Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is there a results page for Korean Nats? Or at least with updates? I'm more intereted with ladies...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

I just found this. First four places after sp.

 

Thak you :) This channel has all the performances I think but without scores https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBBM6I8aFFYHQ011WUsgoWw/videos

 

I don't know what happened with Yelim but that was so not good in terms of components...

And why I'm not surprised that Young You is leading again at Nationals :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, airi said:

Is there a results page for Korean Nats? Or at least with updates? I'm more intereted with ladies...

 

I haven't found the results page, it's really hard to find anything on KSU's site because of the language. 

 

I only found some results on twitter:

 

Ladies:

1. You Young 67.68

2. Eunsoo Lim 67.14

3. Haein Lee 63.66

And I think So-youn Park is 5th with a score of 62.07

 

Men:

1. Junhwan Cha 89.12

2. Younghyun Cha 67.42

3. June-Hyoung Lee 64.41

 

ETA:

We have the final results from the Jr. Ladies too:

1. Yeon Jeong Park 146.81

2. Minchae Kim 144.84

3. Mun Ju Kwak 128.06

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

I haven't found the results page, it's really hard to find anything on KSU's site because of the language. 

 

I only found some results on twitter:

 

Ladies:

1. You Young 67.68

2. Eunsoo Lim 67.14

3. Haein Lee 63.66

And I think So-youn Park is 5th with a score of 62.07

 

Men:

1. Junhwan Cha 89.12

2. Younghyun Cha 67.42

3. June-Hyoung Lee 64.41

 

ETA:

We have the final results from the Jr. Ladies too:

1. Yeon Jeong Park 146.81

2. Minchae Kim 144.84

3. Mun Ju Kwak 128.06

 

Cheers for this.  I'm watching on YouTube.  There appears to be one stand of supporters.  What a shame for all the competitors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Cheers for this.  I'm watching on YouTube.  There appears to be one stand of supporters.  What a shame for all the competitors.  

Do you have a link maybe?  :pouty:

 

Eta: nevermind I can’t read apparently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on the Men's Short Programme

 

Junhwan Cha: 

Really one stand to watch this little stunner?  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:  First combo little wobble on landing but extremely smooth jump to jump.  I still have issues with those arms.  Feel his costume needs to make them look shorter.  Last years short at KNats 84.05 this year 89.12!  1st at last two KNats - going for his 3rd.  Love him.

Younghyun Cha:

White top with purple/blue fade, glitter down from shoulders.  Purple/blue trousers.  Music starts so well then goes mad with changes.  Weird. :gaah: Not as flexible as some but this guys 15 so time to work with.  Needs a Tracey for choreo.  Liked the way he jumps but in spins he needs to watch his straight leg.  Oh and he has an antennai!!  5th at last year's KNats. POTENTIAL. Into 2nd with 67.42.

Geonhyoung An:

Turqoise/blue shirt - white back with black logo.  I've seen this boy before at Yerevan Armenia in the Juniors and liked him very much.  He was highest SKorean scorer at the GP Juniors and came in 7th at last year's KNats. Skating to Perfect by Ed Shearan.  Another boy with long arms.  Felt he could benefit with a ballet class.  Jumps all seemed good.  Very enjoyable to watch. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:

Sihyeong Lee:

Now results show June-Hyoung Lee as third with 64.41....presume this is he?????  If so I much preferred Geonhyoung performance wise. 

White top with gun holster and tie print.  Ok....it's Bond!  Combo with Rippon slight ankle bend.  Fall on axel. Needs to commit more to choreo.  Fake punches really weak. Again leg not straight where it should have been in spins.  Surely this is basics.  Felt not as good as he could have been if more attention to detail.

Sejong Byun:

Black - lace to shoulders n sleeves.  Weird red ruff thing to right wrist.  Combo n 3rd jump ok, fall on 2nd jump.  Very nice spinner.  Got the impression he's left handed as at times his right arm and hand seemed to just ..... hang there.

Sunghoon Park:

Absolutely stunning red silk shirt with front ruffle.  1st jump slight wobble combo seemed weak, pop??? Skating to " Come what May" Ewan McGregor. Needs to hold his end pose longer. (Listen to Uncle Ted!!).  Don't know why but I really really like him.... Perhaps that glorious shirt.:img_21:

Joeseok Kyeong:

Purple blue collared shirt. Silver glitter to top.  Arms significantly stiffen going into jumps.  However beautiful use of hands generally.  Last up leg spin really travelled unfortunately.  Enjoyable.  9th in last year's KNats.  

 

All above just my thoughts.  Apols if any data is incorrect.  Def worth a watch on YouTube if you haven't seen.  So sad no livestream.  Carn't wait till free.  Go to go Jun!  :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Thoughts on the Men's Short Programme

 

Junhwan Cha: 

Really one stand to watch this little stunner?  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:  First combo little wobble on landing but extremely smooth jump to jump.  I still have issues with those arms.  Feel his costume needs to make them look shorter.  Last years short at KNats 84.05 this year 89.12!  1st at last two KNats - going for his 3rd.  Love him.

Younghyun Cha:

White top with purple/blue fade, glitter down from shoulders.  Purple/blue trousers.  Music starts so well then goes mad with changes.  Weird. :gaah: Not as flexible as some but this guys 15 so time to work with.  Needs a Tracey for choreo.  Liked the way he jumps but in spins he needs to watch his straight leg.  Oh and he has an antennai!!  5th at last year's KNats. POTENTIAL. Into 2nd with 67.42.

Geonhyoung An:

Turqoise/blue shirt - white back with black logo.  I've seen this boy before at Yerevan Armenia in the Juniors and liked him very much.  He was highest SKorean scorer at the GP Juniors and came in 7th at last year's KNats. Skating to Perfect by Ed Shearan.  Another boy with long arms.  Felt he could benefit with a ballet class.  Jumps all seemed good.  Very enjoyable to watch. :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:

Sihyeong Lee:

Now results show June-Hyoung Lee as third with 64.41....presume this is he?????  If so I much preferred Geonhyoung performance wise. 

White top with gun holster and tie print.  Ok....it's Bond!  Combo with Rippon slight ankle bend.  Fall on axel. Needs to commit more to choreo.  Fake punches really weak. Again leg not straight where it should have been in spins.  Surely this is basics.  Felt not as good as he could have been if more attention to detail.

Sejong Byun:

Black - lace to shoulders n sleeves.  Weird red ruff thing to right wrist.  Combo n 3rd jump ok, fall on 2nd jump.  Very nice spinner.  Got the impression he's left handed as at times his right arm and hand seemed to just ..... hang there.

Sunghoon Park:

Absolutely stunning red silk shirt with front ruffle.  1st jump slight wobble combo seemed weak, pop??? Skating to " Come what May" Ewan McGregor. Needs to hold his end pose longer. (Listen to Uncle Ted!!).  Don't know why but I really really like him.... Perhaps that glorious shirt.:img_21:

Joeseok Kyeong:

Purple blue collared shirt. Silver glitter to top.  Arms significantly stiffen going into jumps.  However beautiful use of hands generally.  Last up leg spin really travelled unfortunately.  Enjoyable.  9th in last year's KNats.  

 

All above just my thoughts.  Apols if any data is incorrect.  Def worth a watch on YouTube if you haven't seen.  So sad no livestream.  Carn't wait till free.  Go to go Jun!  :tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw:

 

June-Hyoung is third with 64.41 and Si-Hyeoung is 4th with 62.19. (it was not easy to figure out who's who, as their names are very similar in hangul :D )

 

June-Hyoung had a rough SP, step-out from the 3A, no combo after he fell on the 3F, but he was much better in the components than Si-Hyeoung, so that's how he's 3rd I guess. Here's his SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

June-Hyoung is third with 64.41 and Si-Hyeoung is 4th with 62.19. (it was not easy to figure out who's who, as their names are very similar in hangul :D )

 

June-Hyoung had a rough SP, step-out from the 3A, no combo after he fell on the 3F, but he was much better in the components than Si-Hyeoung, so that's how he's 3rd I guess. Here's his SP.

I'd tried desperately to work out who June-Hyoung was from available viseos.  Not found this one.  Cheers m'dear. X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

I'd tried desperately to work out who June-Hyoung was from available viseos.  Not found this one.  Cheers m'dear. X

 

He's a three-times National champion and he is the one who managed to get a spot for Korea at the Olympics last year. Watch his Queen free skate from Nebelhorn Trophy , it was a really memorable performance. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with thanks to @sallycinnamon

 

June Hyoung :

Pale grey waistcoat with cream lace detail at back top.  Red tie.  POTO.  This costume fit is beautiful on him.  Very high leap into the Axel but stumble on landing. 2nd jump ok, fall on 3rd.  Choreography is good and he interprets it very well.  He's extremely expressive. There's a nice quality to his skating.  Liked him alot.

Hilarious audio.  It sounds like the commentators are chopping up their dinner in the background!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

 

He's a three-times National champion and he is the one who managed to get a spot for Korea at the Olympics last year. Watch his Queen free skate from Nebelhorn Trophy , it was a really memorable performance. :) 

WOW....and that's how you interpret a Queen song.  (We have just been talking about Queen on the main Yuzu chat thread funnily enough.). Love how he is so invested in the choreo and the way he used his full body and the little head shimmies.  He just gained another fan.  I wonder if Jun maybe got his arm clock movements from that routine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know Hanul Kim did in ladies SP?  Just viewed  men's FS run throughs.  Poor June-Hyoung had a shocker.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Louitunes said:

WOW....and that's how you interpret a Queen song.  (We have just been talking about Queen on the main Yuzu chat thread funnily enough.). Love how he is so invested in the choreo and the way he used his full body and the little head shimmies.  He just gained another fan.  I wonder if Jun maybe got his arm clock movements from that routine?

... apologies for being :offtopic2:, but...

Spoiler

Before I read about June Hyoung Lee's Bohemian Rhapsody FS the only other Queen program I knew was Ross Miner's Queen Medley FS, performed at 2018 US Nationals (his last performance, I think?). That one is also a decent performance, even more so since he was performing it clean (this is no slight to June Hyoung, just wanted to state it in case someone wondered about it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×