sallycinnamon

[2018/19] 4CC (04.02-10.02) - Ladies SP & FS

noooooo after the boot issues (and she was wearing mismatched boots in practice x) bb Rika why the finger? I remember last season she said it affected her jumping, I hope it doesn't hurt too much with all that centrifugal force please bb:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

On the other hand...these days one has to be grateful it was a finger and not an ankle:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

still, awful timing

this is a couple days old but I haven't seen it in this thread, so: Mai & Kaori :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg::tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

well I like other ladies too but I really want an all-jpn podium for ladies, in whatever order (no more 4th place kuyashii for my bb Mai plz):snonegai:

rooting for Yi Chrisy too, if she can put together two clean skates in a 'big' international event, maybe judges can start taking note of her...

and go Kailani:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I'm scared for Rika...she said 結構やばい (it's rather no good...) and new boot on one side...:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Kaori's words are really gutsy! I hope she can skate her best!! And Mai!! I hope Kobe sisters do really well.

But the ladies event schedule is at ungodly hour for me so won't be able to follow it live. I will have to get all the news from the thread.

and other than the finger hurting, it's that fingers still have a role (even if much smaller compared to other body parts) when jumping. For example, when jumping fingers curl tight against the body and then unfurl at the landing.

To normal human beings (whose daily stuff only includes things like getting dressed, cooking or whatever) having a finger that can't be moved is only a nuisance (but you still realize that you actually needed that finger to move to perform your daily tasks with the usual ease). But when we talk about things depending on perfect timing and concerted movement of all body parts, like jumps, I can really see how even a 'minor' thing can threw a skater off. Maybe not being able to curl and extend fingers freely while jumping can lead to higher chances of botching a jump because it doesn't feel 'natural' so the skater doesn't go into the jump with confidence, or overthinks.

and this without taking into account the pain

:sigh:

:snonegai:

I'm gonna pray so hard for Rika ;; All the skaters I'm invested in usually don't make it easy for my poor heart...

Regarding the mismatched boots, I can't find the tweet lol but it seems it's because one was too soft because of her 3a so she's wearing one boot from one pair and the other from another pair so it's a good thing I guess aaaaa baby please be well 

I shall catch the ladies SP and if I wake in time the end of the men’s, before heading off to wi fi wilderness to check on the ancient relatives. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻For an all Japan podium - I like some of the other girls but not as much as Rika Kaori and Mai - especially hope  Mai gets a look in.

Ahh I finally have time to watch an event... well, not really, but there's nothing else I am going to be doing at 11 pm - 1 am. yay. Might even wake up at 6 am on saturday for the FS...

I'm looking at the schedule and, well... Who needs sleep, right? Sleep is overrated! I can catch a nap before it all starts and then have a LOT of diet soda!

:animated-smileys-halloween-012: At least it isn't broken.

Fell on lutz. Injured her finger by putting it in hole in ice. Looks like it isn't as bad as last time, but she still will compete.

RIKA, BABY, DON'T GO THIS WAY

Hole in the ice, how dare you?:voodoodoll_2:

it hurt Yuzu's pinkie too

Well crossing fingers for Rika to pull off those jumps:fingerscrossed:

Ladies short starts in an hour :runaway:

Too bad I have to do some thing in the LAST 10 minutes of it... :think: