sallycinnamon

[2018] GPF - Men SP & FS

8 hours ago, Xen said:

Hmm...chiming in fro, having watched it live, I'll say this.

Live better than TV: Brezina- he has a lot of energy that carries better live, and his arm movement when seen live match very well with the music accents. His "presence" is definitely the strongest in the group.

TV and live about the same: Keegan and Cha, a bit of Voronov. But Voronov does have much bigger edges live that doesn't get translated on TV. Keegan and Cha both felt about the same live as on TV. What you expect to see is what you get.

Better on TV vs Live: Shoma and Nate both. Neither quite have the giant coverage that seems to be implied on TV, and both actually lose to Brezina in presence, in my opinion. I don't like either Nate or Shoma's programs tbh, Nate kind of fell behind the music at the start of his chsq, and well, it has issues. But I take way more issue with Shoma's program for several reasons: 1) I can remember after the event, without referring to protocols and replay vids, that Nathan had a chSq, but don't remember what Shoma did for his, nothing seriously stood out in his program; 2) Nate I think, might have had more transitions variety than Shoma, the lack of 1-foot skating of the latter is noticeable; 3)  Moonlight Sonata is relaxing, comforting...but that's more due to the music itself, not the skating, so again, I wonder if it's the music carrying and boosting the artistry, rather than artistry boosting or working with the music. (can he change to choreographers that challenge him? Plz, like Shae and great spirits?)

Anyways.. that's just my 2 cents.

I agree about Brezina, he's very charismatic. I thought Shoma is better live personally. I don't think I quite appreciate his upper body movements as much on TV. Nathan's jumps are better live I thought, the rest are better on TV.

Speaking about Jun's FS, by now I can only giggle whenever the disco music starts :rofl2: (especially the "JULIEEEEEEEEETTT" part :smiley-laughing021:), also by now I think that perhaps Jun wasn't only picking the music cuts, but also edit it (ie. placing the music cuts — not exactly doing all the work for it but yeah...)

ACI this year was my first time watching live competition.  Jun’s FS was one of the highlights!  Yuzu is even more impressive in person than TV (as if that is even possible!).  He was so fluid and fast; it was very very noticeable even in practice.  When I saw his first triple axel in practice (the twizzle one in Otonal right in front of the judge’s panel) my heart popped out of my chest because it was so huge!  And I almost cried on the spot during the Otonal step sequence during the SP (when he was in costume the feeling gets enhanced compare to practice, and I was standing at the top on the jusge’s side so I got the whole impact of the speed and flow).

18 minutes ago, holina said:

ACI this year was my first time watching live competition.  Jun’s FS was one of the highlights!  Yuzu is even more impressive in person than TV (as if that is even possible!).  He was so fluid and fast; it was very very noticeable even in practice.  When I saw his first triple axel in practice (the twizzle one in Otonal right in front of the judge’s panel) my heart popped out of my chest because it was so huge!  And I almost cried on the spot during the Otonal step sequence during the SP (when he was in costume the feeling gets enhanced compare to practice, and I was standing at the top on the jusge’s side so I got the whole impact of the speed and flow).

I want to watch yuzu live:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

I've managed to watch many of my faves last season between Milan and an ice show (Aljona&Bruno:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:) but why can't I catch Zuzu live sob sob

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

I want to watch yuzu live:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

I've managed to watch many of my faves last season between Milan and an ice show (Aljona&Bruno:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:) but why can't I catch Zuzu live sob sob

I didn’t mean to make you :sadPooh: x so many!! (Hug!)

But once again watching a competition without Yuzu when he was supposed to be there makes me miss him more, especially knowing that he would have wiped the competition.

I guess we can :sadPooh: together and go watch some more of Yuzu’s performances on YouTube....I watched GPF Seimei last night.

Sorry for going off topic....this is supposed to he GPF 2018 Men’s thread which I have turned into a “I miss Yuzu” thread! :peek:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

He needs to go on a world tour for the fans....:softYuzu:

Starting to look through these protocols in order to add them to my judging database and what are some of these judges smoking (well, I guess it is Canada :laughing:), Nathan #1 in PCS, seriously?

and the french judge put Shoma 5th in the SP for PCS???

and the finnish judge gave michal brezina -2 for a 4T< fall? this better be a mistake, that's just incorrect