sallycinnamon

[2018] GPF (06-09.12) - Practice, Fluff & all the In-betweens + Gala

ladies SP is 6.00 to 6.46 am for me but I am kind of excited so I think I will wake up early for it. ladies FS is also still before I need to get to work. unfortunately all else is impossible to stream for me, I value my sleep too much for that. Would have been a diff story if a certain someone were to compete...

52 minutes ago, Fuyukujira said:

Is the YouTube link working? I can't seem to click on it :(

There's no link at the momemt, it's just a placeholder for future youtube link.

14 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

Based on scores he's been getting, I project 270-275 for a completely clean skate. However, his PCS are trending up. 

In comparison, Nathan got 271.58 at IdF and 280.57 at SkAm.  If he skated cleanly, it probably would have been around 280.18 and 288.11 w/an average of 284.15

Shoma's averaged 276.66 at his 3 events, but he also lost 28-35 points/event in mistakes.  His total scores have been remarkably consistent.  

So,  if Jun skates clean, Nathan doesn't upgrade his layout and falls at least once, and Shoma skates slightly worse than his average it's possible.

The one with the best chance of upsetting is probably Keegan.  If he hadn't fallen on his quad combo at Skate Canada, he probably would have gotten around 282.  But I think Jun is more consistent than Keegan.

Agree with everything you said.  Jun has time on his side.  He'll get there.  Xxx

7 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

What happened to hottie Maxim?  He looks like he just got out of prison.  

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

6 quads, no 4Lo.

He's been completely consistent with his layout.  I'm going to have to look at his program more closely - just don't understand why he has 4t combo after the solo quad when it isn't in the bonus.  The only thing I can think of is that it's an artistic choice but Shoma's said in the past that he doesn't think about things and just does what he's told so why would he insist on this layout?  Or maybe he was joking when he said stuff like that.

Excited to hear that he had a completely clean run through. He's been making so many mistakes and I'm curious to see how close my projections are.   A little sad to think that Yuzu's FS score might get broken.  Oh well, more motivation for worlds I guess - though I don't like the idea of him putting even more pressure on himself.

5 hours ago, robin said:

ladies SP is 6.00 to 6.46 am for me but I am kind of excited so I think I will wake up early for it. ladies FS is also still before I need to get to work. unfortunately all else is impossible to stream for me, I value my sleep too much for that. Would have been a diff story if a certain someone were to compete...

I know what you mean. I can pick my work schedule and I tend to schedule it around skating rather than what's necessarily convenient for school.  Luckily the GPF is all at fairly convenient times for me but I'll be late for the men's skating - no way in hell I would have planned work if Yuzu was competing.

13 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

This ice rink is so cute. They look as if they were on the stage of a school play.

I'd really like to finally see Shoma win some major competition, but for some reason even now I give bigger chances to Nate. We will see. And seriously, I hope Free Skate WR is broken (optionally also total) because all of the top guys should be getting 200+ on their best, I hope this finally happens. Yuzu at his best will break any record anyway and I strongly believe we will see him at his best again soon.

Even more than that I'd like underdogs to put a good fight, but right now this could happen only if Shoma and Nate bombed, and I definitely don't want that. So many contradictions, wow.

Right know I'm planning to watch everything live because I can actually sleep after it's over, but I will see if I can really stay awake...

I'm planning to watch everything live as well. I'll be a zombie in the mornings of course, but I'll see how it goes.

I'm actually even a little excited about Senior Men. Thing is, if Yuzu was competing, he'd be the clear winner, but now it's up for grabs. 

I'm the least excited about Ice Dance because only one (okay maybe 2) of my favs managed to qualify.

Actually if I think about it, I'm more invested in the Juniors, and there's the unpredictability factor there as well so I'll try to watch them live as much as I can. 

But if I have to choose, then I'll watch the Seniors live, because the Juniors will be sure to be available on the official youtube channel the next day, but with the exodus on skating vids lately I don't hold much hope when it comes to unofficial uploads.

This is going to be in a very good time frame for me, finally. I do worry I won't be able to watch as much of the juniors as I would like, but the seniors, finally, I can watch without having to stay up at ungodly hours. 

A very nice lady on Instagram (@yuzuru.yk) livestreamed the men's practice. 

Shoma fell at least once :tumblr_m9pdbpGWWe1qid2nw:, the stream was a bit choppy on his practice, Nathan wasn't having a good practice overall it seemed, Jun was lovely and had a good Junliet run through :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:, uncle Brezina fell on a spin, but lovely too, I didn't see much of Keegan but seemed to be doing so-so