sallycinnamon

[2018/19] European Championships (21.01-27.01) - Men SP & FS

I don't think Yuzu's SP record will fall (Javi is the only one who's ever broken 105, however), but if anyone is going to - temporarily! - take the FS one, I wouldn't mind it being Javi (or even Mikhail, but for the fact that I want Javi to win)

I wonder if even the FS one is in danger... most planned layouts don't seem very threatening technically - I think only Samarin has 4Lz planned? Everyone else has only a few 4S and 4T - and the only one who should be able to realistically get close to Yuzu's PCS is Javi. If Shoma and Nathan with their higher technical content couldn't break that record yet, I'm not sure anyone in Euros will... but we'll see.

It's great to see Javi seems to be not only in good shape but in a good mood, too. He seems to be enjoying himself so far and in a way that's even more important than winning - although knowing Javi, if he really has fun and is relaxed, he'll probably win, too lol

54 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I don't think Yuzu's SP record will fall (Javi is the only one who's ever broken 105, however), but if anyone is going to - temporarily! - take the FS one, I wouldn't mind it being Javi (or even Mikhail, but for the fact that I want Javi to win)

Misha would need to be squeakly clean tho (which would be awesome:smiley-angelic001:) with his lower bv compared to Yuzu-Nathan-Shoma(+Boyang). How many quads does Kovtun plan in the fs? 3?

I don't expect Lord Samarin to be able to set a wr, iirc he was cleanish in gp and didn't score close to the above mentioned...

And will Javi risk 3 quads in fs? To break a WR one needs > 90TES, and while one can never tell with the huuuuuuuge range of goe, some BV just are not enough. And two clean quads + no big mistakes or pops should be enough for Javi's goal... but he's just jumped the 4T in combo so maybe he is going for 2 quads in SP + 3 in FS or 2+2 or 1+3...or he and Brian are just messing with his competitors' minds :14066882::hihi:

If Javi set a WR would be another personal satisfaction:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: but likely not what he's aiming to, idk if he has even thought about the chance :dancingpooh: 

27 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

He seems to be enjoying himself so far and in a way that's even more important than winning - although knowing Javi, if he really has fun and is relaxed, he'll probably win, too lol

That's very true... and very reassuring :67638860:since I woke up to see Evgenia out of top 10 after her Nats sp and Gabby out of top 3 at canadian Nats, I'm fearing I'll open the results page and see something a la COC17 :tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: because of pops...please Javi do.not.pop your Sal and 3A

Kovtun has 3 quads and 2 3A in his FS. Misha has only 2 quads in his free, though. And 2 3A. And one quad in the short. Kovtun has the higher BV like that...

I expect Javi to go for 2 quads in the short and 3 in the free. And then take it from there... I think he's not like Yuzu and can pop into triples, as well, so even if he pops some, it shouldn't be a big issue... hopefully... :ummm:

I haven't been able to watch any skating lately because of my new job so I am very excited that there is finally a competition I could follow live (mostly the last groups though) without getting fired  :68556365:

I am excited and apprehensive (but mostly excited) for the men especially. This has the chance of being an epic showdown or a huge disaster and I am ready for it :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:. Bring your best men and fight for it. I am not going to root for anyone this time since I like so many of the skaters and I hope they all do great and let the best performance win  :smiley-happy105:

Glad to see Javi's jumps are all there and he is looking good. He is the favourite and the challenge for the other guys to overcome and I was hoping he would be at his best form at this competition, which looks like the case. This makes things very interesting indeed

I'm already nervous for him tomorrow. Didn't have that feeling for a while.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:32 AM, LadyLou said:

And will Javi risk 3 quads in fs? To break a WR one needs > 90TES, and while one can never tell with the huuuuuuuge range of goe, some BV just are not enough. And two clean quads + no big mistakes or pops should be enough for Javi's goal... but he's just jumped the 4T in combo so maybe he is going for 2 quads in SP + 3 in FS or 2+2 or 1+3...or he and Brian are just messing with his competitors' minds :14066882::hihi:

So frustrating that he didn't submit a planned layout.  I think Javi can beat the FS record with only 2 quads if he's clean.  Yuzu skated a somewhat messy FS to get that score.  Javi only needs to average 2.2 on his elements and 9.5 on PCS if he does 4t, 4t/2t, 3a/3t, 3lo, 3lz, 3a, 3f/e/3s which is similar to his Oly layout.