100 (and counting!) Reasons To Love Yuzuru Hanyu

yuzuangel

So in the spirit of #羽生くんの好きなところ100選 #100ReasonsToLoveYuzuru hashtag, let's literally list 100 reasons we love Yuzuru Hanyu! :snpeace:

I'll start:

1. The way Yuzu loves figure skating....is unlike any other skater ever. He can make so much more money, get so much more attention, etc. etc. doing shows, but nope he would rather compete at ACI and Grand Prix events. 

2. The awareness he has of all the people who appreciate him, the ones who attend competitions but also the ones watching on the internet or on TV, the ones who spend money on Poohs and flowers but also those who can't, is so sweet and so self aware and just so lovely. Thank you Yuzu :img_21:

I mean, other than the obvious ones (eg. his divine performance, his skating skills, etc.), what I like the most from Yuzu is:

9. His strength, and I definitely don't just mean his physical strength, but also (and more importantly) his mental strength, his indomitable spirit in facing difficulties in his life — what other people his age can only imagine, he can make it real. While it can be daunting to try emulate his mental attitude even just a bit in one's own life, it still ends up giving other people strength, to try just one more time, to do one's best...

10. His attitude, to stay being the most courteous one can be, even when one can justifiably being rough to other people, especially to those who do him wrong in any way. I just....:softYuzu:

11. For being the top skater in the world and the GOAT and still fanboying over his favourite skaters. Who other than Yuzu would dedicate two programs to skaters he respects right after winning his second Olympic gold. His achievements, status and medals did not make him look down on others or forget his roots and what influenced and inspired him to be who he is today.

16. For always striving to reach greater heights. He could have easily and consistently won if he had just stuck with 4T and 4S, but he wasn't satisfied with complacency and wanted to keep pushing himself and the sport. As much as I want him to take it easy sometimes, he wouldn't be Yuzu if he wasn't crazy ambitious. He taught me that you can always be better, no matter how good you already are 

17. For his thoughtful and analytical mind. The way he can see his own skating so clearly, endlessly self-examining. His ability to always find something valuable he can take from every situation and use every moment as a learning experience, identifying his own weaknesses and turning them into strengths. Everything is in his calculations.