Jump to content
Yatagarasu

[2018] GP IdF - Ladies SP & FS

Recommended Posts

14小時前, Paskud說:

 

Jooseph Martinson photo is just make me so in love...........:10636614:Such blessing to have him in ISU event

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wpisces said:

The only clear improvement so far is her 2A. Other jumps not much. But what is more important is that no matter how improved, how ready she is, it has to be shown in her performances. No matter how many clean run-through she does, how confident she's in practice, she has to bring it into competitions where it matters. Apparently, she couldn't show the fruits of training in competitions where her flutz are still flutz, spins are worse, she lost her usual consistency, her programs are emptier, her 2A which has improved the most didn't look much better in competition than those she jumped before. I agree it is a matter of time. It's not easy to adapt a new training style in a short time. Just that the protocal didn't make her look regressed in every area, her performances did, they weren't convincing, she didn't do any better than before. 

Spoiler

Except her GOEs are worse this season even on elements that are fine. She used to get tons of 2s and 3s (comparible to 3-5 on the new system) under the old system, similar to Yuzu (which, imo, is absurd, because her jumps were never particularly good). The spins and performance may be genuinely worse for various reasons, but the other parts either stayed the same or improved (axel, but even though she still flutzes it isn't nearly as bad, plus some of her jumps look less labored), but her GOEs (and PCS) went down across the board. Imo, the scores are correct now, but that only highlights how absurd they used to be. She should never have been held up by the judges so much--it's clearly hurt her in the long term, in addition to being unfair to other skaters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Misaela said:

I wasn't able to watch today, is there a way I could catch up? Like a YT stream or something like that? 

 

Not sure what you've missed and where your location but on ISU web site, there are videos for the finished ISU competitions.

 

https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/figure-skating/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, shanshani said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Except her GOEs are worse this season even on elements that are fine. She used to get tons of 2s and 3s (comparible to 3-5 on the new system) under the old system, similar to Yuzu (which, imo, is absurd, because her jumps were never particularly good). The spins and performance may be genuinely worse for various reasons, but the other parts either stayed the same or improved (axel, but even though she still flutzes it isn't nearly as bad, plus some of her jumps look less labored), but her GOEs (and PCS) went down across the board. Imo, the scores are correct now, but that only highlights how absurd they used to be. She should never have been held up by the judges so much--it's clearly hurt her in the long term, in addition to being unfair to other skaters.

 

Yes, that's where the real issue is. The issue isn't that her scores are low- those are probably what her actual scores should be (and personally I think they are a bit higher than they should be from an absolute points sense). After the high scores of 16/17/18, where else do those scores go? The ceiling is at 10, and she was pretty close to that to begin with-so the only way the scores go was down. But the good news is, if she stabilizes and works hard, her scores should go back up-but that will be a lot of hard work to get back to her old scores for real. What I do find extremely disturbing and disheartening though, is the amount of vitriol directed towards her now. I'm not sure how people presume to know her well enough to actually hate her on such a level.

 

Anyways...good to see Rika win and good to see Mai finally on a GP podium. How, what do I bring for Rika to throw at GPF?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Xen said:

Anyways...good to see Rika win and good to see Mai finally on a GP podium. How, what do I bring for Rika to throw at GPF?!

Is it possible to bring a huge plushy? I know Alina will be getting one, I think her fans are trying to make it into a tradition of throwing a huge plush for her. I would love to see Rika face when she see a huge one for herself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Is it possible to bring a huge plushy? I know Alina will be getting one, I think her fans are trying to make it into a tradition of throwing a huge plush for her. I would love to see Rika face when she see a huge one for herself. 

I'm not sure if it'll fit into my suitcase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Xen said:

I'm not sure if it'll fit into my suitcase.

:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:  

 

oh how about a unicorn plushy? For some reason she remind me of one. Idk why :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×