Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I had been reading lately about him re:the SafeSport investigation, sad that this happened. Condolences to his family and everyone who loved him, everyone who cherished his skating and his life.

 

I hope investigation will go on regardless though, all parts deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GUYS I KNOW THIS IS OT, PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO DELETE IT.

 

TSL's twitter and YT have been deleted. Some said it's because of the Coughlin issue. He apparently received death threats. 

 

I know we don't like them, but this is just not right. D*ve was very vocal about the issue when many outlets wanted to sweep it all under the rug. 

 

Edit: He indeed received death threats accdg to the the other guy named J*nathan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

GUYS I KNOW THIS IS OT, PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO DELETE IT.

 

TSL's twitter and YT have been deleted. Some said it's because of the Coughlin issue. He apparently received death threats. 

 

I know we don't like them, but this is just not right. D*ve was very vocal about the issue when many outlets wanted to sweep it all under the rug. 

That's unfortunate. No one should be getting death threats. Gotta give credit where credit's due. I think I was right for Dave to report there's a safesport investigation and I saw the most recent video on this, it was fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

GUYS I KNOW THIS IS OT, PLEASE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO DELETE IT.

 

TSL's twitter and YT have been deleted. Some said it's because of the Coughlin issue. He apparently received death threats. 

 

I know we don't like them, but this is just not right. D*ve was very vocal about the issue when many outlets wanted to sweep it all under the rug. 

 

Edit: He indeed received death threats accdg to the the other guy named J*nathan.

 

Spoiler

Being that petty person my initial reaction was "heck yeah they bloody deserved that!", but then I felt I should concur with the view that even that sort of banning is not quite right, especially if the sole reason was the SafeSport expose video which I am skeptical about, tbh — there are many other YT channels routinely posting video with controversial topics (think of news YT channels, political discussion channels, etc.), they have been doing that for a long time and yet they are still around (most of them anyway). I lean more on the possibility that their channel got banned due to multiple reports piling over a certain period of time instead of just this one-off controversial video.

 

tl;dr: might not be the right thing to happen to them given the circumstances but I am definitely not feeling sorry for those two poor sods.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Being that petty person my initial reaction was "heck yeah they bloody deserved that!", but then I felt I should concur with the view that even that sort of banning is not quite right, especially if the sole reason was the SafeSport expose video which I am skeptical about, tbh — there are many other YT channels routinely posting video with controversial topics (think of news YT channels, political discussion channels, etc.), they have been doing that for a long time and yet they are still around (most of them anyway). I lean more on the possibility that their channel got banned due to multiple reports piling over a certain period of time instead of just this one-off controversial video.

 

tl;dr: might not be the right thing to happen to them given the circumstances but I am definitely not feeling sorry for those two poor sods.

 

I don't think they were banned. Looks like tsl themselves took all the recent videos down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jinxxoo said:

I don't think they were banned. Looks like tsl themselves took all the recent videos down. 

 

...really? ...the recent videos? (Is the SafeSport topic is contained within several videos?)

 

Okay, now I understand better with the view that say it is too much to have that happened to them — especially the threat part. They might be annoying but even they don't deserve that kind of treatment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

 

  Hide contents

Being that petty person my initial reaction was "heck yeah they bloody deserved that!", but then I felt I should concur with the view that even that sort of banning is not quite right, especially if the sole reason was the SafeSport expose video which I am skeptical about, tbh — there are many other YT channels routinely posting video with controversial topics (think of news YT channels, political discussion channels, etc.), they have been doing that for a long time and yet they are still around (most of them anyway). I lean more on the possibility that their channel got banned due to multiple reports piling over a certain period of time instead of just this one-off controversial video.

 

tl;dr: might not be the right thing to happen to them given the circumstances but I am definitely not feeling sorry for those two poor sods.

 

Apparently, they weren't banned. It was D*ve himself who deleted/deactivated due to the threats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole Coughlin thing is so ugly does it have to be in the general Yuzu chat? Can we create a another chat instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SuperMin said:

This whole Coughlin thing is so ugly does it have to be in the general Yuzu chat? Can we create a another chat instead?

Will delete it! Sorry! Didn't know where to post it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not saying you are wrong to bring it up, because so very important, but I just feel this chat should stay very clear of this.  I’d hate to see his name be anywhere near this.  Maybe a another link is appropriate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...