sallycinnamon

[2018/19] European Championships (21.01-27.01) - Men SP & FS

1 hour ago, Old Cat Lady said:

So frustrating that he didn't submit a planned layout.  I think Javi can beat the FS record with only 2 quads if he's clean.  Yuzu skated a somewhat messy FS to get that score.  Javi only needs to average 2.2 on his elements and 9.5 on PCS if he does 4t, 4t/2t, 3a/3t, 3lo, 3lz, 3a, 3f/e/3s which is similar to his Oly layout.

yeah that was some new level of troll-ness truly:1: geez TCC boys, it's not a competition at who trolls more, you know :knc_brian3:

I thought 3 quads were necessary for 190 because iirc no skater with 2 quads went above 180, but then Nathan for example had 3 quads but only one 3A, and Yuzuru had 2 UR, so I guess 2 quads 2 3A and everything else clean and Euros PCS could be enough...

I thought the salchow has always been Javier's fave quad,* despite the sometimes wildly tilted axis (not that a wildely tilted axis has ever stopped Javire Fernandez from landing his jumps:bow:) and the occasional pops. But it looks like 4S is always a temperamental jump, no matter who jumps it :headdesk: maybe, after not training the sal for a while, 4T now feels more reliable for combo...

*4S was the quad Javier chose to repeat in the second half and had in combo instead of the 4T in his 3 quads layouts...basically all his FS since 2013:eek:

A quick check of his past WC layout shows that he only planned 4Tcombo in the SP and only in the 2xquads layout, maybe because 4S was the quad he felt more comfortable doing after steps, so rules forced him to have the other quad in combo (tho of course not all men worried that much about the mandatory steps before their solo quad:sigh:). Worlds 2012 was the last WC where I see a 4T in his 1quad SP. Even in his last 2xquadsFS layout in Nice 2012, he jumped 4T before the 4S. Usually the 'harder' jump is the first, unless backloaded.

It's possible he repeated the 4S merely because of BV. But then  his 3 quads layout hasn't really been truly BV-optimized for many seasons (till he added the 2nd 3A in 2016, I'd say). in 2013 and 2014 WC he repeated 3S instead of 3A or any of the higher BV triples like Lz F Lo, he could have repeated both F and Lz because he planned those in combo so he could land them as solo triples too. In 2015 WC and 2015GPF he had... a solo 3T :facepalm:

so I think it was more because he liked the 4sal more :peek:

whoa this turned into a very interesting search, and sorry for the OT:68468287: but seriously a solo 3T asadjgkdsgadk

ETA: idk if tomorrow I'll just check results later when everything is finished and die all at once or follow the updates live and die a little at a time:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

good luck men and please don't die (you, Misha, in particular, I hope you've left the popfests in 2018)

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

yeah that was some new level of troll-ness truly:1: geez TCC boys, it's not a competition at who trolls more, you know :knc_brian3:

I thought 3 quads were necessary for 190 because iirc no skater with 2 quads went above 180, but then Nathan for example had 3 quads but only one 3A, and Yuzuru had 2 UR, so I guess 2 quads 2 3A and everything else clean and Euros PCS could be enough...

I thought the salchow has always been Javier's fave quad,* despite the sometimes wildly tilted axis (not that a wildely tilted axis has ever stopped Javire Fernandez from landing his jumps:bow:) and the occasional pops. But it looks like 4S is always a temperamental jump, no matter who jumps it :headdesk: maybe, after not training the sal for a while, 4T now feels more reliable for combo...

*4S was the quad Javier chose to repeat in the second half and had in combo instead of the 4T in his 3 quads layouts...basically all his FS since 2013:eek:

A quick check of his past WC layout shows that he only planned 4Tcombo in the SP and only in the 2xquads layout, maybe because 4S was the quad he felt more comfortable doing after steps, so rules forced him to have the other quad in combo (tho of course not all men worried that much about the mandatory steps before their solo quad:sigh:). Worlds 2012 was the last WC where I see a 4T in his 1quad SP. Even in his last 2xquadsFS layout in Nice 2012, he jumped 4T before the 4S. Usually the 'harder' jump is the first, unless backloaded.

It's possible he repeated the 4S merely because of BV. But then  his 3 quads layout hasn't really been truly BV-optimized for many seasons (till he added the 2nd 3A in 2016, I'd say). in 2013 and 2014 WC he repeated 3S instead of 3A or any of the higher BV triples like Lz F Lo, he could have repeated both F and Lz because he planned those in combo so he could land them as solo triples too. In 2015 WC and 2015GPF he had... a solo 3T :facepalm:

so I think it was more because he liked the 4sal more :peek:

whoa this turned into a very interesting search, and sorry for the OT:68468287: but seriously a solo 3T asadjgkdsgadk

ETA: idk if tomorrow I'll just check results later when everything is finished and die all at once or follow the updates live and die a little at a time:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

good luck men and please don't die (you, Misha, in particular, I hope you've left the popfests in 2018)

It would make sense that Sal is Javi's best jump. That's why even Yuzu flown half way across the globe for it! lol

I have to admit, I love Habi and Yuzu, but I’m not ready for the FS record to be broken til Worlds. I would be a bit disappointed without 4 quads and two  3A attempt like Helsinki, at a minimum 3 quad and 2 3A.   If perfect, I will have to acquiesce. :notamused:

Looking at the skating order, I feel it's a bit unfortunate for Brezina that he's skating first in the second-to-last group. IMO he should be in the last group and given the way he skated in GP, I expect him to make it to the top 6 for the FS. 

As for Javi, gotta love his YOLO move of submitting a  blank slate for his layout. I just hope he's not intending to improvise! (You never know. The TCC boys are full of surprises.) 

Now, I definitely want Javi to win this one. But at the same time I'm thinking that if he can skip most of the season, come back and do three weeks training, and then win Europeans, it really doesn't say a whole lot for his competitors, does it? Javi's great, and I would love to see a few more skaters be at that same level in this competition as well. 

Realistically, though, who is? 

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

There are streaming links in the opening post, not sure which one is the best for you. This one is working for me fine: https://ok.ru/live/1560629485075

Eurovisionsports link is restricted in many countries...

Thank you too!

I want Javi to win but I think if Mikhail managed to get a grip on his nerves and did what he is capable of and beat him I wouldn’t be too sad.

aaargh - Rooooxane - mute