sallycinnamon

[2018] GPF - Ice Dance RD & FD

Ok I'm literally falling asleep so... will have to catch up with pairs and men when I wake up.

so.... what the heck happened here?:facepalm: My poor predictions :headdesk2: and sad for S/B:sad4: the gap isn't big but in ID and against H/D it's huge... well, I'm happy that G/F had another very good outing with their RD (SB!), I had liked it the best in GP Helsinki. I wish I could get into H/D, things would be so much easier, but I really can't:shrug: oh well, it looks like they got it in GOE and PCS... I don't know enough about ID to say if deserved or not:shrug::shrug:

It looks like H/B had a SB too! Happy for them!

I hope S/B will bounce back in the FD...but tbh I'd also be happy with G/F and S/K on podium...tho I don't like G/F LLL FD...tbh I'm mostly rooting for S/K to grab a medal...)

good luck for the free dance to all the teams!

How did S/B end so low, I thought they were as good as usual. A lot of politics going on to always place them under S/K imo, who seem to gather more support

H/D have a super boring free but they'll probably win this, barring some big mistake

4 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

How did S/B end so low, I thought they were as good as usual. A lot of politics going on to always place them under S/K imo, who seem to gather more support

H/D have a super boring free but they'll probably win this, barring some big mistake

I don't think this time was that much politicking between Russian teams. S/K got levels 4 and 2 and S/B got basic level (:13877886:) and 3 on patterns, so their placements are understandable.

The worst thing are H/D scores. They got levels 1 and 2 on patterns but the highest GOE on this elements!! Higher than S/K and G/F level 4. And Z/G was the ONLY team with level 4 on 2nd pattern, but their GOE is LOWEST, wtf?!

I find ice dance in general boring but S/B really seem to have star quality. Enjoy watching them a lot.  

did everyone fall asleep before the free dance?

I’m an H/D fan but I really think they should change this dance. At the venue btw. S/B’s program is as exciting as it looks. R rated lol! Maybe they’re a victim of their own passion, getting a little rough around the edges. S/K skated well, but imo only placed that high because they received the Russian push after S/B’s RD mistake. Sort of a Yulia/Adelina situation where one is immediately swapped for another.

2 minutes ago, beki said:

I’m an H/D fan but I really think they should change this dance. At the venue btw. S/B’s program is as exciting as it looks. R rated lol! Maybe they’re a victim of their own passion, getting a little rough around the edges. S/K skated well, but imo only placed that high because they received the Russian push after S/B’s RD mistake. Sort of a Yulia/Adelina situation where one is immediately swapped for another.

Guess who was referee in tech panel...

Lol, it's good to see other people are watching.  btw, when I asked if everyone fell asleep, I meant us satellites, not the skaters.

I was watching Skate Talk and PJ Kwong seems to love H/D's dance.  This movie version of R&J is really becoming a warhouse.  I don't like this program at all - snooze.

I thought the Italian couple was nice.  When I watch S/K, the only thing I can think about is how much better he is than her.  I feel sorry for Z/G - they're clearly going to get passed at the national level when the juniors come up.

I know nothing about dance so I only comment on who I think is pretty and who I like :grin:

I'm sad about Stepanova/Bukin. I guess Bukin's mistake on the twizzles helped. But I am really confused, because when I saw them and Guignard/Fabbri in Helsinki, S/B looked so much faster, more fierce, and had more intricate moves. I was surprised their total points were so close then. And of course, I continue to be surprised now...