sallycinnamon

[2018] Japanese Nationals - Men, Pairs, Ice Dance SP & FS

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Part of me still wishes Yuzu was going to 4CC b/c it would be another chance for me to see him live on my continent...the other part of me is glad I don't have to buy a plane ticket to California...

Iirc WC 2020 is in USA ;)

30 minutes ago, luvsk8 said:

Winter Universiade will be another bloodhell...

It could be...this year Nathan Chen is eligible for that, isn't he?

I guess it's time for me to sell my 4cc tickets :13877886: not making another trans-Pacific flight for no Yuzu. Turns out ACI really was my one chance to see him in person this season :sadPooh: unless a miracle happens with WTT or something

3 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

Sheesh, these formalities. But what are the odd that Yuzuru won’t be selected? The probability is 100x lower than the chances of him spraining an ankle! 

Who else in Japan other than Yuzu to win at the worlds? Shoma's already in so it's pretty solid now. 

14 minutes ago, Noelle said:

I'm happy with Worlds team of Yuzu, Shoma, and Keiji. *praying for healthy ankles*

So far Keiji still has healthy ankles...knock on wood.

9 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It could be...this year Nathan Chen is eligible for that, isn't he?

Winter Universiade will be held between 2 and 12 March 2019, which is quite near to Worlds...

Russia team for Winter Universiade:

Male: Maxim Kovtun, Alexander Samarin and Andrei Lazukin

Female: Stanislava Konstantinova and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

So it's still a bloodhell...

5 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Iirc WC 2020 is in USA ;)

It's in Canada. A two hour train ride from where I live. I'm buying my tickets the minute they go on sale, and booking my hotel right after Saitama ends. :hachimaki:

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Who else in Japan other than Yuzu to win at the worlds? Shoma's already in so it's pretty solid now. 

If Yuzuru is fit to go, there's no 1% chance that's he's not going. 

I also worry about Shoma now, his injury is fresher and skating with a sprain is not a wise decision... (shhh I know who made the samedecison numerous times, I know).

1 minute ago, luvsk8 said:

Winter Universiade will be held between 2 and 12 March 2019, which is quite near to Worlds...

Oh, I see. 

Just catching up on activity and comps.  So much going on. Exhausted!!

I think JSF and Dai made a nice gesture and ultimately the right decision.  I was surprisingly relieved to see Yuzu name too, although I knew it was a sure thing. 

I’m glad JSF gave Dai the Silver. Giving him bronze would complicate things. Sorry Keiji. 

This men’s competition doesn’t live up to the hype. The ladies event was a truely exciting sporting event. The men’s event has a lot of drama created by media to catch attention, but the comp itself is not nearly as good as the ladies. And Russian men’s field is a little more promising than Japan it seems.

Also it seems that Shoma’s team like to give the hint of boot problems/injuries before competitions. I don’t think it’s a good strategy, since it gives your rivals confidence and comfort and may result in them performing better than they would, therefore ruduces your own chance to win.

42 minutes ago, Paskud said:

No cardboard Yuzu :<

LOL, women look happy, men look sad. I’ll say it again, in women’s event there was perfection and excitement

For men, there was more drama then substance, I think.  Don’t get me wrong I’m happy for Shoma- staying on his feet for most part, Dai making comeback but the overall skating made me miss Yuzu more.