan MESSING (CAN)
  5. Nicolas NADEAU (CAN)
  6. Nam NGUYEN (CAN)
  7. Boyang JIN (CHN)
  8. He ZHANG (CHN)
  9. Micah TANG (TPE)
  10. Chih-I TSAO (TPE)
  11. Leslie Man Cheuk IP (HKG)
  12. Harrison Jon-Yen WONG (HKG)
  13. Keiji TANAKA (JPN)
  14. Kazuki TOMONO (JPN)
  15. Shoma UNO (JPN)
  16. Nikita MANKO (KAZ)
  17. Kai Xiang CHEW (MAS)
  18. Julian Zhi Jie YEE (MAS)
  19. Donovan CARRILLO (MEX)
  20. Junhwan CHA (KOR)
  21. June Hyoung LEE (KOR)
  22. Sihyeong LEE (KOR)
  23. Micah Kai LYNETTE (THA)
  24. Jason BROWN (USA)
  25. Tomoki HIWATASHI (USA)
  26. Vincent ZHOU (USA)

Super exciting line up in the men's, I'm looking forward to a lot of these!

1 minute ago, Paskud said:

But Shin is only an assistant. I don't know... :/

Last time I remember him being an assistant, somebody who was there and could see the tech panel said that it looked like he was the one keeping all the notes and the others referred to his notes while making decisions. :D There were lots of carrots, I think. Except for Satton.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Last time I remember him being an assistant, somebody who was there and could see the tech panel said that it looked like he was the one keeping all the notes and the others referred to his notes while making decisions. :D There were lots of carrots, I think. Except for Satton.

No carrots for Satton while lots of carrots for others doesn't speak well to his impartiality :/ well looks like Vincent Zhou isn't going to have a good competition

Rooting for Boyang, Kazuki, Jason, and Junhwan! And also for Shoma not to worsen his injury. I want Boyang to defend his 4CC gold though, so he can feel more confident after his crappy international season so far, and so people can stop forgetting about him. 

It should be an interesting and unpredictable competition. With Shoma injured and Boyang looking stronger after Chinese nats, gold should be competitive. On the flip side of things, Shoma will probably wind up on podium no matter what happens, but Boyang could fall off of it. Bronze looks wide open?

2 minutes ago, shanshani said:

No carrots for Satton while lots of carrots for others doesn't speak well to his impartiality :/ well looks like Vincent Zhou isn't going to have a good competition

Rooting for Boyang, Kazuki, Jason, and Junhwan! And also for Shoma not to worsen his injury. I want Boyang to defend his 4CC gold though, so he can feel more confident after his crappy international season so far, and so people can stop forgetting about him. 

It should be an interesting and unpredictable competition. With Shoma injured and Boyang looking stronger after Chinese nats, gold should be competitive. On the flip side of things, Shoma will probably wind up on podium no matter what happens, but Boyang could fall off of it. Bronze looks wide open?

I probably misspoke, I think Satton did get called but prevalent opinion was that there were more jumps that could've been called. I'm not sure if it's because we tend to scrutinise her jumps a bit more closely because she does UR a lot, and only noticed hers when everybody got away with a few jumps here and there that we didn't focus on quite that much, or if he really does tend to give Satton an easier go of it. 

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

It was Worlds last season and he was in the ladies tech panel as assistant. I was there too and could see that he took all the notes and the tech controller and specalist referred to Shin's notes. Btw, Satton got UR calls in both the SP and FS (but maybe only one, or two). So we'll see how many jumps will be called in the men's event but given that the rules have changed I think we might see more calls.