Jump to content

Recommended Posts

There were also standing tickets available which were cheaper, though I don’t remember the cost.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, baochau said:

Did Yuzu cofirm about his perfomance at FaOI 2019?

 

Not yet, no. Last year half the shows had already gone on sale before he confirmed his attendance at any of them and ticket information still hasn’t been released yet so we probably won’t hear anything about which shows he’ll do until the competition season is over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me answer some questions I have about ticket purchasing at FAOI 2019 :) This will be my first time going, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about the process:

1) Will tickets go on sale as soon as the next announcement goes up? I don't know if I can calmly wait for the date in which tickets are released or if I need to keep refreshing the FAOI twitter for the links.

2) How fast do the tickets usually sell out? Are we talking fast, but not ridiculous like maybe a few hours? Or are we talking, rapid-fire, clutch your credit card, tickets sold out in a mere seconds fast? (this varies by location, but in general)

3) If I want to go with a friend and purchase say 2 or 3 tickets at one time, will all of the tickets be seats next to each other? It would be a shame to go with friends but not be able to sit by each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chiachium said:

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me answer some questions I have about ticket purchasing at FAOI 2019 :) This will be my first time going, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about the process:

1) Will tickets go on sale as soon as the next announcement goes up? I don't know if I can calmly wait for the date in which tickets are released or if I need to keep refreshing the FAOI twitter for the links.

2) How fast do the tickets usually sell out? Are we talking fast, but not ridiculous like maybe a few hours? Or are we talking, rapid-fire, clutch your credit card, tickets sold out in a mere seconds fast? (this varies by location, but in general)

3) If I want to go with a friend and purchase say 2 or 3 tickets at one time, will all of the tickets be seats next to each other? It would be a shame to go with friends but not be able to sit by each other.

1.) Usually the announcement was made *before* the sales goes on for every event in Japan. However the method of selling might be different, hence, the lottery draw.

2.) The first rounds of sell will be lottery draw. Where they will let people with verified account, Japanese phone no. and address needed, to apply for the tickets on the day they want within a period of time. After that they will randomly select who will get a chance to purchase tickets. If you get select you will either pay with credit card or at convenience store in Japan. The lottery draw can be in multiple rounds, depends on the website and no. of tickets allocated.

After the (multiple) rounds of lottery they will announce the general sales which is the first-come-first-serve where anyone with fast enough internet connection can get the tickets.

Since last year there's some question on whether Yuzu will participate in FAOI2018 or not due to his injury the ticket is not sold out when the general sale open. However when he did announce that he will participate the ticket run out just as fast. IMO I think people were aiming for Makuhari and especially Sendai, that's where he's most likely to show up. So it's still a risk if Yuzu will show up or not but if you wait until the announcement it might be too late cause once they are really sure he will show up, the tickets will be gone in a blink of an eye. 

3.) Last year they let you apply up to 4 tickets per purchase, and you'll have option to select whether you want to be seated together or just grab whatever seat available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, freyaminnie said:

1.) Usually the announcement was made *before* the sales goes on for every event in Japan. However the method of selling might be different, hence, the lottery draw.

2.) The first rounds of sell will be lottery draw. Where they will let people with verified account, Japanese phone no. and address needed, to apply for the tickets on the day they want within a period of time. After that they will randomly select who will get a chance to purchase tickets. If you get select you will either pay with credit card or at convenience store in Japan. The lottery draw can be in multiple rounds, depends on the website and no. of tickets allocated.

After the (multiple) rounds of lottery they will announce the general sales which is the first-come-first-serve where anyone with fast enough internet connection can get the tickets.

Since last year there's some question on whether Yuzu will participate in FAOI2018 or not due to his injury the ticket is not sold out when the general sale open. However when he did announce that he will participate the ticket run out just as fast. IMO I think people were aiming for Makuhari and especially Sendai, that's where he's most likely to show up. So it's still a risk if Yuzu will show up or not but if you wait until the announcement it might be too late cause once they are really sure he will show up, the tickets will be gone in a blink of an eye. 

3.) Last year they let you apply up to 4 tickets per purchase, and you'll have option to select whether you want to be seated together or just grab whatever seat available. 

Ahh thank you so much for all of this information!

 

About the lottery draw, I have a friend who lives in Japan that said she would be willing to grab tickets for me. She has a Japanese phone number and address, but what is a "verified account"? Also, I was wondering how the lottery draw is announced? Would the beginning of lottery sales also be announced on their website/twitter?

 

Do you know whether the majority of people who enter the draw get the tickets? I'm trying to determine whether it's worth it to have my friend enter the draw, since I want her to go through the least amount of hassle as possible. Sorry for all of the questions! I'm very confused about the entire ticket process. :headdesk:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chiachium said:

Ahh thank you so much for all of this information!

 

About the lottery draw, I have a friend who lives in Japan that said she would be willing to grab tickets for me. She has a Japanese phone number and address, but what is a "verified account"? Also, I was wondering how the lottery draw is announced? Would the beginning of lottery sales also be announced on their website/twitter?

 

Do you know whether the majority of people who enter the draw get the tickets? I'm trying to determine whether it's worth it to have my friend enter the draw, since I want her to go through the least amount of hassle as possible. Sorry for all of the questions! I'm very confused about the entire ticket process. :headdesk:

 

 

All sales and lotteries will be announced ahead of time. Only Kobe had lottery last year, IIRC, the rest were ticket battles. A verified account means that they send you a code or something via SMS to enter on your account. Entering a lottery is really easy, though, so I don't think you're friend would mind too much. :) 

 

I don't think the majority would get tickets in a lottery, though you'd probably have more of a chance if you opted for the cheapest category. I didn't enter the Kobe lottery last year but I did try for the general sale they had after that and it was over in a second. I think for Kobe and Sendai it will be really hard but other cities will be okay. The other tricky thing is that last year Yuzu didn't announce his attendance until after several sales had begun so if you wait for him to announce you might miss out on tickets but if you get tickets before he announces you may end up with a ticket but no Yuzu. I don't think there's any way he will miss Sendai but that's one of the reasons I think tickets will be so hard to get. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sendai looks to be sold only through ticket Pia, too. No chance of foreigners applying without proxy for that one.

 

 

FaOI ticket sale dates

 

30th March - Makuhari

Kyodo Tokyo, Lawson, Pia, ePlus

 

21st April - Sendai

Pia

 

11th May - Kobe

Lawson, Pia, ePlus

 

12th May - Toyama

Lawson, Pia, ePlus, Sunrise Promotion

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked how to get to Sendai Sekisui Heim Super Arena.

The place is like 4 hours away from Narita Airport.

And the nearest train station: Rifu station is still 20mins drive to it.

Maybe they offer a shuttle bus going there.

Given that if you arrive Saturday morning, your flight has to land on 6:00-7:00am-ish or else you can only go for the Sunday show.

Based on the site:

Doors open at 13:00 and show begins at 14:00.

Question: Do they let you in when you are late?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 5:36 PM, SparkleSalad said:

Sendai looks to be sold only through ticket Pia, too. No chance of foreigners applying without proxy for that one.

 

 

FaOI ticket sale dates

 

30th March - Makuhari

Kyodo Tokyo, Lawson, Pia, ePlus

 

21st April - Sendai

Pia

 

11th May - Kobe

Lawson, Pia, ePlus

 

12th May - Toyama

Lawson, Pia, ePlus, Sunrise Promotion

 

 

I can't remember how it was last year, but did they offer payment at kombinis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, katonice said:

I can't remember how it was last year, but did they offer payment at kombinis? 

 

Lawson did but I'm not sure about the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I just checked how to get to Sendai Sekisui Heim Super Arena.

The place is like 4 hours away from Narita Airport.

And the nearest train station: Rifu station is still 20mins drive to it.

Maybe they offer a shuttle bus going there.

Given that if you arrive Saturday morning, your flight has to land on 6:00-7:00am-ish or else you can only go for the Sunday show.

Based on the site:

Doors open at 13:00 and show begins at 14:00.

Question: Do they let you in when you are late?

 

 

My friends were let in when the skaters had not been on ice yet ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashley2162018 said:

I just checked how to get to Sendai Sekisui Heim Super Arena.

The place is like 4 hours away from Narita Airport.

And the nearest train station: Rifu station is still 20mins drive to it.

Maybe they offer a shuttle bus going there.

Given that if you arrive Saturday morning, your flight has to land on 6:00-7:00am-ish or else you can only go for the Sunday show.

Based on the site:

Doors open at 13:00 and show begins at 14:00.

Question: Do they let you in when you are late?

 

 

 

There will be shuttle buses. Sometimes you have to buy a ticket in advance through a ticket site, sometimes you just pay a few hundred yen before you get on.

 

I was let in late after intermission but I’d only missed half of the first number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×