sallycinnamon

[2018] CS Tallinn Trophy (25.11-02.12)

14 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Maximus Kovtunus' SP Jazz Selection? including L.O.V.E. and Sing Sing Sing! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Reveal hidden contents

Lots of nice bits in there. Parts of the choreo and SS have a lovely Fred Astaire quality to them. If he can hold the jumps together, it'll be a solid program. 

Now getting a few last men´s free programs. 

weird seeing absolutely empty stands 

Anton Shulepov 

pretty slow

the technical content isn't the most difficult 

seems happy enough. 

Vincent Zhou is skating next 

4Lz hand down ur? 

4S2T 

3A3T 

3A

3Lz rippon 

3F 

3Lz rippon Eu 3S

sorta slow - it it just because there's just one camera? 

Two quads. Oh wow, that's watering it down... 

rotations are still suspect. 

Let's see... 

Maxim Kovtun 

Carmen, for crying out loud 

4T2T 

4S turnout 

4T fall 

slow spins 

why Habanera? 

3A3T 

3A tight 

3Lo 

3LzEu3S tight

the jumps were tight, but he rotated them. 

OK, he does look better than ever, perhaps. Welcome back, though I wish you'd work on your posture. 

ah, I've missed this comp... I belatedly realized it was on and there were many lovely ladies:tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp: but I'm really happy for Sima, I've liked her a lot when I saw her live! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: I hope she can get an invitation to RusNats (I've read she hasn't qualified so she can only go if invited):fingerscrossed:

Sad that Yi Christy made mistakes

Surprised at Vincent's watered down layout...he had already watered for NHK, now this really makes me think that he has some injury... in that case tho, it would have been better not to skate here...:tumblr_inline_n2pjcykAXc1qdlkyg: and he still URs, Tom Z should (?) have realized by know there is a substantial issue in his jump technique he should work on...he has quite a slim body (tho I think he gained some muscles in upper body) and he still gets enough height, so it's really an issue of body position IMO

congrats to Kovtun for his gold and for quite an high score! (higher that misha in GP sic) I need to catch up with his FS to decide which russian Carmen I like more:biggrin:

and yay Slavik skated much better here than in US classic (does this comp count for SB? If so, he's just improved his SB of 20 points!:tumblr_inline_n2pjcy6tMv1qdlkyg:)

Happy for Carreira/Ponomarenko too, and super super happy for Ziegler/Kiefer getting gold :tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

congrats to all the medalists!:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I was really happy for Sima, it was a very nice skate and she looked so happy in the kiss and cry. <3 

It was sad that Karen WD from the free skate, though :/ 

Congratulations to Maxim on winning this competition. His FS was quite good (he got level 4s on everything!) apart from that one fall and the 3Lo UR. It looks to me that he has a different jumping technique...he doesn't lean forward that much anymore.

For Zhou, it was his PB this season with this easier layout but four jumps (including his two quads) were called :slinkaway:

5 minutes ago, Nutmeg said:

Does anyone know why did Kirill Iakovlev withdraw?

I didn’t find any information so far.

Artur won the competition with a season's best score! Yay, congratulations! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Young won in the ladies. She attempted the 3A (UR and fell), her 3Lo and 3T in the combo were also called, her flip got an edge call as well. :13877886:Not good...

Here's the only video I've found so far, unfortunately it was cut right before the 3A until the end of StsQ (no 3A in the slow-mo either...)

Spoiler