sallycinnamon

[2018] Russian Nationals (19-23.12) - Ladies SP & FS

9 hours ago, Eclair said:

Then there are skaters who have impeccable jumping technique. These are the skaters who have the best chance to survive puberty, although nothing is guaranteed: 

- they jump big, have a clean take-off, don't use their arms much and don't pre-rotate on the take-off.

Examples are: 

- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Carolina Kostner(basically everyone from camp Mishin)

- Yuna Kim, Rika Kihira, Alina Zagitova, Alena Kostornaia, Wakaba and Kaori (although both do occasionally flutz). 

Fun fact: Kostornaia have borderline flutz. The same with Alina.

And Kaori not occasionally but simply has flutz (although I see visible improvements compared to situation from last year).

In the K&C after SP, Brian was heard telling Zhenya "Your mother is going to freak out. Oh god. What are we going to do?"

I don't know much about Zhenya's mom, but I hope she understands the process is not easy.

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

And Kaori not occasionally but simply has flutz (although I see visible improvements compared to situation from last year).

Edge control has little to do with prerotation. Yuna had a lip, Yuzu had a lip. But both have perfect toepick jumps. 

Alina prerotates badly. Not sure Alena Kostornaya doesn’t. Kaori does prerotate too, but jumps off the pick. 

5 hours ago, Paskud said:

you don't sound like someone with 'amateur eyes' who just wants to know what proper technique should look like as you claimed to be ...

I changed the flutz part from 'both' to 'some', as it is true that Kostornaia has a borderline flutz. But I don't appreciate your mocking response, when I took the time to answer your question sincerly. Bye.

I know this is speculation... but any idea who this might be? I don’t think Yuzu can hold one hour of conversation on phone in English, poor boy can hardly hold one question. 😂 Maybe Misha, whoever it is it’s sweet of him ☺️

25 minutes ago, Salior said:

https://www.twitter.com/TheAnnaWatson/status/1077149744240181249

I know this is speculation... but any idea who this might be? I don’t think Yuzu can hold one hour of conversation on phone in English, poor boy can hardly hold one question. 😂 Maybe Misha, whoever it is it’s sweet of him ☺️

Or maybe Jason? they seem to have been quite close since they went to TCC

9 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Possible! I only realised that after someone mentioned it haha. 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:30 AM, Eclair said:

I changed the flutz part from 'both' to 'some', as it is true that Kostornaia has a borderline flutz. But I don't appreciate your mocking response, when I took the time to answer your question sincerly. Bye.

Yeah, I worded it too harshly. I'm sorry.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:53 PM, steemsprite said:

I'd say Vladimir Vladimirovich
Vladimir_Putin_and_Evgenia_Medvedeva_(2018-02-28).jpg

Oh, that'd be hilarious!

On 12/24/2018 at 5:48 PM, Salior said:

On 12/24/2018 at 6:13 PM, axelnojutsu said:

Why do you all suppose it was a skater/TCC skater whom she had a call with 😂😂 How can Yuzuru get dragged in this ? She has many Russian friends. Would it be more reasonable to assume it was one of her Russian friends who speaks Russian so as to be able to talk everything with her and shares the same time zone with her ? Personally, I guese it was Kristian Kostov. 

32 minutes ago, wpisces said:

😂😂How can Yuzuru get dragged in this ?

Yuzuru gets dragged into any and every story it is even vaguely possible (or sometimes seemingly impossible) to do so... the penalty for being so newsworthy/clickbaitable/adorable.

I just read that Evgenia who is now 19 was the oldest lady at Russian Nats beside Alena Leonova (there would be also Liza if she didn't have to withdraw), and wow. Of course I knew that, but didn't really think about what it means that much. Btw if Evgenia can make her goal of next Olympics happen, this will be a little miracle.

I really hope Liza will go to Worlds somehow. I will probably repeat it a few more times to write it into existence.