31 minutes ago, Eclair said:

link to Boyang's FS: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4323022120798732?

His jumps! This technique! 100% clean and rotated! So satisfying to watch that technique. I'm on cloud seven ...:softYuzu:

edit: (Afterthought:) Maybe he should consider taking his shirt off in practice at international competition, too. Maybe his PCS will then rise, too :laughing: Because 94 is high even for nationals ^^

Like in here: https://m.weibo.cn/s/video/index?object_id=1042151%3A4322233561088647&segment_id=4322233561088647 

Thanks for the video, I really enjoyed watching it again! (Actually thank for both vids lol)

Btw, what was the audience shouting while he was gathering the toys from the ice and then they all laughed?

I can't believe this is definitely one of my (very few lol) favourite free skate programs of this year and I feel like I haven't seen it enough! Will Boyang be at 4CC? 

I know 94 is high but I think he surely deserved about 90, but what do I know, I just know I liked it!:happy:

17 minutes ago, Eclair said:

yes, planned was a 3lutz-3toe, but he went for 3lutz-2toe

but I couldn't care less about that 2toe, his quads were big, beautiful and far away from the boards!^^

I agree. The height and distance of the 4Lz and solo 4T :love:

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

He's so adorable :laughing: But while watching live I literally thought he was about to do this: 

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10784585

Jokes aside, I'm so happy for him :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: and that he was finally able to skate clean. I really like his programs, SP probably even more than FS, they deserve to be skated at a good level at last. I hope he's satisfied with what he showed. The gifts he got were adorable, and he's so sweet to help clean up the ice :7938863: Also can I say I love the flower crown trend catching on?

Also, delighted to finally see Sui/Han back on the competitive ice! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Eclair said:

Maybe he should consider taking his shirt off in practice at international competition, too.

Say what? Did someone take the idea of costume-free skating literally? 

I'm glad to see he's finally learned how long a rink is and where the boards are...his bigger jumps always leave me with my heart in my mouth. @ very respectable performances from him, and the spins, especially in the SP, were great, and the jumps were clean. Artistically though, I wonder a little bit if he's really feeling the music for these pieces...there were some moments in both those programs where it just seemed like he was a bit off in that regard. 

The thing with Boyang is that - like Jason - you can feel his sheer joy and love of skating, and it's infectious, when he's on fire it is just such a joyous happy thing to watch.

Shoma doesn't transmit joy as such - after that devilish little WTT a few years back I think he could but it's not his style - but for me at least, he makes me fee his passion for it.

Yuzu, of course, has joy, love and passion :agree2: And in spades.:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: But then I'm hopelessly biased...

8 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Scores are nationals don't count because judges tend to give higher scores there. Boyang's PCS was 94+, he would never get those scores at an international competition. I

I missed the first half of the program, but what I've seen from the second half was very good. He improved since the GP series and I'm glad he skated two strong programs at Nationals.

I liked how he skated the SP, too although I find the program itself weaker. The step sequence is very good though

What's the 1.5 bonus for? :confused:

3 hours ago, kelly said:

Is that maybe for the jumps in the latter half of program?

Did anyone calculate Jin’s free skate BV, can better compare?

I agree about his joy in skating.  I think it showed the most in worlds 2017. The shake and shimmy at 2:42 is his personality showing through.

14 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

*hit and sinking*

What's that gesture he's doing supposed to mean, though? :laughing: I've seen others do it too in the Kiss and Cry at Chinese Nats btw.

2 minutes ago, Nutmeg said:

What's that gesture he's doing supposed to mean, though? :laughing: I've seen others do it too in the Kiss and Cry at Chinese Nats btw.

The fingers are forming a heart. :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: So he's pulling a heart from under his jacket :D 

1 hour ago, Rainna said:

The fingers are forming a heart. :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: So he's pulling a heart from under his jacket :D 

Lololol thanks! So that was supposed to be a heart? :happy0007:well then: :animierte-smilies-liebe-erotik-228:

17 hours ago, kelly said:

14 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Is that maybe for the jumps in the latter half of program?

The bonus for the jumps in the the second half were calculated in the protocols and the extra 1.5 points were added after that. I'm not what's the reason for the bonus :scratch2: 

24 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

The bonus for the jumps in the the second half were calculated in the protocols and the extra 1.5 points were added after that. I'm not what's the reason for the bonus :scratch2: 

The RusFed also has inexplicable bonuses, so they must have imitated those. There was absolutely no need - Boyang was sure to win by a country mile anyway. There are simply no other contenders among men so far. 

8 minutes ago, Fay said:

The RusFed also has inexplicable bonuses, so they must have imitated those. There was absolutely no need - Boyang was sure to win by a country mile anyway. There are simply no other contenders among men so far. 

Then at least it's not something that only happens in China!

Zhang also got a 0.5 point bonus so first I thought it might be a 0.5 point/quad rule but then I realised Zhang didn't even have a quad...so it must be something else.