sallycinnamon

[2018] GPF - Pairs SP & FS

The Italians are great skaters but this program feels like they're just running down a checklist of moves they have to accomplish.

Dylan Moscovitch is commentating for CBC tonight and he's making me laugh...

7 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

wow, that's some shirt, Vladimir ... O_o

i love their costumes!

sorry i meant Alexander's

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Dylan Moscovitch is commentating for CBC tonight and he's making me laugh...

Much better than Manley last night!!! He is a funny guy. right now talking about Trankov and how funny he is, and how strong his personality is, lol.

Wow. A high score for Z/E... not sure what the heck was going on, well, i had an idea it was a battle, but the sbs spins left an iffy final impression... but the rest was solid.

2 minutes ago, shanshani said:

Zabiiako/Enbert's choreo and packaging is so dorky

I feel like it's telling a story that we're all supposed to know,  but somehow don't.

How 'bout this red metallic shirt?

Well, despite the fall I thought that was the best i've seen the program performed. I ddn't like it earlier.. it was kind of meh, but they are growing into it and performing it much better. And wow, their elements are just so much better than anyone else's.. i would not be upset about them being first just because of the overall quality.

And yes, PJ and Dylan.. she looks like Clare Danes!!

Edit: PengJin are first and that is fine with me too. It was fun and they hit their elements while the other teams didn't so i think it was well judged.

Okay I liked Tarasova and Morozov, nice energy. Too bad about the fall.

But James and Cipres made me sad because this was not their best performance, for sure. I hope they can come back in the FS.

I was surprised T&M ended up 3rd.  This program isn't as nearly as awful as that Candyman, the choreography is actually pretty good, and there are times when Vladimir's expression and movement work really well -  still doesn't suit her at all but hopefully she'll grow into it.  I thought the quality of their other elements would have put them in the lead but this is a fine result too.  Scores are nice and close.  Hopefully this means we'll have a good battle tomorrow.