dotsquare

Four Continents 2019 Anaheim

I am wondering if the promoters expect a big demand for tickets from people in Asia and so it's becomes a seller's market.   I've gone elbow to elbow with some fierce ladies in Asia so I know they will pay for what they want (be it tickets or that last piece of seasonal sponge cake).  I signed up for the emails so if I get any pricing information I will try to put it here in a timely fashion (but someone will probably beat me to it anyways.  You guys are great.)

14 hours ago, moonkat said:

Still $499 for the best seats

I actually think it’s $599 for the best seats. According to the website seats in any section that are in rows A-C will be $599 each. 

These tickets are steeper than I expected. It will be over (or close to) a grand for two tickets alone which of course doesn’t include lodging etc. I think the cost of the GPF tickets were a little more reasonable than this, and even it they weren’t it’s the GPF which is sort of a preview for Worlds. Therefore, I’d expect the tickets to cost significantly more. 

I wonder when the  individual  event tickets will go on sale?  We may end up going with those instead or passing on this event all together. 

8 minutes ago, LutzDeluxe said:

I actually think it’s $599 for the best seats. According to the website seats in any section that are in rows A-C will be $599 each. 

These tickets are steeper than I expected. It will be over (or close to) a grand for two tickets alone which of course doesn’t include lodging etc. I think the cost of the GPF tickets were a little more reasonable than this, and even it they weren’t it’s the GPF which is sort of a preview for Worlds. Therefore, I’d expect the tickets to cost significantly more. 

I wonder when the  individual  event tickets will go on sale?  We may end up going with those instead or passing on this event all together. 

I think you're right. I was getting confused because the Lux Suites were labeled A & B, but they are actually talking about the first 3 rows, which are rows A-C, and those are $599/ea.

Considering that you don't even get the European skaters competing in 4CC and Yuzu has a questionable record of attending this event, I'm kind of hesitant in shelling out this kind of money for tickets even though this event is local for me.

I think my best hope right now is for individual tickets because I will also have to pay for lodging and transportation.  But I think Anaheim is as close as I’m going to get to a competition (unless Fresno hosts one. Ha!). 

I'm considering getting the opposite to the judges side, it seems a bit more reasonable than 499 >_<

But still, i hink it will be hard for me to get a ticket, i don't think i'll have the money for the first day of the sale and the tickets will disappear really fast...

On 5/26/2018 at 11:28 PM, IceWings said:

I'm comparing the seating chart and description on the 4CC site with what is on the Honda Center site. It looks like those Platinum tickets are Luxury Suites, which are small rooms with a bunch of perks like food and waiter service and reserved parking, etc. See here for a description:  http://www.hondacenter.com/premium-seating/premium-seating-experience/

It's fancy, but you're actually higher up and not close to the action, so I'd rather have front row seats instead of being in one of those suites. The P2 Lowerbowl Sides seats look best to me, but yeah, they are pretty pricey too. :judgmental:

Hmm are you sure the platinum seats only refer to the suites? The description on the 4CC site says row A-C for all available sections so I thought it was for the first 1-3 rows?

So maybe the individual tickets will run around US$100, more or less,  if you’re willing to sit with the gods. And bring binoculars. 

I have this mental picture of the rink in Anaheim being surrounded by a ring of Japanese aunties who can afford those platinum prices. Lol

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Hmm are you sure the platinum seats only refer to the suites? The description on the 4CC site says row A-C for all available sections so I thought it was for the first 1-3 rows?

You are correct. The platinum seats refer to the 1st 3 rows A-C (not the suites).  I was just confused. I hid my previous comment so I won't spread my confusion to everyone else. :headdesk2:

3 hours ago, IceWings said:

You are correct. The platinum seats refer to the 1st 3 rows A-C (not the suites).  I was just confused. I hid my previous comment so I won't spread my confusion to everyone else. :headdesk2:

Haha, you would think for these prices they'd give us extra nice plush seats like you find in those suites!

I sat in a "premium" seat that had better cushioning in Boston for Worlds for the men's FS, it had access to the food vendors in the suite section which tend to have shorter lines but I didn't buy food there. A plus of it was lines for restrooms were shorter, but the seat was behind the judges and actually a little difficult to see if the skaters get close to the boards right in front of the judges.

I've never attended a figure skating event before but if there's even a tiny chance that Yuzu will be there then I want to try and make it.  I'm just not sure if I'll be able to travel in Feb to attend. (I live in North Carolina, so pretty far from California)

Do you think if I buy a ticket (or two) and something comes up where I can't attend, I could sell the ticket(s) pretty easily? Is there a site that figure skating fans use to buy/sell them? Just want to make sure I'm not out $400 - $1200 if I can't go. 

9 hours ago, LittleLottie1881 said:

I've never attended a figure skating event before but if there's even a tiny chance that Yuzu will be there then I want to try and make it.  I'm just not sure if I'll be able to travel in Feb to attend. (I live in North Carolina, so pretty far from California)

Do you think if I buy a ticket (or two) and something comes up where I can't attend, I could sell the ticket(s) pretty easily? Is there a site that figure skating fans use to buy/sell them? Just want to make sure I'm not out $400 - $1200 if I can't go. 

When I bought tickets for the Grand Prix Final from Ticketmaster, they sent me an email saying that I can easily transfer my tickets to someone else if I can't go to the event. It looks like I can sell my tickets on the Ticketmaster site too. The email didn't give any details, but there might be more information about this on the Ticketmaster web site, or you can contact them to see if they can give you more details.

If you're in North Carolina, have you considered going to the Autumn Classic International (ACI)? It's closer to you than California and Yuzu tends to compete there since it's in his neighborhood.

6 hours ago, IceWings said:

When I bought tickets for the Grand Prix Final from Ticketmaster, they sent me an email saying that I can easily transfer my tickets to someone else if I can't go to the event. It looks like I can sell my tickets on the Ticketmaster site too. The email didn't give any details, but there might be more information about this on the Ticketmaster web site, or you can contact them to see if they can give you more details.

If you're in North Carolina, have you considered going to the Autumn Classic International (ACI)? It's closer to you than California and Yuzu tends to compete there since it's in his neighborhood.

Thank you for the info, I forgot that ticketmaster had that option.

And thanks for the suggestion about ACI, I'm a new fan so I don't know about all the different competitions and which ones Yuzu is most likely to attend. It also seems that the ticket will be cheaper.  I would still really enjoy going if he wasn't there but I'm doing a lot of traveling this year so have to be selective of which trips I choose. :)  

I'll be flying back from Portugal on Sept 19th, but maybe I could just re-route and fly into Ontario instead... When do tickets typically go on sale? And are there any other upcoming competitions I should check out if I can't make it to ACI?  Thanks for being so helpful!!!

Anyone checking out the pre-sale get any ticket options that were on the judges side?