[TW] Sexual Abuse & Misconduct in Figure Skating

I had been reading lately about him re:the SafeSport investigation, sad that this happened. Condolences to his family and everyone who loved him, everyone who cherished his skating and his life.

I hope investigation will go on regardless though, all parts deserve it.

GUYS I KNOW THIS IS OT, PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO DELETE IT.

TSL's twitter and YT have been deleted. Some said it's because of the Coughlin issue. He apparently received death threats. 

I know we don't like them, but this is just not right. D*ve was very vocal about the issue when many outlets wanted to sweep it all under the rug. 

Edit: He indeed received death threats accdg to the the other guy named J*nathan.

3 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

TSL's twitter and YT have been deleted. Some said it's because of the Coughlin issue. He apparently received death threats. 

I know we don't like them, but this is just not right. D*ve was very vocal about the issue when many outlets wanted to sweep it all under the rug. 

That's unfortunate. No one should be getting death threats. Gotta give credit where credit's due. I think I was right for Dave to report there's a safesport investigation and I saw the most recent video on this, it was fine. 

13 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Edit: He indeed received death threats accdg to the the other guy named J*nathan.

Spoiler

Being that petty person my initial reaction was "heck yeah they bloody deserved that!", but then I felt I should concur with the view that even that sort of banning is not quite right, especially if the sole reason was the SafeSport expose video which I am skeptical about, tbh — there are many other YT channels routinely posting video with controversial topics (think of news YT channels, political discussion channels, etc.), they have been doing that for a long time and yet they are still around (most of them anyway). I lean more on the possibility that their channel got banned due to multiple reports piling over a certain period of time instead of just this one-off controversial video.

tl;dr: might not be the right thing to happen to them given the circumstances but I am definitely not feeling sorry for those two poor sods.

17 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Being that petty person my initial reaction was "heck yeah they bloody deserved that!", but then I felt I should concur with the view that even that sort of banning is not quite right, especially if the sole reason was the SafeSport expose video which I am skeptical about, tbh — there are many other YT channels routinely posting video with controversial topics (think of news YT channels, political discussion channels, etc.), they have been doing that for a long time and yet they are still around (most of them anyway). I lean more on the possibility that their channel got banned due to multiple reports piling over a certain period of time instead of just this one-off controversial video.

tl;dr: might not be the right thing to happen to them given the circumstances but I am definitely not feeling sorry for those two poor sods.

I don't think they were banned. Looks like tsl themselves took all the recent videos down. 

1 minute ago, jinxxoo said:

I don't think they were banned. Looks like tsl themselves took all the recent videos down. 

...really? ...the recent videos? (Is the SafeSport topic is contained within several videos?)

Okay, now I understand better with the view that say it is too much to have that happened to them — especially the threat part. They might be annoying but even they don't deserve that kind of treatment...

27 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Hide contents

Apparently, they weren't banned. It was D*ve himself who deleted/deactivated due to the threats.